Topic: Suggestion List

From my limited time playing this game, as well as taking in the perspectives of those who have played the game for longer than myself (yes this even includes listening to you Stranger Danger) these are a few suggestions I have for both the game and it's development. I will break the down into two categories to help differentiate what is a development idea and what is a game feature/request idea.

Development Ideas

- Use an issue tracker for suggestions, not a forum :

I make this suggestion for a few reasons. First and foremost it would allow tracking of duplicate ideas. Second the issue being rejected, assigned, open, or any number of other status's would issue an amount of information to the community on what suggestions have been reviewed and the final verdict on the idea, this to a community means a lot as it shows they are not being ignored. Lastly this will help from thread bumping causing ideas to get 'lost' in the woodwork, forums are designed for discussion not listing, linking a thread to an issue for discussion is great but using it as the whole suggestion system has major faults.

- Break portions of the games programming down into more sub pieces

The idea here is expand-ability with out a full rewrite. By portions of the game modular you can make more dynamic content at a quicker pace as well as make some content from a predefined generator. This can help many parts of the game such as PvE, island creation, AI, autopathing, the list goes on.

- API

I know there is an API in dev, and I know there are security concerns involving it. Now think of this, an API that links directly to the game server can be an issue, but what if it accessed cached XML data that is updated lets say, on the hour? This isn't as glamorous as real time data but it remedies some of the less time critical information asked for by third part developers with less risk of actual damage to the game servers themselves.

Game Mechanic Suggestions

- Remove or Restrict Spark Teleports

Spark Teleport is not generally a bad idea in and of itself. Though its abuse allows for projection of power across the entire map allowing for the game to become susceptible to 'goon' tactics. If not removing them all together, at the very least take a leaf from other games and put a real life time restriction between uses. Even if its as simple as 1 spark teleport per 24 hour cycle this would help negate some of the issues that they place in a small land mass.

- Expand the amount of islands

Yes there is argument of players in game vs the amount of available land mass. However as it stands a lack of exploration zones makes life fairly.... boring. Yes we have some beta and some gamma islands, but if the hunting ground is easily transversed in a half hour to an hour then there is not much challenge in the hunt! The expansion of the world would also entice newer players as after just 4 weeks of playing the game what was once a large amount of islands turned into feeling like I was living in a condensed metro that I could drive across in a half hour, including the normal china town you're going to get killed zone lol.

- Landmarks Tabs

I will say it now, I came form EvE Online. The ability to have different filters on different tabs in that game was priceless to me and hundreds of others that I have played that game with. I even went to the extent of creating custom XML files specifically for tabs and their coloring layouts. Even in this game, it may not be called an overview, but it is, and it is extremely limited and unforgiving as it stands. Allow some more customizing of that puppy so we can switch from PvE mode to PvP mode on the fly!

- Waypoint/BookMark Interaction

Waypoints at this point are fairly annoying. They are useful to a great extent but no right click menu on them can cause them to be rather irritating to make sure that they are selected properly. Treat these little guys like entities, they can be right clicked, selected, even targeted! They do refer to a tile after all! Also allow for grouping these in the map, picking and choosing through these when you are using them for temporary purposes can be tedious.

- Map

The map.... this thing needs redone all together. As it stands this thing causes lag just by opening it, not noticable on some machines but on many others it can take half a second to load. Also to refresh bookmarks you have to open the map and close it, this really is a pain especially when jumping between islands. Caching is good, but to the level you have to force the refresh every time? No.

- Chats

Oh my the chats. Let these entities be separated, tab hopping is so inconvenient to the point I refuse to even pay attention to my own corporations chat when I am off of Alpha Islands.

- Research

Ok research window, this one is just nit picking. I know you can prototype even if you don't have the skill to research it so long as the corporation has it done already. At the moment if you can't research it its shaded over, making it misleading like you can not prototype it. Set the background color to red or something instead so it says "Hey you can use this research, but you cant unlock anything at this level."

- Market NPC seeds

I see needing to seed things such as basic light bots, I can see seeding STANDARD ammunitions, basically anything that is needed to completely start over. But anything beyond that? No let the rookies make cash from the specialized ammunitions, let the medium age people make some assaults possibly some mechs, let the economy run itself. As it is many people pay NPC price on many things because they are just too lazy to hit a hub! Force them into the player market, force them to participate, emulate the real world and let the prices modify themselves.

- Internal Corp Sales

Not really needed, at the very least not really needed until we hit a peak in players that would make this non detrimental to others playing the market.

- Corp storage

This really needs some security lovin'. It's not really necessary in the immediate but as corporations grow this is really going to be something that can help in the espionage aspect of a sandbox like this.

- Conglomerates

See my post in the thread here --> http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … te-system/

- CTs

Allow people who can see into a corp storage to be able to run CT's for the corp with out their removal. CT starts from the storage, output goes to the storage, removal of the CT drops the CT back in the storage. 'Nuff said.

- Modular Mission / InterZone Missions

Missions, so repetitive. See the above modular reconfiguration in development ideas, now think how this can be used here. You could 'make' a mission dynamically by selecting sub objectives at random from a list. This could even allow for combat missions that cross zones to other islands. Think about it a new category of high risk mission that goes from Alpha -> Beta, this type of island crossing would have more chance of PvP happening, groups needed for certain types of missions with proper reward, and more venturing the risk for the reward popping peoples Beta cherry.

- Static Spawns

Remove statics, period. I have made stupid amounts of money from passive spawns such as diggers and haulers. Their guard never responds to the attack due to mechanics making it stupid easy cash. Either do one of two things, remove them and cause their spawns to be dynamic across the islands (preferred because it teaches hunting to players) OR at least allow their formation to defend them like players would do if they were in the same formation. Heck make it interesting DO BOTH CHANGES!

OK I think I'm done for now, more to come as I expand my list of "huh, would be neat if this happened."

Cheers,
Jade

Re: Suggestion List

BIG FAT +1 for the issue tracker

+1 to the rest also.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Static Spawns

i think is problem get kernel for new corps

Just @ Game

BadAss wrote:

Really? You can't even REMOTELY compare to how difficult it was before, and how easy it is now.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

the OP summed up pretty nicely what has been suggested over the last few years from players and even from external sources afaik (splitting up the client files).

BadAss wrote:

Static Spawns

Static spawns are not necessary for that. not even remotely. Static spawns are the reason why you need so many kernels and fragments in the first place.
The more you dumb down the game to macro/botting level, the less rewarding a single kill has to be. The key is to find a balance between grind, tough combat and out-of-combat time (aka walking).

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+10^10

cool +1

Removal of the internal corp market bothers me a bit. Then you force people to just trade internally with corp members instead of using the market. Seems like it will just make buying/selling in corp more tedious, but not really solve the main issue...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

still don't get the relation between corp internal orders and the public market.

what does the one have to do with the other?
Its just a form of corp storage access. Asking for the removal of it is like asking to not implement the CT thing you mentioned there.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear