1 (edited by Annihilator 2014-11-17 14:52:19)

Topic: Beta islands - adjusting ever?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Furthermore, the intrusion system is in no way a reflection of who actually controls a location. It is instead a reflection of who can bring the most power to bear at a random time, once a week. This is problematic because a) it discourages exploration and utilization of betas in general, b) it does not reflect the “truth” of who is in a particular area, and c) by encouraging superalliances, we’re essentially excluding small parties from taking and using remote locations successfully - cutting off part of the playerbase.

this was the reason given for intrusion 1.0 changed to 2.0
now look at the live server and tell us - whats different?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Beta islands - adjusting ever?

It is still a difference, because there is more time.

Anni nice found.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

3 (edited by Syndic 2014-11-17 15:53:05)

It's actually working quite splendidly, because a small-scale 2-corp alliance has taken and is using locations successfully, whereas the superalliance known as Rest Of The Server can't get their foot in the door nevermind anything else.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

We are officialy just RUST not anymore ROTS, ask JOKE and CHAOS big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

We are officialy just RUST not anymore ROTS, ask JOKE and CHAOS big_smile

Joke is a two man corp and chaos is too busy conquering their friendly neighbors in real life.

REST is the rest of the server against us.  A few minor alpha skirmishes doesn't matter they will be at your side the second they think you guys have a chance against us.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

We dont have a chance, we work for it happens!

Energy to Earth!

And spark teleports.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Syndic wrote:

It's actually working quite splendidly, because a small-scale 2-corp alliance has taken and is using locations successfully, whereas the superalliance known as Rest Of The Server can't get their foot in the door nevermind anything else.

you can spin your propaganda like you want, it doesn't proof that the quoted phrase is wrong

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Less forum posting more showing up to SAPs, ok Anni?  Please stop asking for Dev intervention when you only show up once a month.

Sincerely all the people participating in SAP warfare.

10 (edited by Burial 2014-11-17 18:06:21)

Problem with Betas is station locks.

And would revert back to being able to scout every outpost and disrupt any chance of using a beta outpost as more than just storing bots in a station.  Also it means you'd have to add additional scouts in every station.  Also you could bum rush any hauler with suicide fits, and completely disrupt any island operation going on.

All I'd have to do is put a detector in a station.  Undock and scout very easily. Around a 3k ring around the station.  Spot a target and IZ your boys in or undock from terminal and kill it.

you guys are jackasses

Popcorn

Ville wrote:

Less forum posting more showing up to SAPs, ok Anni?  Please stop asking for Dev intervention when you only show up once a month.

sincerely, what of the colored text do you not understand?

What do you care about beta anni? your in a one person corp that hasn't been active in 3 years.  You only once showed up to any pvp.  You think more of these dead vet corps with two active ninja sappers should own a station they couldn't possibly defend?

Nothing is more cool than continually asking for game changes for a game you just don't play.

No undocking once for pvp in the least 3 years, and no hanging out in chat for a few days doesn't make you active.

Vets need to stop clinging onto their dead ancient corps, get in with the noobs, and perhaps try to make a coherent and organized corp that could actually do something against the 20 people who own the game world.

That's right, 20 damn people, and that's on a good day.

Look I hate the current sap mechanics more than anyone, it just promotes inactivity, and casues people with no intentions of ever holding a station to take saps only if no one else is around. 

Beta politics will change once the rest of the server, mostly the vets like you who are inactive and cling to dead corps, get involved with the game again, and when sap mechanics change to promote fighting for stations.

And if you cant get 20 people together to fight us, that's a problem for your side not ours.  This game has many times more active players than 20 (despite its typically 5-10 for us usually under 10)

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

20? You suck. We did it with 8. big_smile

18 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-17 20:59:38)

Burial wrote:

20? You suck. We did it with 8. big_smile

far less players active then, remember, you guys bored everyone out the game by avoiding pvp and allying up with the rest.

anyway enjoy your one man ninja sapping corp.

Outlasting FTW lol

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

You missed the point.

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

sincerely, what of the colored text do you not understand?

Dude, We are actively there.  We are actively roaming, looking scouting.  I can't help it "Rest" coalition can't maintain a presence longer than 20 minutes on an island with a combat force.  You think those three termis at the tail end of the coast mining are a presence?  Get bent.

ville, you're probably affected by "Selective perception" regarding those colored letters...
or with other words:

Burial wrote:

You missed the point.

CCP in 11 years has not figured out end game warfare yet. Don't expect AC to reinvent the wheel.

RIP PERPETUUM

Annihilator wrote:
Syndic wrote:

you can spin your propaganda like you want, it doesn't proof that the quoted phrase is wrong

If a 2-corp alliance of ~20 dudes is a "superalliance" then this game should shut down and be done with it.

Or the few remaining can keep deluding themselves with billions of Steam players who can't wait to throw down 30$ on a 4 year old MMO on life support. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Is the "evul alliance" done chestthumping?

You know Im gonna miss you guys once youre done for. I wish you would be around for some more forum talk once we are done with you, but poor winners are gonna be poor losers and you wont be around for that.

You keep promising something but deliver nothing

Reminds me of Blackhorn

CIR Complaint Form