Topic: New Tile based Geoscan mechanics

Is it intentional that the second tab of the scanner window now has no reason to exist anymore?
http://i.imgur.com/4uaaQqg.jpg

since no heatmap data is stored in any form except the temporary terrain-overlay right after the scan,
your kinda forcing a geoscanner to be around in case your client crashes, your logging out or whatever.

the option to "upload" the result to the worldmap should also be renamed to "create waypoint only visible on worldmap, not on terrain" or so, if this is the intended way it should work.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: New Tile based Geoscan mechanics

You're right, that second tab has no use anymore.

so your saying everything is intentional?

so you next patch will remove that tab and the ability to "create datafile" from geoscans as its less usefull then just creating a waypoint that i can send via friendlist?

if yes, then please make those "geoscan bubbles" to be shown on terrain and shared like waypoints.
thanks

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Yeah sharing geoscans the same way like waypoints has been on our todo for a while.

whoa, whoa, whoa.  Let's talk about this Screenshot and General Chat.  First of all Colixum charges aren't seeded.  Secondly no one produces them.  Thirdly, you have to have a base up to even mine them.  At this point you can't even mine it!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yeah sharing geoscans the same way like waypoints has been on our todo for a while.

two question and one request, and your answer is kinda... it leaves all three points open. hmm

Ville wrote:

whoa, whoa, whoa.  Let's talk about this Screenshot and General Chat.  First of all Colixum charges aren't seeded.  Secondly no one produces them.  Thirdly, you have to have a base up to even mine them.  At this point you can't even mine it!

the issue in general chat got resolved a few minutes later.

ok, a few more scans later -
this change really starts to get anoying the more i am looking for minerals.

if a mineral deposit is larger then your scan radius, you can hardly make a scan of the whole thing. pre change you could at least get a full picture of the deposit on the map -> gone

can't you make the on-terrain display beeing a summary of all scans you do? the scan will be gone when i dock or log anyway, so you could at least keep the data in memory

This New Tile based Geoscan mechanics have nerfed ore mining.

Before last patch, I used fast Argano to find ore field and making scan results. After that I took slow Termis/Riveler fitted with maximum numbers of industrial tunings, and I went to the site to dig.

After last patch, scan result making with Argano is useless. I need fit geoscanner on Termis/Riveler, remove one industrial tuning, make scan and start digging.

Result: 5-10% less ore per time unit (5% for T1, or 10% for T4 industrial tuning).

My question is: why are the DEVs nerfing ore mining, and what new game improovement are we getting?