Topic: Troiar

Are they really as useless as everyone says they are?

Re: Troiar

isn't this a balancing topic?

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Nothing is useless if you know wtf to do. wink

"What would you attempt to do if you knew that you could not fail?"

Hollywood wrote:

Nothing is useless if you know wtf to do. wink

I like the sound of that smile

Recognizer wrote:

isn't this a balancing topic?

Don't think so, I'm not saying it needs to be better than x. Just wanted to see peoples view about them.

Yea I really struggle when people say 'x is rubbish'  because it really does depend on the fitting and the situation your in.

But saying that, 7 years later and CCP still balancing their ships, likewise with PO im sure were in for a long and rocky road of balances and tweaks.

not really.

i agree with ppl who think that intakts are better suited for all out ewar, with the 4 headslots. 

however troiar's are probably a mroe balanced Bot, that is probably better in smaller groups, where some DPS is also necessary.

I have seen some well kitted out Troiar's running around ICS Alpha, most notably E-Corps seem to have a few good ones. Ask one of their players, who it was, and what kit they use.

<knowledge is power>

~M~

In the echelons of human history, legend spoke of the Messiah, who would lead the lost, from the darkness, into the light...

~Don't say you weren't warned~

7 (edited by postman 2010-12-10 16:37:33)

Messiyah wrote:

not really.

i agree with ppl who think that intakts are better suited for all out ewar, with the 4 headslots. 

however troiar's are probably a mroe balanced Bot, that is probably better in smaller groups, where some DPS is also necessary.

I have seen some well kitted out Troiar's running around ICS Alpha, most notably E-Corps seem to have a few good ones. Ask one of their players, who it was, and what kit they use.

<knowledge is power>

~M~

If you're in a group were your EWAR is concerned with DPS then something is wrong.

<learn to focus fire and coordinate your group>

~P~

8 (edited by Gremrod 2010-12-10 16:51:38)

Delvar Vardel wrote:

Are they really as useless as everyone says they are?

Useless? No.

Are they the best e-war bot? No.

Each faction e-war bot has a role to play. Best thing would be to play the correct role with the correct faction e-war bot.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Troiar is simply awsome, you just need some extensions to make it effective. With the right extensions, right equipment and right knowledge it is very effective if you know for what you want to use it. If you're comparing it with an Intake, you definitely don't get the point of the Troiar.

I have my Troiar fitted with 1 ecm,  2 drainers, 1 neut, 1 demob, lwf, and a shield. So I would assume my roll is snare and drain AP. Is that correct?

Delvar Vardel wrote:

I have my Troiar fitted with 1 ecm,  2 drainers, 1 neut, 1 demob, lwf, and a shield. So I would assume my roll is snare and drain AP. Is that correct?

You are a blood sucking vampire, thats what you are... j/k cool.