1 (edited by Jita 2014-07-08 10:56:48)

Topic: a + 1 thread

when you try and do + 1 with no space you get

+1

This is awesome and we should do more of it.

Perhaps the profanity filter should automatically transpose words. One of them beginning with C should most definitely turn in to 'Justin Bieber'

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

2 (edited by Tamas Vitez 2014-07-08 10:58:20)

Re: a + 1 thread

I think its just a joke from the forum admin smile

btw, - 1 works the same way

Industrial Junkie

Its awesome. Features will actually require posts! add more of these and you may be able to actually change the tone of the forums completely.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Huh, and I thought it's some kind of meme that I didn't understand...

+ 1 for the idea of "more of that"

It makes the forum more enjoyable.
Although, people usually only "+ 1", if they just agree with the arguments already mentioned... maybe an up-/down-vote system? ... nope, that will be heavily abused by the CIR/77/JOKE/CONS hate for each other.

Kim Cho wrote:

Huh, and I thought it's some kind of meme that I didn't understand...

+ 1 for the idea of "more of that"

It makes the forum more enjoyable.
Although, people usually only "+ 1", if they just agree with the arguments already mentioned... maybe an up-/down-vote system? ... nope, that will be heavily abused by the CIR/77/JOKE/CONS hate for each other.

Hello!  Player Kim Cho!

Dear player, I wish to inform you that there is no hate.  This is a hate free zone.  The players in the fore mentioned corps are merely playing a game in which rivalry and struggle is a part of it!  I wish you good will and luck in the future.  Also player Kim Cho did you try out those solo farming fits yet?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Hello Player Ville !

it makes me realy happy to hear this splendid news player Ville, this must mean that you do not hate me annymore ! and that your griefing words that you typed a few weeks ago on this forum that seriously ehurt my feelings where but a mere mistake !

its good to see that you player Ville have changed so much!

i wish you good and save travels on Nia!

+1
Excellent feature.

Kim Cho wrote:

will be heavily abused by the CIR/77/JOKE/CONS hate for each other.

Some people think the whole forum is corp dialogue. They do polls sometimes and I know that people use all of their characters on all of their accounts to try and sway results. They think the forums are a metagame.

Ville wrote:

Hello!  Player Kim Cho!

Dear player, I wish to inform you that there is no hate.  This is a hate free zone.  The players in the fore mentioned corps are merely playing a game in which rivalry and struggle is a part of it!  I wish you good will and luck in the future.  Also player Kim Cho did you try out those solo farming fits yet?

Dear Mr. Ville,

While I truly wish to be able to believe what you tell me, I have read this forum for the past 2 weeks and gotten a strong feeling that in many discussions our struggles with each other in the game play just as big a role on the forums. Just a feeling, however, no proof.

Sadly, I didn't have the chance to try them out yet, since I currently have a major connection problem, about which I already made a post in the Bugs section of this forum. As soon as this issue is sorted out, I will test your kindly provided fittings as soon as possible.

Good luck to you too, and I am looking forward to reading from you again soon!

Best regards,

Kim

Wait i thought this was CIRs forum.....

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+1

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

12 (edited by Celebro 2014-07-08 15:00:07)

Jita wrote:

They think the forums are a metagame.

Actually they are. smile

RIP PERPETUUM

ChernoChiel wrote:

Hello Player Ville !

it makes me realy happy to hear this splendid news player Ville, this must mean that you do not hate me annymore ! and that your griefing words that you typed a few weeks ago on this forum that seriously ehurt my feelings where but a mere mistake !

Dear Player Cherno.
There is no hate towards you, never was.  I merely find you to be more annoying than any other player I have encountered in my perpetuum career.  With that said I just keep imaging you, Tamas, Jita and Lucian in the same team speak channel and giggle to myself waiting for the ticking time bomb. 

I hope all is well, good luck in your future endeavors.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

14 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-08 16:42:04)

The + and - posts serve a fair purpose. By default they are meaningful in that they either agree or disagree with another post that expresses an opinion.

This forum is in desperate need of more moderation. But this change looks more like devs being too lazy to approach moderation in a meaningful way.

If it's not an administrator joke it's a real joke.

Sparking to other games

Ville wrote:
ChernoChiel wrote:

Hello Player Ville !

Dear Player Cherno.
There is no hate towards you, never was.  I merely find you to be more annoying than any other player I have encountered in my perpetuum career.  With that said I just keep imaging you, Tamas, Jita and Lucian in the same team speak channel and giggle to myself waiting for the ticking time bomb. 

I hope all is well, good luck in your future endeavors.

They're getting along like champs. Jita and Lucian shared a room and kissed and made up, heavy mk2's were ganked and all is right with the world.

16 (edited by ChernoChiel 2014-07-08 19:14:11)

Rex Amelius wrote:

The + and - posts serve a fair purpose. By default they are meaningful in that they either agree or disagree with another post that expresses an opinion.

This forum is in desperate need of more moderation. But this change looks more like devs being too lazy to approach moderation in a meaningful way.

+ 1

other forums have + 1 or "like"  buttons under each post.

but then, i don't understand the hostility against "dislike" buttons i have seen at the firefall forums.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

other forums have + 1 or "like"  buttons under each post.

but then, i don't understand the hostility against "dislike" buttons i have seen at the firefall forums.

If the + and - thing is such an annoyance to Devs then by all mean implement something such as Anni just suggested. And/or give OP the ability to insert Polls into posts. This way rather than littering the forum with + and - posts players can still give a 'vote' on the opinions of others.

Sparking to other games

+69

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

Add reputation system for the ultimate +- circle jerk

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

21 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-07-09 13:22:40)

ChernoChiel wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

+ 1

I - 1 your + 1 But still want to - 1 the OP

Also + 1 for + 1-ing

edited: TO SCREW WITH THE MAN!

@ Zoom tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

circumventing forums mechanics

ChernoChiel wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

+ 1

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Blackout wrote:

circumventing forums mechanics

ChernoChiel wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

+ 1

lol

this is my favorite thread

PLUS 1

плюс 1

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu