Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-10-16

Server will be down for a patch on 2014-10-16 from 14:00 server time (CEST). The patch will deploy a new mineral spawning system and a few fixes. Estimated downtime will be about 2 hours.

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-10-16

Its a good blog and thank you. Can I suggest you open up to the community about thoughts to do with balancing (and perhaps even changing the roles of) robots. I think its probably your greatest chance of a new influx of players and so lets maximize the opportunity.

Again, good post and good changes (but where is sparks!)

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Working as intended.  Freeing up Gamma will be exciting!!!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-10-16

Question?  Does the corporation who owns the terminal receive the market tax for items bought and sold on the market?

Ville wrote:

Question?  Does the corporation who owns the terminal receive the market tax for items bought and sold on the market?

AFAIK it has always been that way.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

Yes.

Known issue: liquid minerals are not liquid.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Yes.

\o/  Awesome I didn't know that.  You know communist and all.

Known issue 2: epriton was accidentally assigned to ASI alpha islands instead of ASI betas. Hotfix tomorrow. Mining rush in 3... 2... 1...

DEV Zoom wrote:

Known issue 2: epriton was accidentally assigned to ASI alpha islands instead of ASI betas. Hotfix tomorrow. Mining rush in 3... 2... 1...

lol lol

RIP PERPETUUM

LOL that's awesome.

want to have heatmap back please, prefered the old version where I could scan, run back to terminal and equip proper industrial tunings / pay newbies to get the heatmaps for me. The "new" system adds nothing, only takes away opportunities

Khetar wrote:

want to have heatmap back please, prefered the old version where I could scan, run back to terminal and equip proper industrial tunings / pay newbies to get the heatmaps for me. The "new" system adds nothing, only takes away opportunities

i wonder if that is intentionally that then new system does not allow trading of geoscan data.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The change on SAP stability will have a bad effect on small corps without large online presence. This will mean, that at the moment an alliance of several small corps with bad online presence around the clock will not be able to have 1 outpost stable even if the sum of the player together would fit to defend their outpost half decent.

Colixium Mining charges not seeded - intentional or not?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

DEV Zoom wrote:

Wow, is this going to totally screw up the market? Not just the Epriton market but all T4 equipment? There is going to be a hell of a lot of Epriton mined today if my crowded field is any indication.

Colix mining charges were never seeded. I assume intentionally.

Goffer wrote:

ah, ok,
then its fine.

then the question - why are epitron charges seeded?

Annihilator wrote:
Goffer wrote:

ah, ok,
then its fine.

then the question - why are epitron charges seeded?

None of them should be seeded tbh and you shouldn't be able to reverse them either. Currently there is zero reason to research ammo.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Both issues are fixed now.

Goffer wrote:

The change on SAP stability will have a bad effect on small corps without large online presence. This will mean, that at the moment an alliance of several small corps with bad online presence around the clock will not be able to have 1 outpost stable even if the sum of the player together would fit to defend their outpost half decent.

Goffer been trying to tell this to the people but they won't listen.  Regardless enjoy your patch.

Ville wrote:
Goffer wrote:

Goffer been trying to tell this to the people but they won't listen.  Regardless enjoy your patch.

regarding that, nothing has really changed.

Zoom.... Directional Energy field charges are saying "This Mineral type does not exist on this Island" on Gamma....

Zoom, sap timers are extremely longer than usual. Is that intentional or were they reset due to the patching?

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War