Topic: Dear DeVs, how about dialog?

I heard that DeV Alf came back. How about to meet with players and talk a bit in GC? It would be nice to see you every week or every two weeks. I think it would be useful for all.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

2 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-06-14 21:37:53)

Re: Dear DeVs, how about dialog?

tbh I don't think general chat is the best way of getting player feedback.

I am all for players talking with devs.  I would just ask that before we talk about specific mechanics we should all (players and devs) state what the aim of any proposed changes actually is. 
In other words, what is the problem that is being addressed. 

Otherwise there will be a lot of arguments about details with no progress because people are talking about different things without even realising it.

+1
-Confucius

Actually talking with players in general chat is a great idea because then the Devs are interacting with people actually playing the game, not the vocal minority posting on the forums.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Actually talking with players in general chat is a great idea because then the Devs are interacting with people actually playing the game, not the vocal minority posting on the forums.

General chat quickly degenerates to name calling and witty comments. 

Nothing wrong with asking in general chat though. Could begin by asking those "actually playing the game" in general chat, what they are doing at that particular moment in time.

+1
-Confucius