Topic: PVP free Gammas

I really think this could work. Biggest issue is terminal spamming so my idea would be to buy a space/plot you will need Perpetuum credits depending on the size the more PCs you need.

These new islands would not have:

Colixium.

Industrial bonuses pvp gammas have.

turrets

Walls

Most of  the advantages pvp areas have.

These new islands will have:

terraforming

tax income from public market.

Monthly rate in NIC upkeep cost.

Nasty roaming NPCs but low loot drop.

This will really retain old and new PVE players. Giving them Something to do although not as rewarding. It will also get new players get ready for PVP gamma. It will add more value to colixium, would need to ninja some way or buy.

Although the rewards for pvp areas should be exclusive, I don't think some of this content should be exclusive to pvp areas.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: PVP free Gammas

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Burial 2014-10-27 14:36:39)

If they added a rent system, sure. If rent is not paid, MPC gets removed or can be bought out. Allows people to try out MPC content without fully jumping into the pool.

Burial wrote:

If they added a rent system, sure. If rent is not paid, MPC gets removed. Allows people to try out MPC content without fully jumping into the pool.

a certain corp would probably just rent all availiable spots to deny that feature from others. and ofc, for epeen

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Prolly not, 1 corp limit would fix that.

Ville wrote:

Prolly not, 1 corp limit would fix that.

oh, really?

shall we dig up every post where someone immedeately brings up the argument "fake corps" whenever a 1 per corp limit was mentioned?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

7 (edited by Ville 2014-10-21 19:36:40)

This would be good to w/o access controls you could let others "rent" your station by producing there having hitech facilities. 

It's fairly easy to implement too.

1.  Bring in 3 more islands connected to alpha 1 and 2.

2.  Institute a 1 corp rule.

3.  Restrict wall and turret building.

4.  Institute a global tax if the tax is not paid the station goes into reinforcement, you get 9 days to pay it, or your terminal turns into a loot piñata.

5.  Remove terminal restriction placement of 3k from an additional terminal.

8 (edited by Burial 2014-10-21 19:42:04)

Annihilator wrote:
Burial wrote:

If they added a rent system, sure. If rent is not paid, MPC gets removed. Allows people to try out MPC content without fully jumping into the pool.

a certain corp would probably just rent all availiable spots to deny that feature from others. and ofc, for epeen

If they want to bleed NIC for no apparent reason, sure.. I personally would sell MPC structures instead. The tax doesn't nessecarily have to be NIC. It could very well be a special mineral that has to be mined for example.

Burial wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Burial wrote:

If they want to bleed NIC for no apparent reason, sure.. I personally would sell MPC structures instead. The tax doesn't nessecarily have to be NIC. It could very well be a special mineral that has to be mined for example.

That's the spirit.

I hope not, would be nice to test this!

This is a good idea I think, and need to develop.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

11 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-21 20:28:21)

Burial wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Burial wrote:

I like that special mineral idea as payment. I think it should be quite expensive in real $$$ to just get a terminal placed in order to avoid spamming, goood revnue for the Devs too, that could keep them adding more islands I guess to counter spamming. It would have great advantage for market players and industrialists.

RIP PERPETUUM

Then sprinkle in some NPC's that spawn in mass that shoot structures.

Epic PVE in counters.

I am Perpetuum.

Yes IN counters.

I am Perpetuum.

Counting within.

But really, this could be done but they need to be battled over with NPC's.  In some form.  You have to beat them back or something along those lines.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

Counting within.

But really, this could be done but they need to be battled over with NPC's.  In some form.  You have to beat them back or something along those lines.

+1

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

now the most important question:
why developing two games? aren't there already to few DEVs for a single one?

Perpetuum wrote:

Then sprinkle in some NPC's that spawn in mass that shoot structures.

Epic PVE in counters.

Good. I only suggested PVE gammas because they are quite easy to do, just need to block rewards and tweak their balance a little. Even some of the old gammas (not yet ingame) will do. This will open up much more content for everyone in a short time of  development, whilst giving the game more income and something for PVE types to feel attached to, which is what keep players playing in a sense.

And yes NPC encounter could come in later.  If this works out fine, I seriously think this is what alpha living should be about.

RIP PERPETUUM

I think its something that could drive MPC sales, epriton and Noralgis rise.  Creates a need and necessity.  Let's get this rolling!

A pve gamma in the middle of the alphas would be fun. Just like any other alpha but with terraforming, no mpcs, and it would have all the minerals of the three colors

question to Celebro:

when you remove "Industrial bonuses pvp gammas have".
what else then a terminal do you build?

just a terminal + a T1 facility building = industrial gamma bonus

Annihilator wrote:

question to Celebro:

when you remove "Industrial bonuses pvp gammas have".
what else then a terminal do you build?

just a terminal + a T1 facility building = industrial gamma bonus

Terminal + T1 facility buildings = The facilities on your drop down menu

No gamma bonuses, although maybe just something better than alpha 2's

I guess the details can be ironed out later.

Bottom line is: I will spend real cash on this and I am sure many will to set one up.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV's what do you think about it?

Energy to Earth!

+1 This idea holds a lot of merit, especially when it comes to the learning process. Even if it does nothing more then teach a corporation the difficulties to maintaining the structures before they decide to try and kick in the doors in the PvP gamma islands, it at the very least would give corps a place to group together and base from that they can call their own before they *upgrade* to the benefits of beta or gammaPVP zones.

Bump for great Idea

Definitely deserves some more attention and maybe even some comments from devs