Topic: Game suggestions

Some suggestions for future development. Just my 2 cents. Some of these might not be valid as I might be missing knowledge on game mechanics.

I this Love the game. Addicted is more like it.

Comments welcome.

Extension accelerators - devices that can be equipped onto a robot. When an agent is using that robot, they gain extension points at an accelerated rate. Should not be a module but fit into  custom slots.

Accelerators based on use - similar to extension accelerators but provide bonuses for a specific use: combat, mining, navigation, armor bonuses,  squad, etc…
For all intents and purposes similar to implants in EVE.

Combat HUD: Include optimal, falloff and ROF in combat HUD instead of having to right click to get these values. They are important enough. Drives me nuts in EVE that you have to right click for these values and hunt them down.

Radar and map: I use the radar to generally get around but it does not provide enough info about the terrain or terminal / locations. To get through passes, tight areas and new terrain I need the map. Is there away to combine both of these into a more efficient map system?

Primary Target - why is there a primary target button? Can’t we just have primary target be selected in the targeting computer? The landmark button is still useful providing entity information.

Market Sell Orders - Unless I missed it, you cannot adjust your market sell orders. You need to cancel the order and then place it on the market again. Add a feature to adjust market orders.

Loading Ammo - Allow us to drag and drop ammo and charges when out on terrain.
Expander Modules - Allow for larger cargo holds at the expense of speed. This can make light robots more viable for hauling.   

Market Range Extensions - Extensions that increase the range of being able to trade (buy and sell orders) in other markets.

Volume to descriptions - add volume data to info for ores raw materials.

Re: Game suggestions

Extension Accelerators LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Other Accelerators LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You should pretty much know your optimal and falloff of your weapons at all times.  Its not that hard to remember 2 numbers.  The HUD is cluttered enough, but I'm not particularly opposed to something like this.

Use passible terrain overlay for info on walkable passes and stuff.  If you need a wider view and dont want to open the map window, just maximize the radar for a few seconds.

Primary/Secondary target buttons are very important.  You need to switch quickly in combat so using Tab+R is much easier than using your mouse.  If you dont like the button just unmap it.

Forcing you to pay more money and wait 10 minutes to change your orders prevents .01 NIC spam wars.  If they do allow you to change your order, they need to charge you a fee to do so.

Drag and drop?  We need a "load to all" option in the right-click menu on ammo in your cargo.

Expanders... eh, I'm not opposed, but we have a Sequer for a reason.  I guess making that an even better hauler could be nice.

I guess thats a decent idea, but nearly everything is sold on the 3 alpha islands, so theres not much use for this.  Maybe when we get like 12+ islands or something.  Would have to work like:

- Other Outpost/Terminal on same island = +1 
- Terminal on 1 island away is +2, 2 islands away is +4, etc.
- Outpost 1 island away is +3, 2 islands away is +5, etc.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

3 (edited by Adamant Stehl 2010-12-08 19:28:37)

Neoxx wrote:

Extension Accelerators LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Other Accelerators LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So, I am assuming you don't like this idea : )

You should pretty much know your optimal and falloff of your weapons at all times.  Its not that hard to remember 2 numbers.  The HUD is cluttered enough, but I'm not particularly opposed to something like this.

Yes, first rule of combat is to know this. But maybe it could be dynamic where its green or red based on your target being in range vs having the red text (that you can easily miss) indicate you are not in range.

Use passible terrain overlay for info on walkable passes and stuff.  If you need a wider view and dont want to open the map window, just maximize the radar for a few seconds.

Primary/Secondary target buttons are very important.  You need to switch quickly in combat so using Tab+R is much easier than using your mouse.  If you dont like the button just unmap it.

I did not know this. Helpful. Thank you.

Forcing you to pay more money and wait 10 minutes to change your orders prevents .01 NIC spam wars.  If they do allow you to change your order, they need to charge you a fee to do so.

EVE does charge a fee for changing orders. The difference here is that you have to go back through your storage and place the order again adding more work. The .01 wars have already started on the market and thats part of the sandbox  economics. Its annoying yes but people would not do it if they did not make NIC.
Drag and drop?  We need a "load to all" option in the right-click menu on ammo in your cargo.

Expanders... eh, I'm not opposed, but we have a Sequer for a reason.  I guess making that an even better hauler could be nice.

This would make light robots more effective for small load quick hauls.

I guess thats a decent idea, but nearly everything is sold on the 3 alpha islands, so theres not much use for this.  Maybe when we get like 12+ islands or something.  Would have to work like:

Yeah, that makes sense. I like your idea here. Once there are more islands this would be useful. It can still be useful with just 3 islands as well. Also offering hauling contracts to PC but again in the future.

- Other Outpost/Terminal on same island = +1 
- Terminal on 1 island away is +2, 2 islands away is +4, etc.
- Outpost 1 island away is +3, 2 islands away is +5, etc.

See replies in bold above. (edited for spelling)

Adamant Stehl wrote:

Extension accelerators - devices that can be equipped onto a robot. When an agent is using that robot, they gain extension points at an accelerated rate. Should not be a module but fit into  custom slots.

Accelerators based on use - similar to extension accelerators but provide bonuses for a specific use: combat, mining, navigation, armor bonuses,  squad, etc…
For all intents and purposes similar to implants in EVE.

rofl rofl

good luck with that

things like cargo expanders are a great idea. It would add more diversity to fits; should you fit more tank, or go for more cargo? there shouldn't be a 1 size fits all for fits, or else the concept of modules and fits is pointless.

Wow necro much?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.