Topic: Help with Training Arifact

Either I'm doing it wrong or the quest is bugged. I must have dropped 100 of those scan charges and get a different reading every time regardless of where I am. after about charge number 70 I just stayed in one place and dropped 3 charges and got 3 different readings.

Any input would be helpful

Re: Help with Training Arifact

I took several days on my first attempt, now I don't do those missions ... my sanity is now recovering. smile

Tarsas wrote:

Either I'm doing it wrong or the quest is bugged. I must have dropped 100 of those scan charges and get a different reading every time regardless of where I am. after about charge number 70 I just stayed in one place and dropped 3 charges and got 3 different readings.

Any input would be helpful

It tells you its near a building that spins. Go to the location and look around you. A few hundred metres away there is a building group one of which has a spinning top section. The artifact is around there.

Or you can just use basic triangulation ...

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

You get different numbers because your skills are bad, if you look at the geoscanning modules you get a number that tell you how accurate the scan is. With low skill you need more luck than anything.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

is you accracy to low?

There are 3 triangulation programs out there.  Could we get it added to the client?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

There are 3 triangulation programs out there.  Could we get it added to the client?

different suggestion: can we get the source code of the foom tool beeing sent in clear text to gargaj so he doesn't need to figure out the code himself?

that would cut the implementation time wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

different suggestion: can we get the source code of the foom tool beeing sent in clear text to gargaj so he doesn't need to figure out the code himself?

that would cut the implementation time wink

Doek's is the best by miles.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

Doek's is the best by miles.

where can i put in my scanner accuracy on Doek's page? 
For me Doek's is only superiour because its easier to track multiple results,
but an ingame implementation would do that by default (and even better since it could differ between two of the same type)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Yes it seems a bit silly we are controlling these advanced bots from billions miles away but they have no GPS installed or site locations tracking?

COME ON DEVS, I COULD DO BETTER! You guys have had how many years to make Perp better. Game is supposed to be FUN to PLAY not CHORE to play.

Toku wrote:

Yes it seems a bit silly we are controlling these advanced bots from billions miles away but they have no GPS installed or site locations tracking?

COME ON DEVS, I COULD DO BETTER! You guys have had how many years to make Perp better. Game is supposed to be FUN to PLAY not CHORE to play.

there is probably the fine line to make artifacting not to easy for the masses to not turn it into the next money printing mechanic (well, a little bit coding should already be able to do automatic artifact scanning on alpha)