Topic: Please Fix Harvestable plants on Gamma.

Thanks

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Please Fix Harvestable plants on Gamma.

Bump

Fix is out. It will take some time for them to grow based on the new rules.

Thanks, any clue how long this should take?

Well it's the same like when they regrow after harvesting or destroying them. Around a few days or a week I think.

Kk thanks.

7 (edited by Jita 2014-10-02 17:08:29)

on a related note what balances happen on Alpha when a plant gets destroyerd Lets say for instance someone with a history of abusing mechanics just to be a ***  .. lets for arguments sake call him peanut .. decides they want to get twenty guys together and destroy every racial plant on the yellow islands and then control the market.

What stops that happening?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

on a related note what balances happen on Alpha when a plant gets destroyerd Lets say for instance someone with a history of abusing mechanics just to be a ***  .. lets for arguments sake call him peanut .. decides they want to get twenty guys together and destroy every racial plant on the yellow islands and then control the market.

What stops that happening?

Nothing?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I imagine that would be "fun" for a day or two and then the joke becomes too much hassle.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I imagine that would be "fun" for a day or two and then the joke becomes too much hassle.

the notion of this answer sounds awesome familiar to something you said about a certain "insurance payout", and eventually about terraforming a 2km radius wall around island teleporter.

really, its very similar...

just a small example:
how long does it take to discourage a new player by just shooting down plants he has to harvest for a mission, eventually after he switched from artifact combat missions to industrials to not get more frustrated?

but the only fix would be GMs, because no game mechanic CRM could code would solve the issue.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You know Jita, I never thought of doing that.  Thanks for that information!

Please, destroy the game, by all means.

FFS.

Oh come on, do you think people would actually do that?

Ville wrote:

Oh come on, don't you think we already do that?

fixed

Its quite labour intensive with the population we have. if alpha had a couple of thousand guys on it then it would be a different story.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:

I think you're seriously underestimating the depravity of some of your players. Didn't the red npc debacle on alpha teach you anything? I sat on TS and listened to several people gleefully spend HOURS setting things up to get a single kill and then laugh and laugh and laugh.

Undock in a symbiont on alpha and someone could follow you around shooting your plants just to be a ***, and I know several people that would find that immensely satisfying for days and days just because they're "griefing" someone else. (BTW, if you haven't guessed, it's most likely not going to be someone from JOKE or their friends doing it either cause we're better than that for the most part).

That reply was for Jita's theory, not about griefing with a few plants.

DEV Zoom wrote:

DEV Zoom wrote:

That reply was for Jita's theory, not about griefing with a few plants.

ahhh, now i get it tongue

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

but the only fix would be GMs, because no game mechanic CRM could code would solve the issue.

There are three fixes.

1) ban ***
2) make Alpha plants unable to be shot (but don't do that as people would plant walls)
3) make alpha plants auto spawn as soon as one dies in much the same way minerals do.

Personally I prefer ban *** but that's just me :-)

Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

There are three fixes.

1) ban ***
2) make Alpha plants unable to be shot (but don't do that as people would plant walls)
3) make alpha plants auto spawn as soon as one dies in much the same way minerals do.

Personally I prefer ban *** but that's just me :-)

see, thats what i wrote
1) needs GMs
2) and 3) would only be "bandaid-fixes" like the whole current Alpha only-stuff (syndicate protection, orange npcs, etc.)

DEV Zoom wrote:

You have to play the game more, Zoom.

Still no plant life....