Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-10-31

Put Explosion damage back in, sick of blowing up stuff and not getting loot.  The reasons you take it away have been fixed.   PUT IT BACK ..

+1 ^

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Put it back but it doesn't effect NPC's and fair enough. Putting it back without that is just an invitation to abuse.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

30 (edited by Qwertyboom 2014-10-31 19:40:58)

Jita..  my poor dear slightly slow minded colleague .. They have taken away the mission exploit, no more mass tokens, hence no more mass beacons.   And people that are collecting beacons. Why should it have to take hours to do a few beacons.  This is merely a time saving way of doing it. The is no exploit to get massive amounts of anything in the game.  I know this may disappoint you since you did enjoy them. But they have all been fixed and explosion damage should be turned back on.  Anyways jita are you even playing?   No. ...so go back to your room and finish your sippy cup. Let the big boys handle this.

Thanks for confirming that abusing the beacon mechanic is your intent. I have over a thousand beacons and I'm sure you have many more. The problem wasn't just the missions, it was the beacon pits too.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Lol +1 qwerty.

Yeah, getting a lot of tokens was one thing, but the real problem was beacon pits, and different ways of herding beacon NPCs into one place and blowing them up all at once. That would be still possible.

I still think the fix was terrible, it makes doing beacons on gamma or beta useless. Explosion damage shouldn't work on NPC's

Ok Zoom ... why should doing beacons Take so long, the explosion damage removal was your typical knee jerk reaction.  And there is always a way to herding npc's on alpha and beta using terrain. If you could build a beacon pit (the new terraforming is painfull to say the least) they are not air tight anymore.   My basic questions are

1. Why does doing beacons have to take so much time and effort for 1 tiny aspect of the game

2. Why cant you turn explosion damage back on so we dont get cheated out of loot drops on beta's or gamma's.

P.S. i cant argue with jita. Im trying to see things from his perspective, unfortunately i am unable to get my head that far up my arse. No futher dialog is needed

The answer is really simple and honestly it surprises me that I have to explain this. If one mechanic brings way more NIC/hour than all the other mechanics in the game, then the rest of the game becomes obsolete.

37 (edited by Jita 2014-10-31 20:28:58)

Does it really need to be explained? It was a mechanic bent to the point of abuse which seriously imbalanced the economy and power balance.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-15283-De … o-07dP.gif

To add to this it's your organisations that bent the mechanics to abuse so much that required this fix - absolutely blatant gleefull breaking of the mechanics. Much like red npcs the fix was imperfect and took a little bit of fun out of PVE but if you want to blame someone go find a mirror.

What other ways are there to make money in this game... The dead market?   farming bots.... oops nope ya changed that too.  Sigh.. as i think of it its not worth the aggravation of trying to make you see why its bad... just like the game, its a dead issue.  No further discussion is needed.

Qwertyboom wrote:

What other ways are there to make money in this game... The dead market?   farming bots.... oops nope ya changed that too.  Sigh.. as i think of it its not worth the aggravation of trying to make you see why its bad... just like the game, its a dead issue.  No further discussion is needed.

Better tuck in that bottom lip before you catch it on a tripwire bubba.

I could agree with Querty a bit, Zoom if you can test it the NIC/h ratio and make the beacons for it.

If some concent you can make this easy, I would do it. Nobody beaconing much at Alfa anyway, I think.
An Gamma really need more CONTENT to be there! Beaconing was ONE of it!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

DEV Zoom wrote:

The answer is really simple and honestly it surprises me that I have to explain this. If one mechanic brings way more NIC/hour than all the other mechanics in the game, then the rest of the game becomes obsolete.

I don't think you understand the ramifications of gamma npcs. 

1.  Npcs have unlimited accumulator.
2.  Everything has demon and ECM.
3.  NPCs can not be kited.  Because they teleport to you.
4.  They always suicide bomb you.
5.  New trees make shooting at range next to impossible.
6.  They don't roam.
7.  Aggroing one mob causes the rest to immediately  drop beacons and teleport to you.
8.  No PVE follow mechanics means, dual boxing is an unholy pain in the ***.
9.  Trees online make it next to impossible to keep together.
10. RSA's are too short.

The biggest PITA of gamma are the npcs.

wow, ville, so much overexaggerating with partly wrong informations.

1. is already untrue, for years now.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

REALLY?  because you are in Gamma and Beta actually working with the mechanics?

didnt think so

go away

Annihilator wrote:

wow, ville, so much overexaggerating with partly wrong informations.

1. is already untrue, for years now.

love the new teleporter mechanics ...

I would like to dispute that Anni.

Well, before the gamma wipe I new guys who farmed observers by running their accum dry. So it was true back then anyway. Not sure if it has changed now...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I like it when Qwerts posts.

Keep it up brosef.

I am Perpetuum.

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't think you understand the ramifications of gamma npcs. 

1.  Npcs have unlimited accumulator.
2.  Everything has demon and ECM.
3.  NPCs can not be kited.  Because they teleport to you.
4.  They always suicide bomb you.
5.  New trees make shooting at range next to impossible.
6.  They don't roam.
7.  Aggroing one mob causes the rest to immediately  drop beacons and teleport to you.
8.  No PVE follow mechanics means, dual boxing is an unholy pain in the ***.
9.  Trees online make it next to impossible to keep together.
10. RSA's are too short.

The biggest PITA of gamma are the npcs.

HEY GUYS HIGH LVL L33T CONTENT ON GAMMA!

QQ  fuuu

I am Perpetuum.

Shadowmine wrote:

Well, before the gamma wipe I new guys who farmed observers by running their accum dry. So it was true back then anyway. Not sure if it has changed now...

i could neut down an observer on beta two weeks ago, and i was testing my neuting efficiency against npcs this whole time, so... i don't think it has changed.

as far as i can tell, Villi is whining on high level. Gamma is no solo content, so when i go through his list, the only valid point seem to be still-standing observers. On PTS i have not seen a single npc teleport around.

point 1 is wrong
point 2 is wrong
point 3 and 4 should be demonstrated with a video if its true
point 5 next to means is not always
point 6 is a bug
point 7, 8, 9 and 10 are multiboxing issues which are supposed to be ignored by the DEVs or at best, welcomed.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

They are all just crying buckets because Zoom took away one of their isk printing machines and apparently I'm the terrible person for not wanting terrible imbalance. Derp logic.