Topic: Request QoL for research tree

Some small features would make my life more enjoyable:

-A cap on kernals, so once you no longer need kernals of that race it no longer lets you research them.
--Personal and corporate level.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Request QoL for research tree

That would assume that we won't get any new technology, ever. (Yeah, feel free to make jokes about this.)

DEV Zoom wrote:

That would assume that we won't get any new technology, ever. (Yeah, feel free to make jokes about this.)

New tech would need new kernels if not vet will unlock straight away. Thats what I thought the plan was anyways.

RIP PERPETUUM

increase the cap when you put in new technology

Industrial Junkie

Well that means it will stop players from hoarding large amounts of rp for nee technology.  Could just horde the kernals, but most would be typically just sold.

I was also going to suggest a cross faction converter like 4 numiquol to convert to 1 theolidical.  But figured it would be instantly shot down.

Why would it get shot down? It's not a bad idea really. I would prefer a refund system and the ability to refine kernels in to plasma but meh

Ok, but what if a character has reached the limit, but wants to donate RP to his corp? Ask someone else to research them? Coupled with the fact that people can hoard the kernels too, this sounds a bit too much hassle with questionable benefits.

Well the idea of researching them yourself and then donating them to corp is awful anyway. You should have two right click options, research yourself or research for corp.

Tonnik wrote:

Well the idea of researching them yourself and then donating them to corp is awful anyway. You should have two right click options, research yourself or research for corp.

you donate to corp what you don't need anymore.

whats actually missing, is an option to extract research points back into kernels so you can sell excess on the market, or donate it to a pet corp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

10 (edited by Celebro 2014-08-08 23:29:35)

Maybe a cap for unspent research to decrease over time and kernals start disappearing for storage: lol

RIP PERPETUUM

Yes right research for corp would be awesome.  What happens right now it the corp research has tons of unspent factional that they don't need.  I'd like to do something with.

12 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-08-08 23:36:17)

For once I have to agree with Zoom. This idea Seems kinda pointless.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I just had to hard calculate how many of each kernel I needed in each section

14 (edited by Burial 2014-08-09 10:11:58)

Ville wrote:

I just had to hard calculate how many of each kernel I needed in each section

Game should not be balanced around simple people.

see them as investment for future new text to research. if i remember correctly, you will only need new "high-tech" kernels then, and existing high-tech kernesl will be downgraded

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear