Topic: Like seriously

Where is the T5?  Mining nodes were higher on the list.  Pay alf some over time and let's get this stuff out in the first week of November.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Like seriously

we must be a nolife to craft a little T4 stock and you want T5 ?!

mining in this game is the hell.

its a no brainer to figure out why no t5 is implemented.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

TLDR asnwer: PITA

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

5 (edited by Burial 2014-10-29 18:37:37)

No reason to add T5 before the game gets higher population. Developers, spend your time on PVE.

Rebalance all tiers one level t1 = t2 and so on. T4 will be the new t5 requiring colixium big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Rebalance all tiers one level t1 = t2 and so on. T4 will be the new t5 requiring colixium big_smile

wait, wasn't that actually a planned step some time ago in a blog?

and existing T4 getting scaled back to T3 or so?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

It wouldn't surprise me.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

9 (edited by Burial 2014-10-29 21:45:37)

Tier 1 should be ABC Alpha materials, tier 2 with Epriton and tier 3 with Colixum. Anything more is superfluous.

The difficulty with this common sense approach I'd that common sense doesn't bring in new players. Rebalances bring back old players.

Eve long ago learnt that new even unfinished and badly balanced stuff brings in new subscriptions. A steady release of new stuff was economically more viable than fixing content and releasing things that are finished. They are at the point now where they have enough subs that have left to make fixing stuff worthwhile again. Perp is not.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

The difficulty with this common sense approach I'd that common sense doesn't bring in new players. Rebalances bring back old players.

Eve long ago learnt that new even unfinished and badly balanced stuff brings in new subscriptions. A steady release of new stuff was economically more viable than fixing content and releasing things that are finished. They are at the point now where they have enough subs that have left to make fixing stuff worthwhile again. Perp is not.

as far as i know, eve still has only three tiers, while i could only find T1, T2 and factional weapons when trying to look up eve stuff online.

well, adding a stead stream of even higher tier gear is logical, when you also design the game around it.
for example tiering up the beta and gamma islands into T1, T2, T3 zones where you cannot use anything higher then the zones designated "level".
Just like robocraft.

as for a steady stream of new things, AC currently has way to less difference in their weapon system, and not really the options to change that without rewrite alot of code.

I'm not saying a steady increase in new stuff, I think a set of faction or named stuff could be added or new types of mods (as they did with maskers) but overall new bots, new bots, new bots.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Annihilator wrote:

as far as i know, eve still has only three tiers, while i could only find T1, T2 and factional weapons when trying to look up eve stuff online.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Modu … le_quality

14 (edited by Jita 2014-11-01 11:35:58)

Eves meta level gives about 8+ levels of virtually everything in the game. Perps meta levels are comparable but not very well defined nor balanced and because 8 of those meta levels are constructable it makes 10 of them virtually useless and 4 of them completely.

This is where Perp and Eve differ, you can only build 2 types in eve and everything else is either a loot or bpx drop from npc or npc related activity. The first type is the lowest meta and so comparably useless, it's almost always just as effective to buy one of the lower metas as they are cheap. This gives ratting a real reward at every level as there is a market for almost everything.

Perp currently has

Syntec
T0
T1
T1 proto
T2
T2 proto
T2+
T3-
T3
T3 proto
T4
T4 proto
T4+

Now this means that really you can build the best level of anything in game. The cost of that is so low that it negates the use of much of the lower tiers. If your a cheap *** or looking for specific benefits you can use the t3 and t2 but there is absolutely no use in any of the meta stuff below T4 other than perhaps the t2+ medium aux.

Lack of use equals not only lack of price but lack of motivation to farm them.

So this comes to the point of what to do about it. To start with that let me define the problem as I see it - the current meta levels remove the reward from PVE as you can make the highest tier of virtually everything in the game. This makes them invisible to the point of not being worth having in game.

I would suggest to fix that that t0 and t3- are removed and replaced with three factional tiers above and beyond tier 4 and a new t3+ is added. I would further suggest that all rats stop dropping t2 - 4 completely and their drop rates are very much increased with the meta levels. I would see a tier five red rat dropping t4+ every ten or so kills. Meta level 5 would be every two hundred and only from dark star or equivalent. Meta 6 every four thousand and only from dark star. meta 7 every Eighty thousand and this would be a chance drop from a new rat type using the praetorian models to denote 'boss' rats. Observers would still be dropping niani which would now be T3+ and a heavier equivalent of T4.

I believe doing this would fix a lot of the issues around PVE not just from missions but on beta and gamma too. ANY PVE is dull if the reward isn't right and currently it's far too linear with no real chance to make money from anything but plasma unless your doing star beacons.

theres also the issue that there are 3+1 different weapons ingame. the differences between the three turret-weapons are  so marginal, they should actually be within one weapon type as different versions with two tiers, two sizes (small and large).

when you consider "EvE" and "Battletech" beeing the examples this game is based off, its a wonder why its so wonky. Like a chinese plagiat.

well im not sure I agree with that, i think the balance on three weapon types are fins, the guns however need work.

Annihilator wrote:

theres also the issue that there are 3+1 different weapons ingame. the differences between the three turret-weapons are  so marginal, they should actually be within one weapon type as different versions with two tiers, two sizes (small and large).

The difference is marginal on an overall sum point of view, which means good balance. I consider the detail difference quite interessting which each of the in fact 6 medium and 3 light weapon types having its prefered target from dps vs range vs hitsize vs accu usage vs fire rate (alpha vs stream dmg).

Goffer wrote:

The difference is marginal on an overall sum point of view, which means good balance. I consider the detail difference quite interessting which each of the in fact 6 medium and 3 light weapon types having its prefered target from dps vs range vs hitsize vs accu usage vs fire rate (alpha vs stream dmg).

see how you didn't list three parameters that actually make a difference between weapons in EVE?

There is actually 7 weapon types that are medium.