Re: Gamma revamp testing

Celebro wrote:

Artificial cap on terminals is not needed. The most powerful will just place them as 'sov holding' structures.

It's the only way to prevent walled off islands

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Artificial cap on terminals is not needed. The most powerful will just place them as 'sov holding' structures.

you mean walled off with many terminals that only provide bandwidth to lots of defense turrets that do run out of power if not supplied by reactor energy that has to be managed via those new mining towers that have to be placed ontop of energy resources that will dry out probably fast when used for so many terminals at once?

i wonder if alf could play a bit with those energy consumption numbers that would make that actually a lot harder.
Although, i heard that some corps already running their production lines currently to make lots of "Fuel" resources to surpass that mechanic for a some time.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Celebro wrote:

you mean walled off with many terminals that only provide bandwidth to lots of defense turrets that do run out of power if not supplied by reactor energy that has to be managed via those new mining towers that have to be placed ontop of energy resources that will dry out probably fast when used for so many terminals at once?

i wonder if alf could play a bit with those energy consumption numbers that would make that actually a lot harder.
Although, i heard that some corps already running their production lines currently to make lots of "Fuel" resources to surpass that mechanic for a some time.

But it's still walled off if you have enough power to do five rounds. That prevents roamers and that was the whole point.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

there are lots of no-construction areas, 2km wide. it probably ends up with not much place for more then a few terminals with all those range restrictions.

imho, the range limit between terminals needs to be increased 1.5 km.
3km means that defense turrets with 500-1000m combat range can perfectly cover the space between two terminals.

to bad there are to many if/then factors that noone will test on PTS and that will just get released. After all, noone is really willing to "test" things seriously on PTS...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I would suggest a mobile teleport where you can manually select on any coastal area you want to tp to, just as if you where attacking by sea.

RIP PERPETUUM

TBH the islands are too small to completely guarantee that it doesn't need another wipe a year from now, no matter how much testing or competent the Devs are. Realistically terraforming would need to be removed.

RIP PERPETUUM

i have a problem with placing an energy well on the only titan ore deposit next to my base - its on a long slope that is hard to terraform into something that allows me to place down this huge building.

can't you make that building allign with the average angle of the terrain, instead of having to create a horizontal platform?

The actual mineral will have more fields scattered, and combined with the mineral despawning mechanic it shouldn't be so bad as it is with titan now.

Here is a current map of titan fields btw: http://pbrd.co/1s1TVmv

hmm, any ETA when the new mineral will be implemented?

It's part of next week's todo.

can compile a few more pictures, showing an islands "red" zones, teleports and a range indicator like you did years ago with the wall constructin limits on beta?

Removed some posts. If you don't want to test that's fine, but please don't post about why not and other stuff that won't help us here.

test server down atm?

nothing happens after my "connecting..." bar is full.

and yes i reinstalled the test client freshly.

Yeah, needed a restart. It's up again.

hey zoom. great idea: "only 3 main terminals can be placed on one island"

how should we be able to test when we cant build a base?

That shouldn't be the case on the test server, I'll check what's up with that.

server restarting?
and - sent you a screenshot via support ticket wink

Try now.

469 (edited by Annihilator 2014-08-07 22:05:16)

still getting "Server error" on login
something like "error (zoneGetBuilding)54: erro_serverError

Pls try it now, I found the bug, it should work.

471 (edited by Annihilator 2014-08-07 23:14:18)

works again

btw: that "terrain regeneration" either works pretty fast when there is not much change on the terrain, or you have reset the map since the last time i had logged in (5 days to completely revert a small change)

edit:
is terraforming currently disabled? i have noticed ground tile INSTANT lock, and getting an error when using a TF charge

i would like to find out whats more profitable, sorry, less tedious - to build those energy well towers, or to mine liquizit/HDT afk on alpha to fuel a gamma base.
Can we get that new terraforming interface enabled on player clients?

getting weird errors when i try to terraform.
and without it it makes setting up the well tower difficult

bzw. are theses changes serious?

Missile turret needs 75 AP per shot
Repair node now repairs 18000hp (at last thats what the info tells us)

a bug appeared when i tried to set up a deployed em turret.
the turret did not appear but the area is now marked as unbuildable (red) (1498, 1028).

i think i moved the bot in about the same moment when the process was about to end, so maybe some lag issue.

error 626 when I try to terraform dafuq is broken now?