Topic: Patch notes - 2014-07-02

We had a small client-only patch today which brings native Twitch video streaming, an automatic module grouping feature, and a few smaller fixes.

The detailed patch notes are here:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-07-02

Re: Patch notes - 2014-07-02

Also, the trace feature made its return in today's patch, so anyone who has lag or connection problems is encouraged to do this:

DEV Gargaj wrote:

We added a diagnostic feature in the client that can help us find out where the network congestions are:

1. Open the console (`/~ key by default, can be reassigned in the keyboard settings)
2. Enter openprofiler to open the debug window.
3. Select the tab "traceroute".
4. Press the TRACE button and wait until the process finishes. (It will say "Statistics sent." once it finished.)

What this will do is perform a standard ICMP traceroute and send the data to our server, after which the server will do the same internally to get statistic data from both routes.

Hopefully this will highlight where the failing routers are.

tested the twitch streaming and couldn't get a stable stream. it would always stream a few seconds, then break again.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

tested the twitch streaming and couldn't get a stable stream. it would always stream a few seconds, then break again.

Had that too at first, then I reduced the video bitrate and that solved it. Or select another ingest server.

New: Your equipped chassis modules are now automatically assigned into groups if they are of the same type. The numbers of the assigned groups are shown in the top right corner of the module buttons. Pressing the hotkey for a module group will activate/deactivate them all. The default hotkey is ctrl+number, you can change this under Options/Keyboard.

Hmm when I read this, I thought I could group e.g. a missile launcher to group 1, then another missile launcher to group 2, but this is not the case ?   if so, how do you do this ?  I cannot find anything in the keyboard options except that you can toggle group to a key, but not to assign a weapon to a group.

Twiz: the keyword is automatic grouping. You can't manually group modules, the game does it for you by grouping together modules of the same type.

Aww, somehow I read that differently.  I was hoping to be able to assign weapons individually to a group, e.g. 2 missile launchers to group 1, then another 2 missile launchers to group 2 etc.  Ah well, thanks for the headsup.

Would it be possible to set it manually too? Could be a nice feature too.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

btw, +1 to gargs twitch console responses wink

next upgrade will be a recording status, right? (even thought the chat is already an indicator)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

There's a red dot at the bottom right if you're streaming.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

somethinig in the patch is conflicting with my linux OS, not sure what it might be.  I put a ticket up and also a forum post, but so far I seem to eb the only one with a problem I guess

Can we get some way to turn off the annoying looking 1s on all my modules now? I cant think of a midslot item Id not use with the alphastrike button, but want a second grouping button for.

Tund Bungler wrote:

Can we get some way to turn off the annoying looking 1s on all my modules now? I cant think of a midslot item Id not use with the alphastrike button, but want a second grouping button for.

Indeed, a checkbox to turn it off would be very good.

Actually I figured it out. This is for Missile Launcher Kains isnt it?

weapon groupoing was implemented that poorly, it doesn't even differ between short and long range versions of a module, neither different tiers.

i would have expected 3 weapon groups on my kain sad

Annihilator wrote:

weapon groupoing was implemented that poorly, it doesn't even differ between short and long range versions of a module, neither different tiers.

i would have expected 3 weapon groups on my kain sad

Because... You don't know how to fit one properly?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!