1 (edited by Burial 2014-12-03 17:49:11)

Topic: Drop the Gamma temporarily

I believe you need to pull back with Gammas and concentrate on making Alphas and Betas engaging and balanced. You can't build anything good on a broken foundation. We were in this situation, more or less, when the Gamma 1.0 came out. Beta PVP was close to death due to walls and Gamma slapped everything into hibernation mode.

People have a misconception that once Gammas are roamable, we will get a lot of nice fights and great content. No. Gammas have been barren wastelands content wise since beginning. We had terminals with awesome production bonuses, terraforming to toy around with, colixum and some roaming spawns, but other than that there wasn't really much to do. Even if you manage to make the islands roamable, what do you think there is to kill? People will be farming Noralgis and Beacons inside the perimeter of the base under turret protection and anyone mining Colixum will have gates scouted and will stop at the first sign of trouble. Gammas have only 2-4 entry points, it's easy to scout them.

I'm seeing the whole Steam effort and buy to play going downhill. You have just lost monthly subscription revenue and no-one has to pay a dime unless they want to. Unless there is some engaging content I won't be paying for EP boosts or downgrades and even less for paintjobs.

Drop the Gamma idea temporarily and work on making Alphas and Betas better.

Re: Drop the Gamma temporarily

-1 OP

Devs,  a statement on progress would be nice.

Not having any more Islands has had pretty obvious negative consequences, so no.

4 (edited by Burial 2014-05-22 21:14:30)

Sure, add more Betas, nothing wrong with that. But there's no sensible point adding broken content on top of broken content.

Burial wrote:

Sure, add more Betas, nothing wrong with that. smile

Well ok then big_smile I don't really care if they're betas or gammas

I think gamma release needs to come with:

30+ New Colixum based Robots to pilot ...
MK3 Robots (Colixium based)
T5 Colixum based modules

Give people something to use gamma for something new .... Re releasing gamma with nothing new is just relaunching OLD content ... how is that exciting hmm

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

I don't think we need any more bots or modules that are just better versions of what we have.  It would be nice to have bots or modules that do different things such as a dedicated RR bot that is actually worth playing as your main account in pvp.

A class of larger bots would be cool too, or maybe some small hovering bots.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

I don't think we need any more bots or modules that are just better versions of what we have.  It would be nice to have bots or modules that do different things such as a dedicated RR bot that is actually worth playing as your main account in pvp.

Maybe some station bots that look good when you spin them?

Or some bot you can only use on alpha perhaps

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Maybe a bot that has no power but people from other corps can pull it around, for those that are unable to do anything for themselves?

Dazamin wrote:
Jita wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Maybe a bot that has no power but people from other corps can pull it around, for those that are unable to do anything for themselves?

If you think it suits your play style I guess

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

-1 OP

+1 ti this:

Kaldenines wrote:

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

+1 to the bittervet move...

why do you all have to be in the same corp?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1 for delaying gamma, this rushing on getting gamma out is not going to end well.

+1 on bots with more defined roles only.

RIP PERPETUUM

Take your time working on Gamma.

There's no need to change or add anything, anyone who was the capability will see the industrial benefit in the 10-15% cumulative bonus on refining, prototyping, reverse-engineering, factory, recycling. Simply put, producing on Gamma is a lot cheaper and easier then on Beta, nevermind on Alpha.

Fix the terraforming and the MPC system so it's not broken and exploit-friendly & abuse-friendly and there will be plenty of people who want their own little base.

Gamma will also largely fix power projection with spark teleports (indirect buff to Alpha/Beta/newbie corps).

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Jita wrote:

Machariels yes please!

Also +1 for delaying Gamma. Alpha & Beta needs more content. Also QoL enhancements.

- something