Re: Power projection

Burial wrote:

Upgraded highways and teleport network along with teleport beacons is enough for comfortable movement.

Keep it simple, stupid.

Burial wrote:

Upgraded highways and teleport network along with teleport beacons is enough for comfortable movement. Even with the cooldown, the fugly side-effects of Spark Teleportation persist. Just remove it completely and try to fix the game with a clean slate.

No need to remove, just a 24hrs cooldown will work too, just enough not to make it a 'waiting game' because you know that the next spark will only happen the next day, so you forget about it and move on with playing. Power projection is reduced. I would even block any sparks to beta a few hours before a SAP is up.

RIP PERPETUUM

53 (edited by Gremrod 2014-09-08 16:35:58)

Jelan wrote:

When Gamma comes back I would suggest that beta terminals on each island cannot be locked down or owned, it works well in EvE with low sec space, it would enable pvp corps and casual corps to have a beta presence without fear of losing their hard earned stuff

Yes I agree.

Remove the intrusion system. No more SAP loot. All outposts are open to everyone.

I believe the intrusion system was only put in because they could not get gamma in before release.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Jelan wrote:

When Gamma comes back I would suggest that beta terminals on each island cannot be locked down or owned, it works well in EvE with low sec space, it would enable pvp corps and casual corps to have a beta presence without fear of losing their hard earned stuff

Yes I agree.

Remove the intrusion system. No more SAP loot. All outposts are open to everyone.

I believe the intrusion system was only put in because they could not get gamma in before release.

I strongly agree here, open betas for all to level the playing field. After all, the ones who have a presence and defending it will 'own' the outpost.

RIP PERPETUUM

55 (edited by Burial 2014-09-08 18:15:40)

The way I see it is if something happens somewhere and the player is not there, there won't be any magical carpets available either. The player either starts moving or misses the action. With the new reinforcement mechanics, it even applies to Gammas since nothing can be destroyed initially. If someone is not there around the initial attack, he still has 3 days to get to the terminal to participate the deciding timer fight.

Improved movement mechanics need to be implemented throughout the game one way or the other. If gimped Spark Teleports will be used as a pretense against implementing them, it's a problem.

* One timer fight deciding the faith of billions worth of assets is another issue.

Does Zoom have any feedback on the initial question - what if any checks and balances prevent a single entity from having three gammas on every island blocking gammas use by anyone else?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

What mechanics are built in to the system to prevent any entity from placing three bases on each of the new three islands on release and then responding to reinforce timers?

The station limitation makes base capping all of gamma competitively easy. Drip feeding in gammas three at a time is going to make it even easier.

Not sure the title fits the OP ...but I also agree that the base cap thing is a mistake. There must be other ways to limit base sprawl. I've mentioned limiting the size of these painted zones, others have had fair ideas as well.

As for the turn this thread has taken on opening beta outposts. Just no.

Was it not a huge topic issue with Intrusion 1.0 that people were able to go into enemy bases? I realize there is MASSIVE *** ISSUE with the current mechanic permitting Dominant Power to monopolize all the outposts, but opening them up to all is not the best solution.

Reopening Gamma, putting at least more Beta limits on Sparks (or eliminate completely from Beta, thus Sparks Alpha/Gamma only), and re-working Inter-zone TP mechanics are the places to start. Perhaps make IZ TP only go to Alpha and Gamma as well (with ability to deploy on Beta).

There has to be significant obstacles to being all places quickly. Once that is the case Dominant Powers will be hard pressed to motivate players to criss-cross the map for the marginal benefit of owning bases no one uses.

Sparking to other games

beta outpost just need an activity that only those who "life" there can do.
this activity needs to be seperated from the capture mechanic.

IMHO its fail to have only one mechanic for rasing and lowering an outposts "stability" - and that one mechanic is predictable and carefully timed to not happen on multiple places at the same time.

btw, what would happen if the outpost stability would only raise if the outpost owner loots the SAP ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

beta outpost just need an activity that only those who "life" there can do.
this activity needs to be seperated from the capture mechanic.

IMHO its fail to have only one mechanic for rasing and lowering an outposts "stability" - and that one mechanic is predictable and carefully timed to not happen on multiple places at the same time.

btw, what would happen if the outpost stability would only raise if the outpost owner loots the SAP ?

I think your hitting on something there...

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Jita wrote:

What mechanics are built in to the system to prevent any entity from placing three bases on each of the new three islands on release and then responding to reinforce timers?

The station limitation makes base capping all of gamma competitively easy. Drip feeding in gammas three at a time is going to make it even easier.

Is this even a concern because it *** should be?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Jita wrote:

I think it isnt after spark teleporting was disabled and gamma is released at a time where someone wants to play a different game release.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

62 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-13 19:00:53)

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Jita wrote:

I think it isnt after spark teleporting was disabled and gamma is released at a time where someone wants to play a different game release.

Huh? Sparks disabled? Playing a different game? What are you talking about? Wait ...don't answer.

------

I still think the base cap is stupid and lazy idea. Base cap exploitation was bad enough with 10. With 3 it will be a breeze to lock down an island.

Anyone who does not lock down islands with 3 bases is a total FOOL.

I can already read the forum QQ about ~exploits~ and ~bad behavior~ as some of our favorite names blame players for using mechanics to there advantage rather than play Perpetuum Philanthropy with kitty gloves and free tea.

Sparking to other games

at least you can make sure that noone else is building a gamma base, that you would need to attack to get PvP.