Topic: PLEASE PUSH GAMMA PATCH UNTIL THE OCT. 1st

There is too many balancing issues on the test server.  We need a minimal more of 2 weeks until these items are sorted.  Please RETHINK YOUR LAUNCH.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: PLEASE PUSH GAMMA PATCH UNTIL THE OCT. 1st

+1

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

EMERGENCY POSTPONE

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

4 (edited by Ville 2014-09-12 03:05:06)

Example 1: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/111478/#p111478

Example 2: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/111479/#p111479

Example 3: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … le-attack/

Think of the steamlings!

CIR Complaint Form

Ville wrote:

There is too many balancing issues on the test server.  We need a minimal more of 2 weeks until these items are sorted.  Please RETHINK YOUR LAUNCH.

A good bit of those are already fixed, we just need to update the test server (probably today). The rest can be either dealt with until next week or are not that important that would impede the patch.

But we need to test the fixes for the bugs too, and the hotfixes for the broken fixes!

Cmon 2 weeks

CIR Complaint Form

I can't help but think that there is some hidden agenda here.

No, No Dev Zoom.  We need more time.  I seriously don't think that launching it on the 17th will be good for you!  Please push the Patch two weeks.  And add a little more content with the patch.  Please!

While I want gamma back ASAP.

But I have to agree more time is needed to get this right this time. I know you are looking at doing a push to production and then 4 days later opening up gamma.

But I am wondering if this is the best move. I think more testing needs to be done with all the islands and other updates on the test server.

Stress testing needs to be done with the speed change and everything needs to be on the test server before going to production.

IMHO.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

+1

Gremrod wrote:

But I have to agree more time is needed to get this right this time. I know you are looking at doing a push to production and then 4 days later opening up gamma.

But I am wondering if this is the best move. I think more testing needs to be done with all the islands and other updates on the test server.

Stress testing needs to be done with the speed change and everything needs to be on the test server before going to production.

IMHO.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

This

CIR Complaint Form

For Alaskans this is a great opportunity to get in on the game.  Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend is supposed to be around $1900.00 US this year.

This would make a great game for other Alaskans to buy for their Steam friends!!

Waiting until after October 1st or even the 10th will help facilitate this inevitable Alaskan influx of interested gamers!!

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

Gremrod wrote:

IMHO.

Right!  This is what we are discussing on teamspeak right now.  We need LIVE gamma on the test server to see if its possible to exploit any mechanics and fixing any bug thingys.  This is crucial!  Please do not wipe Gamma again!!

15 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-09-12 03:47:39)

"I'm too lazy to explain my opinion in a meaningful way"

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

+1

but no....I kind of do agree with this, no motives or anything as zoom suggests.

lets be honest here....the only reason gamma is coming back...is because it wasn't really tested, and from what I can tell, those who gave the best feedback were ignored.

I would kind of like to see gamma, as its to be launched on live, in every single way, stuck up on the test server so people can break its features without causing issues on the live server.

Id rather gamma stay in test phase until done RIGHT...and not right in theory but tested by the people who will break it (if possible) on live.

Look, we all know if something is going to get broken, its will be by one of us....and then everyone will cry when perkill gets spammed with arkhe kills or whatever.  then the devs will do some knee jerk patch that fixes the issue but makes the game less fun overall ect.

Lets do our due diligence this time around.  For instance, I love the look of the new islands, but what if that design makes it easier to abuse than past islands....no one knows how it will play out, and I think we should find out any surprises before its live.

or *** it, launch it, any surprises will probably benefit us as in the past.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

18 (edited by Inda 2014-09-12 08:07:26)

+1

If you can WAIT ! We would need more testing.

- Energy wall is too quickly deplate the fields (or at least we would think a bit)
- speed increase could cause some unexpected issues
- Gamma sieges, Fortress balancing need in real testing
- ...more unexpoected issues...

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Goddamn it zoom listen for once in your life

CIR Complaint Form

hmm, gamma patch next week,
official release four weeks later.

whats wrong?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

hmm, gamma patch next week,
official release four weeks later.

whats wrong?

RIGHT, makes no sense, the #1 complaint from newbies was 0 PVE.  If you launch on Steam with 0 PVE.  You can going to curb the next influx of newbies into the game!  Please for the love GOD, don't do it!  Get your PVE in first then release on Steam AND give us time to test the working Gamma on the Test server before pushing it through live!

22 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-12 14:15:27)

Get gamma over and done with already! We need PVE done soonest possible. Might be possible they need some cash flowing in though. Not too sure about a full release yet without PVE.

RIP PERPETUUM

You can release gamma to test server, then start putting pve changes on dev server then after test server push to live server.  Same system rinse and repeat.

they released gamma on test server already month' ago.
you have been free to test it, find bugs and inconsistencies and report them and/or give constructive feedback.

it has been a release candidate since energy wells have been implemented and working, turret AI functional again.
There was lots of things to test, and they decided to up the testing playerbase - aka putting it onto the Eearly Access Server.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If thats a release candidate then LOL lol

CIR Complaint Form