Re: Spark Teleport

even if you don't say or write it - they can feel your intention. they can see exactly that your post is just for your own selfish short term goal. you haven't thought this throug for the future when the game is populated by 2k active player online 24/7, when there are hundreds of contested islands.
You don't bring the experience of countless hours of planning and executing mining operations, infiltration and monitoring of enemy chats and teamspeak communication.
You don't bring the experience of years of using the ingame mechanics in practice to fight your opponent, and you dare to ask for a direct nerf of their convinience, wether they use it in their tactics or not, you intention is clear as wodka to them.

Don't forget to nerf ERP!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I don't understand what increasing server pop would do to balance spark teleport. Increasing playable area might help but increasing player base would amplify the imbalance. And btw who the hell are you annihilator?

53 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-01 02:37:08)

Gwyndor wrote:

I don't understand what increasing server pop would do to balance spark teleport. Increasing playable area might help but increasing player base would amplify the imbalance. And btw who the hell are you annihilator?

Ignore him mostly. He throws out some good nuggets now and then but mostly just a pit of bitterness, far more than the rest of us Vets.

Sparking to other games

Gwyndor wrote:

Hi Gwyndor, Thanks for taking time to make a most excellent post!  Your mastery in detecting bitter vets is currently over 9000.  I find the most efficient way to deal with said bitter vet is to remind him that Skype is only for emergency uses and ignore his posts.  Gwyndor, you are on the right track!  Keep doing what your doing and there will be day light at the end of the tunnel!  Those pesky sparks allow for massive power projection that is hindering players fun and exciting game play!  We must do something!  You should submit a ticket to the Developers.  They really value your feedback and comments and wish for you to have an amazing gaming experience. So you will buy more stuff and they make lots of money to develop new content!  Player Gwyndor have a great and fantastic day!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Gwyndor wrote:

I don't believe I have ever stated in any thread that anyone in particular is abusing the mechanic forinstant projection. It is simply a mechanic that I think shouldn't be there or if it is that it is balanced.

Where you quoted me I even stated that I don't believe it is what attributes to a successful beta occupation, it simply dissuades engagements that would otherwise have happened if not for the fear of instant projection.

Do you even read what you write?  Maybe account sharing?  Where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

Gwyndor wrote:

What I don't think is ok is being able to go from dom to hook instantly and undocking right away to gank someone who decided to engage.

Can I get a comment from 77 and/or CIR on these ideas?

Who lives in Dom?  Why would you ask our corps specifically if you weren't leveling an accusation?  It's very very clear what your intent is.  You've been crying "XYZ's not fair!!" since you set foot in this game.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

I don't believe I have ever stated in any thread that anyone in particular is abusing the mechanic forinstant projection. It is simply a mechanic that I think shouldn't be there or if it is that it is balanced.

Where you quoted me I even stated that I don't believe it is what attributes to a successful beta occupation, it simply dissuades engagements that would otherwise have happened if not for the fear of instant projection.

Do you even read what you write?  Maybe account sharing?  Where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

Gwyndor wrote:

What I don't think is ok is being able to go from dom to hook instantly and undocking right away to gank someone who decided to engage.

Can I get a comment from 77 and/or CIR on these ideas?

Who lives in Dom?  Why would you ask our corps specifically if you weren't leveling an accusation?  It's very very clear what your intent is.  You've been crying "XYZ's not fair!!" since you set foot in this game.

Player Crepitus!  First off I want to applaud your efforts at being able to pin point redundant spin within a single thread.  Your mastery of forum navigation and critical thinking must be on Level 8 or higher.  I do hope that more player will be like you and take great advantage of working mechanics in the game.  I do find the ability to get PVP in this game is much easier with spark teleportation; however, I feel with the current sparks the world feels Really small sad .  I hope that these so called "new corps" can strike out and make claim to new areas and grow!  I do look forward to seeing them progress in their everyday adventures!  I hope they will become a powerful alliance which we will have many great fights!  I hope all is well and take care. 0/

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Crepitus, the reason I ask for 77 and/or CIR to respond to my ideas for changes is simply because you are the only groups using beta other than the group I am in. I dont want it to nerf a single side or both sides at all, I really want a balance which is why I asked what your thoughts were.

If you think it is a call for a nerf then tell me you think its fine the way it is. I am not trying to point fingers for the devs to swing the nerf bat at.

Lab Geek wrote:

Crepitus, the reason I ask for 77 and/or CIR to respond to my ideas for changes is simply because you are the only groups using beta. I dont want it to nerf a single side or both sides at all, I really want a balance which is why I asked what your thoughts were.

If you think it is a call for a nerf then tell me you think its fine the way it is. I am not trying to point fingers for the devs to swing the nerf bat at.

Fixed.

As I already explained, sparks will become less convenient when Gamma comes out and people start sparking to Gamma terminals too.

Then people will use beacon highways as they did before sparks.

It will still be possible to travel from one side of the world to another in 5 minutes.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice