Re: Stop wasting resources and time on gamma

Minecraft server back online and running, login to TS to get details.  PVP server to come.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

77 (edited by Aye Pod 2014-08-21 00:11:03)

Cassius wrote:

Aye Pod, my personal criticism of this game revolves around the handling of Gamma and it's future. This is not a new player issue. Nor has any of your factions actions affected my decision not to play. I was a vet and used to how you play. It's the newer players that are affected most.

???

But seriously life must not be THAT fun cause here you still are, making more posts about not playing.

*Edited for kindness

Cassius wrote:

Thanks for confirming my point. That was quicker than expected.
Syndic I realize with you being ESL you may not understand the difference between your members conduct being good for the game as opposed to your members conduct being acceptable to you. But we both know you know the difference.

Aye Pod, my personal criticism of this game revolves around the handling of Gamma and it's future. This is not a new player issue. Nor has any of your factions actions affected my decision not to play. I was a vet and used to how you play. It's the newer players that are affected most.

Rex, sorry do you feel left out I didn't include you on the list of most detrimental? Truth is yours and the likes of Strangers trolls are not that good and thus don't deserve attention.

The bottom line is there are many things wrong with this game. And when the dust settles and the autopsy is done your faction will have been part of the problem.

My member conduct has been very good for the game.

Cyberdown - otherwise known as Stranger Danger - spent many hours on the Steam forums answering questions, promoting the game, and doing his best to correctly inform people on what kind of a game they're thinking of purchasing.

Ville spent 4+ hours weekly walking newbie players through the fundamentals of PVP, PVE, wallet management, and industry on scheduled group-operations.

Many of my members (especially Obi Wan, GLiMPSE, Weedy and Lemon) spent countless hours of their valuable time posting on various 3rd party forums to attract players to Perpetuum, and directly talking to the leadership large multigaming organizations to entice them into playing the game.

Every time a new player asked a question, our people were there answering questions.

And that's just touching the tip of the iceberg of our recruiting campaign. Looking in retrospect, I'd say we've volunteered FAR too much of our valuable gaming time then Zoom and his game deserve.

The bottom line is that Perpetuum as a game belongs in 2003-2004, as it's currently on par with what EVE was at release. We as players cannot change that.

We did try giving feedback to improve the game. None of it even got acknowledged, nevermind a well deserved "thank-you". Gamma went from "everything is on the table" to "we're doing this our way!". If you spent any time on the test server, you know how broken it is.

So there is no "taking responsibility" on our part. We helped far more then should even be expected from players, the responsibility solely rests on the Developers.

Every player in Perpetuum, is a player playing a game. We are not investors, developers, co-creators, we are just players. Playing the game is where our responsibility ends.

Remember that when you're "performing the autopsy".

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Ok, now that was funny. Gj Syndic. big_smile

Aye Pod wrote:
Cassius wrote:

???

But seriously life must not be THAT fun cause here you still are, making more posts about not playing.

*Edited for kindness

You act like people dont have time to post to a forum while at work. haha

Serpens wrote:
Aye Pod wrote:
Cassius wrote:

???

*Edited for kindness

You act like people dont have time to post to a forum while at work. haha

Community Service points, .25 CEUs.

Today's educational enrichment services will be on: "The art of Trolling".

Historical background:  Trolling has been around for many years.  In its earliest form can be predated to your parents.

Father to Son:  Pull my finger.  Son pulls finger.  Father farts loudly.  The son was trolled.
More examples:
A woman at a party to a strange man.  The woman, " I'm 18."
The strange man is trolled and now has sexual assault charges for the *** of a 15 yr old.
Boyfriend to Girlfriend:  It really does whiten your teeth!
The girlfriend is trolled.

In context to this post:  Serpens follows his post by "haha".  This is a sign of poor trolling practices.  Most common by people who make terrible jokes at work and have to subtly laugh to inform his coworkers the joke is now over.

Simplistic approaches are quite funny.  By simply removing the haha makes the troll post increase from 2/10 to 5/10.

This concludes our learning seminar for now.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

It seems this topic has been exhausted.