Topic: Corp chips

I would like to be able to print tokens that have custom identity. The identity could be tied to your corporation or be a big cost per new identity. So say I print "tokens of honor". I pay 50 Mil for creating the item category with the custom string "honor" attached to it. Then I get a item that can convert a new craftable "blank token" into "tokens of honor" (or just convert the color chips into the new tokens).

Game is standbox and direct trades would still allow a great deal of playroom. However if there were ever contracts greated players could issue mission s very much like the terminals provide.

Re: Corp chips

you mean you want to expand the corp internal market to contractors?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Game just need contracts. You can always pay someone in NIC too.

The analogy, as I understand it, is a "government" (or bank or other institution) buys a big expensive stamping machine  / die (Rolafen's 50m expenditure) and subsequently can create finely-engraved tokens (coins, bills, tokens) very cheaply.

Then the government can do something like pay their soldiers in tokens, and require all their citizens to pay taxes in tokens; the nonsoldier citizens would have to trade with soldiers to obtain tokens to pay their taxes.

I agree this would be a great addition to the game. If the alternative currencies could be "lightweight" enough to be mailed, rather than freighted, that would be even better.

The underlying technology of cheques would also be interesting - paper that can be written on repeatedly and unforgeable signatures. Something like: "I agree to pay RAD 200k epriton before 2015" -- Signed, Untz "As Rents-Collector for RAD, I promise RAD will not initiate hostilities with Untz before 2015" -- Signed, Rolafen Azec

5 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-11 01:36:49)

+1

I like *** ideas that will never see the light of day

really were going to sensor re-tar-ded

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

+1 probably get implemented tomorrow its such a bad idea.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.