Topic: Excellent advice for developers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSmI4KO … mp;list=WL

Yes it's from CCP but it's really good , I never saw it this way, my favourite quote:

Players shouldn't think about YOU

Do you care what players think?

STOP IT.

Our best advice for creating passionate players is:

Care ONLY about what your players think of themselves as a result of interacting with your creation.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Excellent advice for developers

CCP is regarded as a scumbag developers.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-28 16:50:00)

Ville wrote:

CCP is regarded as a scumbag developers.

How do you mean? It's not like they haven't been successful, that's what's important here.

RIP PERPETUUM

There is being successful and there is being a scumbag.  Or CCP which is both.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

5 (edited by JetNexus 2014-11-02 09:58:12)

Care ONLY about what your players think of themselves as a result of interacting with your creation.

I waited 3 years to be able to walk on stations, and it never happen.
I wanted to make a steady income without spending much time, maybe even with huge $ investments. But they provided me with full time job and a thousand way to lose my $.
I wanted some casual PvE, Mining, but they're cared only about PvP in game, and ISK loss. And more than that, i'm a fuggen carebear if i try to make this interesting in my way.

So good job so far, CCP lol Good thing i've quit 2 years ago, and looks like it's as boring as it was back then smile

Oh good, your quit this one very soon too!

I am Perpetuum.

JetNexus wrote:

I waited 3 years to be able to walk on stations, and it never happen.
I wanted to make a steady income without spending much time, maybe even with huge $ investments. But they provided me with full time job and a thousand way to lose my $.
I wanted some casual PvE, Mining, but they're cared only about PvP in game, and ISK loss. And more than that, i'm a fuggen carebear if i try to make this interesting in my way.

So good job so far, CCP lol Good thing i've quit 2 years ago, and looks like it's as boring as it was back then smile

OK, I get it CCP have been awful, but if you pay attention this is the NEW leadership with new ideas. Eve won't die any time soon, but they still have to prove it's worth playing again though.

RIP PERPETUUM

What kind of dream world are you living in?  They have no need to prove anything, with making a profit, burning through cash, failing another MMO, and STILL surviving. 

They have nothing to prove to anyone. 

Change is good, but this is not a necessity for the to show they have to prove something.

I am Perpetuum.