Topic: helpful suggestion!

So far Here are the helpful suggestions!

From Jita

1) make station ownership a time sink so that people only own what they live in or have a direct strategic need for

2) make resources in the area of that station finite so you can't get massive amounts of people living in the same station

3) make travel distances considerable

4) make scouting and / or attacking at least as dangerous as the defensive version of the same

5) provide disincentives to pvping in large groups

Four out of five of these are broken.

Now you could 'fix' this but most of these things existed years ago and the Devs added stuff that's broken them so 'fixing' it would require them rolling back content and so far that's something they have never been big enough to do.

Some examples would be:

1) make station ownership a time sink so that people only own what they live in or have a direct strategic need for

Require you to take your own saps to maintain stability.
    Increase number of saps to four a day
    Make an offensive sap attack take double the stability

2) make resources in the area of that station finite so you can't get massive amounts of people living in the same station

Bring back static spawns on Beta
    Bring back finite materials everywhere

3) make travel distances considerable

Remove spark teleports
    Remove mobile beacons

4) make scouting and / or attacking at least as dangerous as the defensive version of the same

Remove detectors
    Add a vulnerability timer when undocking or jumping teleports
    Add a PvP zone 500m on the alpha side of beta entrances

5) provide disincentives to pvping in large groups

Increase PvP loot drop to 90% adding a modifier that reduces the drop rate dependent upon the number of people on a killmail
    Triple module material costs

No one change can alter the game, a series together is needed.

Even one spark allows you to run something in to an enemies station and then disengage. Without sparks your forced to leave a character in station if your camped in or commit an alt if you want to grief a station.

I think mobile teleports should only be around for quick jump and return to mission locations (ie given as a mission item) and the problem of getting around should be addressed by better highways and teleport networks.

If detectors stay in game I think they need to be nerves considerably in so many ways it's hardly worth keeping them.

The 500m alpha side conflict zone is to make alpha gate hugging detectors / scouts at risk. Not only are you at risk on the beta side but you can't just jump back to alpha if your a greased as they have 500m to pin you down and kill you.

The aim of the increase in mod value and drop rate is to make PvP a paying profession. Mod cost on a mk2 mech is around 40% of the cost of the hull currently. Drop rate (I think) is 30%. That means your talking about needing it win over ten fights to recoup the cost of one. Making this change would make it closer to 2.

from Maidden

Perhaps the addition of mercenaries of which any character under lets say 500,000 EP can hire, factional of course.
Have them in tiers. And can only be used against player characters.

The level of the merc would be how much you are willing to pay. As well as how many they want up to lets say 3? 100k ep+bot 1m nik.  Light bot pilot regular
200k ep+bot 5m nik   Light bot pilot elite
300 ep+bot 10m nik   Assault pilot
400 ep +bot 20m nik  mech pilot
500 ep +bot 30m nik. mech pilot elite
600 ep+bot  40 m nik.  Heavy pilot
650 EP+bot 50m nik  Heavy pilot elite
Only applicable on beta or gamma islands. If the player dies or leaves the island the merc remains a red bot on whichever isle it was left at. Killing a merc will leave no reward.

Advantages, would even out vet owned islnds. As they have to keep the isle clean of red bots. Would help significantly in pvp battles where vets have a direct advantage in a conflict.  Can be used to provide defense for low or newer corps.

Also, change the pvp mechanics to include players to be able to attack pvp flagged players on starter islands. This will allow pirating which will help the newer player base. While forcing older veteran corps to provide security if they want to move that red con scarab across a alpha.

Another idea is to allow beacons to be red con bots to all players(Including proximity aggro) rather than just the player who popped them. Make it where the player who popped the beacon can loot. While all other players get no reward for that bot.

so far only they Have reply with helpful suggestions so to anyone KEEP THEM COMING!

*edit: Removed some parts. The forum has rules already, which includes "don't act as a moderator yourself". - DEV Zoom

Re: helpful suggestion!

add more beta islands or get rid of teleport beacons not much point trying to hold a beta island from cir when then can move down take the sap and be back on there home island in less than an hour.
slow down spark teleport to be usable every 6-12 hours or so

I personally don't agree with making travel times take longer, at all. In fact, that's what drove the first mass exodus from the game nearly 4 years ago.

Unfortuneatly any attempt to limit outpost ownership will be subverted by making alt corps.

The resource thing I cant really get behind because any larger force could simply camp a station and mine any resources nearby to nothingness and essentially render the station worthless.

I do agree with doing away with detectors completely. Nerf maskers a bit (~400m standard detection range for masked light). While we're at it, limit ewar mods to 2 per robot (i.e 1 demob 1 suppressor, 2 demobs, 2 ecms, etc.), and make them NOT function thru shields.

I really really like the idea of the more people on a killmail the less loot (down to zero).

But really the bottom line is, development has never been able to keep pace with the content. Content is released, a week later everyone has done everything there is to do with it cept fight over it some more.

So far as the ep differences between vets and noobs, I have completely changed my opinion, and now I think that people should be able to buy EP up to the current total since release. Purchased in increments of 10,000, 50,000, 100,000 and 500,000. This should give the devs a descent boost to income and hopefully allow them to DEVELOP *** FASTER. I don't care anymore that I spent 4 years on and off playing this game, and some wallet warrior can come in tomorrow and drive the same mech I can. At the end of the day I still have that 4 years of experience playing this game that he doesn't.

Reset each other yet?

bump