Topic: Controler support - is that somethign you could imagine for perp?

Simple question.

AFAIK there is a not so small audience out there that prefers controler over mouse, even in twitch based shooter, and steam even has an extra label for that.

Question is - would it be to much work for devs to make perp controler friendly?

as far as i can tell, the only things that are missing, are ways to manage targeting without mouse, and eventually weapon grouping for non alpha strike playstyle.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Controler support - is that somethign you could imagine for perp?

I prefer launchpad.
Superdevs could you please make midi support with midiout state so we can use zis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlMDf5u4ATQ ?

Annihilator wrote:

as far as i can tell, the only things that are missing, are ways to manage targeting without mouse, and eventually weapon grouping for non alpha strike playstyle.

I messed with this a long time ago. I found a piece of software the let me map my joystick to the keyboard. I ran into the above issues that you have stated.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

What i had in mind was button-bind for  cycling landmark list entries back and forth,
and a crosshair camera mode that kinda sticks the mouse cursor to the center of the screen, while i can control the camera with one analog stick, and my robot with the other one.

and well, at least a way to define one or two weapon groups, so i can "alpha strike" wtih either primary or secondary slots (mikey mouse kain, neuting tyrannos, armed ictus, etc, all those less likely builds).

head and legslots can be controlled with a shift+group or ctrl+group as long as i dont need to manage more then 4  of them

with the crosshair mode selecting targets under crosshair should be doable with the same primary/secondary lock button as long as i did not highlight something in landmark or target computer list.

that should cover basic controler support.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I've tried this. Results are pretty funny and interesting, required fine tuning tho.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Annihilator wrote:

What i had in mind was button-bind for  cycling landmark list entries back and forth,
and a crosshair camera mode that kinda sticks the mouse cursor to the center of the screen, while i can control the camera with one analog stick, and my robot with the other one.

and well, at least a way to define one or two weapon groups, so i can "alpha strike" wtih either primary or secondary slots (mikey mouse kain, neuting tyrannos, armed ictus, etc, all those less likely builds).

head and legslots can be controlled with a shift+group or ctrl+group as long as i dont need to manage more then 4  of them

with the crosshair mode selecting targets under crosshair should be doable with the same primary/secondary lock button as long as i did not highlight something in landmark or target computer list.

that should cover basic controler support.

Can we has this.  Like tomorrow and like brand new mech designs.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

you would need to add
- have cycle mode modules persist, and not overwritten by alpha strike or group-strike.