Re: Beacon activation and ownership

most of the posters in this thread are trying to derail the topic and sneak in their own agenda how they think this game should be played.

My feature request is simple: make the person who deploys the beacon the only person who can active the beacon. If more players are needed, make only squad members able to help activate it.

There is no mention of loot cans or any other in-game mechanics.

I would ask the devs to provide a reason why it works the way it works now and what is preventing us to make this change (if there is any).

Thank you

Industrial Junkie

There should be consequences from player action on alpha. If you want to grief/steal change it so you need to flag up.

Give players an option to retaliate. If they choose not to , well that's their choice.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

There should be consequences from player action on alpha. If you want to grief/steal change it so you need to flag up.

Give players an option to retaliate. If they choose not to , well that's their choice.

This ^^^

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Making beacons only deployable on Beta/Gamma would achieve that as both parties would be able to engage and retaliate.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Making beacons only deployable on Beta/Gamma would achieve that as both parties would be able to engage and retaliate.

You have a good point here. I like this too.

Gremrod wrote:
Syndic wrote:

You have a good point here. I like this too.

Nerf alpha, that's your best solution ?

Industrial Junkie

Everyone wants their cake and eat it too.  Players do not want to work for it anymore.  Its that way in real life too, why should gaming be any different!?If players think outside of the box and get rewarded for it, cheers to them!  Call me old fashioned I quess.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

Game is suffering enough from lack of content , specially for vets. Removing content from a huge part of the game is not the solution for beta nor alpha.

RIP PERPETUUM

34 (edited by Gremrod 2014-07-01 16:30:18)

Celebro wrote:

Game is suffering enough from lack of content , specially for vets. Removing content from a huge part of the game is not the solution for beta nor alpha.

I would say nerf alpha beacons and boost them on beta and gamma.

And leave this bit in on alpha.

Celebro wrote:

This made me think about making 3-stripe beacons beta/gamma deployable only, as that would bring it in line with NPC availability from normal spawns.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This made me think about making 3-stripe beacons beta/gamma deployable only, as that would bring it in line with NPC availability from normal spawns.

That is a start in the right direction.

37 (edited by Disturbance 2014-07-01 17:05:03)

DEV Zoom wrote:

You could but you get more money from level 1 mech beacons anyways.

Moderated. - DEV Zoom

Gremrod wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

We are again off topic sad
This is not about beacon availability, it is about beacon activation mechanic.

Industrial Junkie

1 star alpha + gamma
2 star beta + gamma
3 star gamma

CIR Complaint Form

Tamas Vitez wrote:

most of the posters in this thread are trying to derail the topic and sneak in their own agenda how they think this game should be played.

My feature request is simple: make the person who deploys the beacon the only person who can active the beacon. If more players are needed, make only squad members able to help activate it.

There is no mention of loot cans or any other in-game mechanics.

I would ask the devs to provide a reason why it works the way it works now and what is preventing us to make this change (if there is any).

Thank you

Player Tamas:  thank you for the clarification!

Oh my!  It seems players are able to hijack goods you worked so hard for!!!  These mechanics shouldn't be allowed to exist in a full loot pvp sandbox mmo!!  This mechanic is destroying the ability for players to do exactly what they want to do when they want to do it!!  This destroys the single player aspect by making players have to hide to do simple tasks!  This is terrible player Tamas!  I hope you get an answer soon, you will be in my thoughts.  Take care player Tamas and good luck!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Tamas Vitez wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

We are again off topic sad
This is not about beacon availability, it is about beacon activation mechanic.

DEV Zoom said the activation of beacons are working as intended. You must find a safe place to do them and not rely on any lines of code or mechanic changes.

Tamas: sorry to derail your topic. But it seems to me that the people who would gain the most from your suggestion are the heavy-duty moneyprinting botters/isboxers/etc. This little "inconvenience" that you have to make sure you're alone when you deploy your beacons means at least some form of risk for them when trying to do them at some optimal location close to a base.

If beacons were only able to be deployed on beta/gamma, the heavy-duty moneyprinting botters/isboxers/etc would be relegated to the 4th Star heavy mech spawns popularly known as "ball & chains" on the Alpha 2 islands.

There would always be the alternative to do it on beta/gamma, where there would be tangible risk & reward.

CIR Complaint Form

So now it's my turn to say that completely removing beacons from alpha would be a "knee-jerk a-bomb sized nerf"?

45 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-01 18:22:46)

It would be a nuke-sized nerf to the heavy-duty mone3yprinting botters/isboxers doing it in perfect safety on Alpha.

There's no risk vs reward, only reward.

It's faster to do beacons on Alpha without explosion damage, since on Beta you have to be extra-careful to loot and drag NPCs away from containers.

On Alpha you just turn the macro on while watching a show, no different to mining HDT or Liquizit.

Zero effort, maximum reward.

CIR Complaint Form

with this logic we should remove mining on alpha too, because there is no risk just reward

yeah right....

Industrial Junkie

No we should bring back red NPC's to Alpha, so the afk macro miners risk getting blown up by something when they leave their scarabs on HDT/Liquizit fields overnight.

CIR Complaint Form

48 (edited by Tamas Vitez 2014-07-01 18:38:14)

you know what Zoom ? remove them from alpha, not because thats a money printing activity, but because Syndic says so and he is the voice of this gaming community.

I will let you in on a 'secret', farming the rank 4 spawn on Hersh/Tele gives more plasma and NIC per hour then the beacons per player, and you dont even have to buy the beacons for it. Ppl do beacons because thats the only real grp activity on alpha. Take that away, please

PS. I guess then next thing will be the removal of rank 4 spawns on alpha

Industrial Junkie

Of course CIR/PHM/77 would like to see distress beacons become beta/gamma only, LOOK WHO PRESENTLY OWNS ALL OF THE BETA ISLANDS!  They are constantly pushing their own agenda, instead of trying to make the game better.

50 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-01 18:41:46)

nahh, not removal...
just increase their respawn timer to 5minutes instead 30 seconds on those high rank npcs, so newer player have chance doing them with lower tier equip and extensions.

DeathPaw wrote:

Of course CIR/PHM/77 would like to see distress beacons become beta/gamma only, LOOK WHO PRESENTLY OWNS ALL OF THE BETA ISLANDS!  They are constantly pushing their own agenda, instead of trying to make the game better.

nooo, don't suspect them of ulterior motives... don't fall down to that level!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear