Topic: no remboursement of terraforming charges

when i have talk with zoom few month ago . he have said we will have reimboursement of charges. we have paid around 400 million of nic. we would like have this nic again.
its not normal we have nothing . we have all time play in this game and now we have nothing....

i don't know if others players have this beug.
i have send my ticket 19/09/14 and nothing.....
is not with that all many players will be back

Re: no remboursement of terraforming charges

Thanks for testing!  Hope you enjoyed your experience.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Yeah they have no logs of nic being spent on TF charges. Community was told no refund.

Dev Zoom?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

4 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-29 14:54:40)

If my memory serves me right a refund on terraform charges was going to be done based on the number of outposts setup on gamma.

RIP PERPETUUM

Here's a field container, please deposit tears here.

Reimbursements related to Gamma changes:
All old module terraforming charge types have been converted to the new universal terraforming charge.
Reimbursed 1 000 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacons.
Reimbursed 225 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacon charger modules.
Reimbursed 3 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacon charges.
(Depending on the item location, the NIC went to either personal accounts, or corporation accounts.)

thats what should have happened according the patchnotes. if you are sure you had any beacon-terraforming related items you should compare your last wallet-log before and after that patch. the reimbursement itself wont show up since it was no transaction tracked by the game (which is the worst IMHO)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-29 16:46:12)

Annihilator wrote:

Reimbursements related to Gamma changes:
All old module terraforming charge types have been converted to the new universal terraforming charge.
Reimbursed 1 000 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacons.
Reimbursed 225 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacon charger modules.
Reimbursed 3 000 NIC per piece for all existing terraformer beacon charges.
(Depending on the item location, the NIC went to either personal accounts, or corporation accounts.)

thats what should have happened according the patchnotes. if you are sure you had any beacon-terraforming related items you should compare your last wallet-log before and after that patch. the reimbursement itself wont show up since it was no transaction tracked by the game (which is the worst IMHO)

It says EXISTING, we are talking about the ones used up for terraforming on the old gammas.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

It says EXISTING, we are talking about the ones used up for terraforming on the old gammas.

thats either insider knowledge of you, or interpretation. the initial post is not that specific.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

thats either insider knowledge of you, or interpretation. the initial post is not that specific.

In my book, existing and used up charges don't mean the same thing, actually more the opposite, so hope Zoom can clarify this. smile

RIP PERPETUUM

10 (edited by Annihilator 2014-09-29 17:08:56)

well
when you consider, that under the CURRENT gamma mechanics, terraforming is not an everlasting change of the terrain,
the old structures would have been reverted by now anyway.
Those who have used the terraforming charges back then, also have benefitted from it for the time the old system was up.
Asking for reimbursements is a valid thing - but its also up to the DEVs to decide if the work they have to put in to reimburse it, after setting up some rules and conditions, is actually worth it.

If you think, they HAVE to do this, then you should also think about examples like the broken orange NPC aggro on follow bots. Do they now need to remove all and everything from the game that was generated by "exploiting" this now different game mechanic?

edit:
I haven't got my "Interference beacon extension" reimbursed either, after CRM decided that its bad that i can use it to shoot walls. And now, after we can shoot walls, they didn't revert the stupid LoS restriction either.

That was a reimbursement due to the item/mechanic changes.

What you're talking about here is this:

Reimbursing terraforming is the tricky part. There is simply no way to know how much or where an individual character or a corporation has terraformed. Pretty much the only thing we are able to do is a fair approximation based on gamma activity. So the plan is to check which corporations ever had a gamma terminal in the past (counted up until today, to avoid abuse), and we’ll give out a package of terraforming charges for each terminal they have ever placed.

However, we still need to figure out two things:
1. How many charges should be in that package.
2. What should we do with corporations that have been closed since.

Suggestions welcome.

Annihilator wrote:

well
when you consider, that under the CURRENT gamma mechanics, terraforming is not an everlasting change of the terrain,
the old structures would have been reverted by now anyway.
Those who have used the terraforming charges back then, also have benefitted from it for the time the old system was up.
Asking for reimbursements is a valid thing - but its also up to the DEVs to decide if the work they have to put in to reimburse it, after setting up some rules and conditions, is actually worth it.

If you think, they HAVE to do this, then you should also think about examples like the broken orange NPC aggro on follow bots. Do they now need to remove all and everything from the game that was generated by "exploiting" this now different game mechanic?

edit:
I haven't got my "Interference beacon extension" reimbursed either, after CRM decided that its bad that i can use it to shoot walls. And now, after we can shoot walls, they didn't revert the stupid LoS restriction either.

Regardless of reasoning not to reimburse, they said they will do it judging by the number of outpost placed. The least they can do is offer some kind explanation, as you did above.

RIP PERPETUUM

13 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-29 17:30:42)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Reimbursing terraforming is the tricky part. There is simply no way to know how much or where an individual character or a corporation has terraformed. Pretty much the only thing we are able to do is a fair approximation based on gamma activity. So the plan is to check which corporations ever had a gamma terminal in the past (counted up until today, to avoid abuse), and we’ll give out a package of terraforming charges for each terminal they have ever placed.

Suggestions welcome.

Could you get a total amount of charges used during Gamma 1.0 and distribute it equally with all accounts active during the gamma 1.0 expansion.? I know it may not seem fair for all but certainly fairer than what you have in mind.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Could you get a total amount of charges used during Gamma 1.0 and distribute it equally with all accounts active during the gamma 1.0 expansion.?

No, we don't have that kind of data.

I have a suggestion:  Cut the current terraforming prices from 3000 Nic a piece to 300 Nic a piece then send Ville 75 million Nic he already spent leveling out his current base because gamma was hastily rushed to live.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Suggestions welcome.

Since CEOs have the permissions to place Terminals, it should be reimbursed directly to them no need to worry about closed corporations. Some corps spend very little and some spent billions on gamma , so 500 million NIC for each terminal placed should suffice, that would be my call.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

I have a suggestion:  Cut the current terraforming prices from 3000 Nic a piece to 300 Nic a piece then send Ville 75 million Nic he already spent leveling out his current base because gamma was hastily rushed to live.

Ville stop crying for a measly 75million NIC.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

Suggestions welcome.

Bear in mind that a lot of island owners built bases on top of mining spots and then dismantled them afterward moving them from spot to spot. By giving charges per base built your skewing this.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Suggestions welcome.

Bear in mind that a lot of island owners built bases on top of mining spots and then dismantled them afterward moving them from spot to spot. By giving charges per base built your skewing this.

A reimbursement limit of around 2 billion per CEO should suffice.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Suggestions welcome.

I built two bases solo and so have a clear idea of the costs for me. I would say that they were around a billion each. Add in the work on Rhaoshan and teleport boxing and were talking maybe 3 bil max. I would also say that the amount of money I got back from those bases far exceeded that.

Personally i'd be happy with a flat 500m in charges for every corporation that owned a base and I would have these corporations apply for it rather than it bieng a database thing - there were a lot of alt corp bases. I think between the people around we could probably come up with a list of maybe 15 different corporations that built a base worthy of any kind of refund and i think theres probably 5 - 10 or so that are still around today.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

21 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-29 20:19:40)

Jita wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Jita wrote:

I built two bases solo and so have a clear idea of the costs for me. I would say that they were around a billion each. Add in the work on Rhaoshan and teleport boxing and were talking maybe 3 bil max. I would also say that the amount of money I got back from those bases far exceeded that.

Personally i'd be happy with a flat 500m in charges for every corporation that owned a base and I would have these corporations apply for it rather than it bieng a database thing - there were a lot of alt corp bases. I think between the people around we could probably come up with a list of maybe 15 different corporations that built a base worthy of any kind of refund and i think theres probably 5 - 10 or so that are still around today.

This sounds ok +1

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

Ville stop crying for a measly 75million NIC.

I spent 7.5 billion the first round, so you can piss off as far as I am concerned.

Ville wrote:

I spent 7.5 billion the first round

You mean you have purchased 2.5 million terraforming charges? Really?

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

I spent 7.5 billion the first round

You mean you have purchased 2.5 million terraforming charges? Really?

Probably. It takes soooo much to terraform a base that size, three teleports properly and they also did that section next to the base that was supposed to be for renters.

I would imagine server wide the cost of terraform charges bought is in the high hundreds of billions.

Pardon my skepticism, but a Symbiont would need to run 5 terraform modules 24/7 for more than 2 months to consume 2.5 million charges.