Topic: Missions

The goal of this thread is to brain storm mission Idea and proposed levels.  The idea is not to hash on what's wrong but to discuss different mission Ideas.
For example:

Beta:
L6 combat mission - kill superior observer.

Alpha:
L5 combat mission - place a spawn right beside exterior beta gate for Beta 1 and  2 to alpha, have to kill X number of robots. (lights and assaults)

Alpha:
L5 transport mission - delivery a small container 2 U to a supply depo in a beta island 1500 off a gate OR to a beta terminal.

Alpha:
L2 Transport mission - Alpha terminal to neighboring alpha terminal.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Missions

So much that could be said about this kind of thing but essentially missions should be like PvP. Once upon a time NPC's in this game were a challenge.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

What about lower level combat missions on beta that are - kill a specific npc?

Also, this is maybe a bit of a radical idea but what about some kind of dynamic mission reward pricing?
Each mission from each location would have a payout associated with it.
As more people do the mission (from that location) the payout would decrease.

Specifically, the payout could be a function of n/N
where 'n' is the number of times this mission was completed in the last month and 'N' is the number of completed missions of that level in the last month.

This way the total pay rate of missions of each level could be controlled but the attractiveness of a particular mission at a particular location would be balanced by a market-like system.

+1
-Confucius

certainly that would be good for balancing issues and stopping mission abuse - if it was robust enough

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

*edit: Off topic. - DEV Zoom

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

These threads for ideas for missions, not a discussion about what's wrong, I ONLY WANT MISSION IDEAS.

@zoom can you remove the derailing threads.

7 (edited by Syndic 2014-06-19 16:30:56)

Actually if the L6 mission is to kill an observer, the observer should drop considerably better loot then they normally do

P.S.

Hope your chicken coop leaks

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Level 1 mission - demob the hauler

The objective would be to go to the location of a single roaming hauler and demob it to prevent it from reaching a location by a certain time. Destroying it would fail the mission.

Level 1 mission - detect the roaming squad

The objective would be to find a roaming spawn using a detector and track them for one minute

Level 1 mission - miner assault

Find a mining spawn and kill it

Level 1 mission - Observe this!

Find an observer and break its lock with ECM five times

Level 1 mission - Ninja

Activate the mission beacon using a masker without being detected

Level 1 mission - Assault

Kill x number of y

Level 1 mission - Defence

Prevent X rata from reaching Y

The level 2 - 6 missions would be the same just iteratively harder with more defence, harder bots, bigger gangs etc.

I'd like to see rare, named Artifacts over the entire spectrum. Named Salvage to named Observer.

Jita wrote:

The objective would be to go to the location of a single roaming hauler and demob it to prevent it from reaching a location by a certain time. Destroying it would fail the mission.

The objective would be to find a roaming spawn using a detector and track them for one minute

Level 1 mission - Ninja

Kill x number of y

The level 2 - 6 missions would be the same just iteratively harder with more defence, harder bots, bigger gangs etc.

These are acualy awsome ideas!    only problem i c whit it is how to implemen them to be as awsome
Probably there are alot morre potential to this way of making missions big_smile

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:
Jita wrote:

Level 1 mission - Ninja

Kill x number of y

These are acualy awsome ideas!    only problem i c whit it is how to implemen them to be as awsome
Probably there are alot morre potential to this way of making missions big_smile

The Devs can't script ATM so the only way to do it would be to make them static spawns. This leaves them open to abuse so I would give them fast respawns and make shooting them give you a pvp flag if it's not your mission.

I would also like them to tweak the squad coding so that entering a mission puts you in a hostile squad with the rats showing you where they are on the radar and their health.

Level 3 Transport missions.....there arent any
Special missions.....should be available for every level of missions, getting progressively tougher with better loot rewards.....requires a squad to complete

I can't be arsed to type it all again so here's what I and a few others said about it after the Assignment II blog came out some time ago.

Some good ideas in there, I thought.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -thoughts/

These threads for ideas for missions, not a discussion about what's wrong, I ONLY WANT MISSION IDEAS.

@zoom can you remove the derailing threads.

L2 READ PEOPLE, and L2 FORMAT

Ville: I'm kinda confused, Ludlow's link is pretty on topic, maybe you should clarify your OP if you think otherwise.

I thought I made it very clear this topic was for strictly posting mission Ideas.  I hear people complain about missions being boring it would helpful to see what kinda type of missions would be good to add.

I want the Mission, suggested mission level, what it does, when I get home I'll update OP to add ludlows like, as he already made damn fine post.

Ville wrote:

I thought I made it very clear this topic was for strictly posting mission Ideas.  I hear people complain about missions being boring it would helpful to see what kinda type of missions would be good to add.

I want the Mission, suggested mission level, what it does, when I get home I'll update OP to add ludlows like, as he already made damn fine post.

Its not really that the missions are boring, I mean they are, but I think any form of mission is inherently boring.

Problem is when someone want to do something specific then gets the choice to degrade relation or do something they don't want to do, or are not interested in.  The mission system lost its ability to be a farming enhancement and is now a random content generator that includes things people don't want when selecting that type of mission. Im thinking artifacting in combat, scanning in the industry, ect.

Part of my lack of motivation on doing any form of mission is that I had a relatively high relation with certain factions...that was averaged out with sub npc corps that were not the role or function of those accounts, and now if I want to do missions I need to go back to alpha 1 to regrind relation. Not only that but I cant even tack on a mission when I go mining an ore I need, or farm a spawn I need...it tells me where im going and what im doing.

Im not sure people will like little mini linear quests in a game like this.  If you add those make them a separate category.  Give us some missions that enhance a preplanned farming mission, be it ore farming, mob farming, industry....oh and transport...people want drive across nia not dodge mob spawns in haulers.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Please close people can't read.