Topic: Mission system abuse

It is currently possible to mass accept transport missions and then reject them. this provides you with a load of containers. You then haul them all at once to the destination and then using the spark teleport system jump back and forth accepting a mission and completing it.

This allows you to far exceed the amount of normal income you can get from missions.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

2 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2014-06-18 09:18:45)

Re: Mission system abuse

Jita wrote:

It is currently possible ...

It always was. Holding Nauwy is still a license to print NIC and tokens. Back in the day before SPT you had to run back and forth in a cam though. One day soon assignment rewards will be balanced.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Jita wrote:

It always was. Holding Nauwy is still a license to print NIC and tokens. Back in the day before SPT you had to run back and forth in a cam though. One day soon assignment rewards will be balanced.

The mission change was supposed to stop this abuse. The Devs need to resolve it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

There's 5 tickets saying working as intended.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

5 (edited by Syndic 2014-06-18 11:50:17)

If I understand it correctly, the abuse is that you can do transport missions by transporting mission items and get mission rewards from it.

Gotcha.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

well, its a conceptual "bug" - mission item does not get destroyed when you cancel the mission.

fix would be rather easy to code by making unique misison item IDs per mission ID/player ID.
something they have to do anyway for the next update of the mission system.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

well, its a conceptual "bug" - mission item does not get destroyed when you cancel the mission.

fix would be rather easy to code by making unique misison item IDs per mission ID/player ID.

Or destroy the mission item when the mission is rejected.

Ville wrote:

There's 5 tickets saying working as intended.

there were 5 tickets saying insurance was 'working as intended'. Much like insurance the Devs have a childlike grasp of how easily it can be scaled, pushed to its limits and made to defecate nic like some incontinent godzilla.

Hopefully this thread should go some way to poking said slumbering Hungarian.

9 (edited by Kokomut 2014-06-18 12:53:46)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Jita wrote:

Not just nauwy, 1 station on every beta 1 has the mission. And also the beta terminals although not as efficient.

Omg!  You mean everyone can do missions??

Kokomut wrote:

Not just nauwy, 1 station on every beta 1 has the mission. And also the beta terminals although not as efficient.

True. I forgot that with SPT the distance between terminal and outpost is nearly irrelevant.

Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Or destroy the mission item when the mission is rejected.

that would have been the short term fix a year ago. for a future random mission generator, each mission must generate unique, track-able items, similar to gescan file items.

transportmissions are probably the only missions that you can exploit that way, because it doesn track "picking item xyz up from a loot container/ground" as condition like every other mission that requires you to deliver something (or else mining/harvesting missions could be exploited similar way)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Taking a transport mission and transporting stuff to the destination is abuse.

roll

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Jita wrote:

The mission change was supposed to stop this abuse. The Devs need to resolve it.

Yes it was supposed to, but apparently there are not enough missions in that category to make them care about the randomness.

So either make the mission destroy the item when rejected or make the item specific to the mission. Whatever is easier.

I dunno we need to quickly rid the game of this mission system that tells you what you are doing with no say.

Bring back the choices, combat characters might want to run combat missions with certain bots in certain areas vs getting a random mission which might include artifact scanning.

Mission abuse?  People will always go the path of least resistance.  Always.  Might want to consider making that path of least resistance to things that may or may not increase activity between alpha and beta...worth the risk.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

While we are talking about balancing missions, can we get the combat missions that drop items that weigh oh... 50 U to a more realistic value so my Mesmer can carry it?  The most *** thing in the world is killing something, getting it to drop and running back to station getting into a sequer then hauling it back to station.

Ville wrote:

While we are talking about balancing missions, can we get the combat missions that drop items that weigh oh... 50 U to a more realistic value so my Mesmer can carry it?  The most *** thing in the world is killing something, getting it to drop and running back to station getting into a sequer then hauling it back to station.

We mathed it out last night in TS and it is literally faster to use a Lithus with a machine gun than do all the walking. Fix this kind of crap that runs players out of the game before bothering to balance transport missions.

Also remove the geoscanner and artifact scanner combat missions. We shouldn't need to say things like this but here we are.

Tund Bungler wrote:

Also remove the geoscanner and artifact scanner combat missions. We shouldn't need to say things like this but here we are.

That's exactly what we are talking about!  These kind of things are so frustrating as a player!

21 (edited by Annihilator 2014-06-18 18:40:33)

yes! remove content! fuuu

Annihilator wrote:

Coming from the guy who used to get so freaking Mad trying to grind his green rep off by Karapyth.  Don't give me that.

Annihilator wrote:

Yes, remove terrible content that causes players to throw up their hands and leave. How controversial of an opinion. Take your trolls elsewhere, you dont even play this game.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Yes it was supposed to, but apparently there are not enough missions in that category to make them care about the randomness.

Have you ever considered fixing the actual problems? roll

25 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-06-19 16:05:54)

Dazamin wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

Have you ever considered fixing the actual problems? roll

Missions like the golden triangle transports were fun and many people would do them without prodding.  It was worth the time to do them.  Beacon pits, the old ones, were a fun way to get people out in gamma and do some combat (whens the last time you saw combat accounts farming on beta or gamma?)

If the reward for the mission or activity is worth doing, and its fun, lots of people would do them, and you wouldn't need to search out some way to create efficiency.

The reason people are seeking out ways to do these things different is because people don't naturally do high end missions, theres no reason to do beacons (post patch especially) any other play than outside alpha terminals, and even then its incredibly inefficient for what you get out of it.

This game is quickly moving towards mining epriton as the apex activity of the game.  You can do it large scale, it doesn't require a lot of effort, and what else are you going to to other than nora farming?

This game lacks logical, fun, and rewarding missions, it lacks any reason at all to ever combat in beta/gamma other than pvp.

Hmmm I wonder how different the pvp scene would look if lots of people were using their pvp accounts currently sitting in station waiting for anyone to jump on were out on beta farming mobs and doing missions.  Would probably open the door to a lot of people sneaking around ect wouldn't it?

The game totally lacks high end content.  So you've got a lot of really smart people who know the game better than the developers twiddling their thumbs waiting for pvp...stuff like this gets figured out via boredom.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth