Topic: Energy Well / Geoscanner

please:
-bring back Area scans, but display the result like unversal charge,
as a total number of that resource in that scanned area, not an useless % that noone can work with
- make energy well geoscans visible on Colony Managament Screen
- put an automatic area scan on the energy well info display on CMS
- make the deposits bigger, so not the whole deposit is depleted by a single well within the given time

tbc.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Energy Well / Geoscanner

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Annihilator wrote:

- make the deposits bigger, so not the whole deposit is depleted by a single well within the given time

Reason?

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Reason?

it reduces the number of command relays on terrain for a more energy hungry base. Do you want us to plaster the islands with a grid of inactive command relays that are only set online if an energy resource spaws in its range?
or do you expect the most prominent gamma islands activity to be constructing and deconstructing those mining towers and command relays everytime a deposit vanishes?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

It depends what would you like better. If one well could only cover a part of a field, then there would be small leftover patches all the time where it wouldn't be efficient to build a well.

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Reason?

it reduces the number of command relays on terrain for a more energy hungry base. Do you want us to plaster the islands with a grid of inactive command relays that are only set online if an energy resource spaws in its range?
or do you expect the most prominent gamma islands activity to be constructing and deconstructing those mining towers and command relays everytime a deposit vanishes?

I have to agree with Anni, command relays are going to be spammed island wide on defended islands and will only be put online to move the wells.  I was thinking that exact same thing two nights ago.. Lol weird.

DEV Zoom wrote:

It depends what would you like better. If one well could only cover a part of a field, then there would be small leftover patches all the time where it wouldn't be efficient to build a well.

I get what annis saying, once you have a base up and running, your going to then spend 95% of your time on gamma moving the wells.  In the unlimited bandwidth setup, people built layers, why?  Because building a base and bunkers and fortresses was fun.  Now its going to be adverse effects.  Once one island has a base has maximized its bandwidth then players will find themselves micromanaging their walls(just kidding, no they won't) or their wells if they are masochists.

DEV Zoom wrote:

just a hint - there will be leftovers even with the small fields. when i see the well dropping its power output below 1000 and my base needs more then that, i will try to move it. whats left, is a small ring of low yield tiles that need to be cleansed by the server. whats the difference?

I think you will rarely get to see the exact moment when a field depletes completely, it's basically one last (30 second) cycle that won't give max output.

i had my energy well running on low output for several days...

11 (edited by Celebro 2014-08-28 13:20:59)

I really think energy wells would be better suited if they are not part of the network or construction constraints in place, but on the downside you would need to haul the energy to your base.

Edit: They should be light and cheap enough to construct and move around easily too, and belong on a separate network of wells where the more you place the more effective their energy extraction.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I really think energy wells would be better suited if they are not part of the network or construction constraints in place, but on the downside you would need to haul the energy to your base.

Edit: They should be light and cheap enough to construct and move around easily too, and belong on a separate network of wells where the more you place the more effective their energy extraction.

I strongly agree. I don't know why they cant just add in a new structure using the same model as the command relay but with an infinite range that only connects to the energy wells. You could then put it in your base and connect it anywhere without stupid long command relay chains over an island.

I'm dev zoom and I delete posts because they don't agree with my development!

I delete them because you are derailing the topic and you're not reading private messages where I explain this to you.

Do you know where PMs are Gwyndor?

there are pms? black magic

Its beside new posts, active posts.  They should make it a *** TON BIGGER MISTER FORUM MODERATOR!