1 (edited by Ensireka 2014-05-21 14:36:21)

Topic: Robotic Scraps (insert new object)

So, I was playing a game called S.P.A.Z. a few months ago, they have an sequel coming out, and I thought it was a great idea what they were doing in the game.  So, ya fly around and blow up ships.  Yo can gather any non-destroyed components (thrusters, wings, cockpits ... ect)

My idea is that we would be able to gather components to create Mechs from.  So, you are farming Castel's and get a bunch of chassis pieces (castel only).  You can use these pieces to reduce the manufacturing requirements of components or raw materials for producing the Castel.  (im no industry player)

Just to clarify ... you would get scrap pieces for each part of the Mech.  It would take who knows how much and they would take little to no room ... like .01 or something.

I thought it would be an interesting idea.  Just desire some feedback on the crazy idea.  smile

-Ensi

Re: Robotic Scraps (insert new object)

Well we already have fragments (that have a different use) and another similar item could make people confused.
How would this work with t2/t3/t4 items? Use the generic pieces for it, but for example take more of it? Like:
t1 missile launcher - 1 launcher piece
t2- 2 pieces
t3- 3
t4- 4

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I was only referring to Mech pieces, not equipment

However, i'll run with that thought.

Maybe the pieces required would be multiplicative (x5)?  So, a t1 would require ... 1,000, a t2 would require 5,000 a t3 would require 25,000 and a t4 would require 125,000 scraps.

It would give more trade and industry items.  I guess the idea is kinda lacking.  Just wanted it out there.  smile

Thanks for posting mate. 

-Ensi

I would imagine its another item drop.

Something similar to it takes 7 different parts to form a ship than you take it to the factory and buy the CT from the perp shop, that would allow you build robots.

-Very Low chance on PVE mobs. like 3%
-High chance on Players. like 50%

These percentages are like that to get ONE piece.

Once you have 7 pieces like:  Castel: Leg Right Front, Castel: Leg Right Back, Castel: Servo motor, Castel Robotic Neurointegration board, Cables., plating, etc...

you take your purchased CT put it in the factory and Bam X number of hours later 1 robot appears.

I like it.  Takes something and adds a twist.  Make pvp more lucrative.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I would imagine its another item drop.

Something similar to it takes 7 different parts to form a ship than you take it to the factory and buy the CT from the perp shop, that would allow you build robots.

-Very Low chance on PVE mobs. like 3%
-High chance on Players. like 50%

These percentages are like that to get ONE piece.

Once you have 7 pieces like:  Castel: Leg Right Front, Castel: Leg Right Back, Castel: Servo motor, Castel Robotic Neurointegration board, Cables., plating, etc...

you take your purchased CT put it in the factory and Bam X number of hours later 1 robot appears.

I like it.  Takes something and adds a twist.  Make pvp more lucrative.

+1

Ha ha.  Its crazy what you can get from other games right! 

I have a heartfelt idea that a good game can utilize ideas that come from other games.  If a game has a great idea, I think its worth taking a peek and possibly adopting it.

-Ensi