Re: Gamma revamp testing

Jita wrote:
Ville wrote:

You can't seige without cover.  Plain and simple.

I dont know if this is really true because honestly nobody has tried. Perhaps you can supertank and bring sufficient RR but in previous gamma iterations there hasn't been the numbers to make this work.

I think if your taking a fleet of 40 + you would laugh at the dps tbh

Oh yes they did.  Infact, the whole server did on Novaya Trava.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Zoom your planning on reseeding the market with t1 buildings again right?

does 24° dispersion at 5s unbuffed cycletime even make a difference on Railguns? each turret has two of those guns and their cycletime can be buffed.

a mech has a 30% chance to get hit by those, a light bot 12,5%. the light bot is down with a single hit - if it even comes pass the 4° dispersion laser turrets.

so, currently, the two only ways to get into an enemy base, means to out-tank the DPS with heavies and shield tyrannos and apply DPS somehow,
or to just wait for the base's powersupply to run dry due to the increased power consumption of the turrets.

the changes to the neuting, ecming, demobbing, and supressing E(n)War turrets haven't been posted yet, so it hard to theocraft how much impact those will have.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Would it be possible to add more gamma islands to the testing server as time for its rerelease approaches? I know my corporation and I would like to put gamma mechanics to the test and also experience some of the content before it was out for real.

Ville wrote:

Is that a trick question? smile

Gwyndor wrote:

Would it be possible to add more gamma islands to the testing server as time for its rerelease approaches? I know my corporation and I would like to put gamma mechanics to the test and also experience some of the content before it was out for real.

Yes, we'll put in more soon, once the majority of the changes/features are in.

406 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-07-18 22:44:28)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Is that a trick question? smile

Gwyndor wrote:

Yes, we'll put in more soon, once the majority of the changes/features are in.

Soon? Are majority of changes done soon? Can you define soon? And is the OP updated? If not, can you update the OP yellow/green squares?

= out on the test server
= still in development

Sparking to other games

a good percentage of the yellow dots can be solved with the same terrain code change, including those mentioned later but not listed there (highway emitter)

so its realistic to think that they are working on such a code and many things will suddenly be possible.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

A good chunk of them will come in a few days. A lot of the core mechanics have been rewritten that don't bring any gameplay changes, but will be more optimized/clean/etc.

409 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-18 23:57:40)

questions:
- why do my own base turrets attack me?
- why don't i see the laser beams from those laser turrets shooting at me?
- why do missiles hit the ground 200m behind me, but deal damage? (doesn't look like AoE)

oh, and sorry, i walked with a seth mk2 between your bases defense turrets and the explosion put one energy node into reinforce

Those are all known issues right now due to the turret AI rewrite, which is still in progress.

I tried terraforming - terrible

btw. Are you intending to introduce MPC building prototypes when you re-launch gamma. I think you should.

I'd actually go a step further.

Wipe all the gamma mods currently in-game, reset all the tech and reimburse all the points spent - and bring it in line with the rest of the game with regards to prototype->RE->production.

That way all the newbie corps start on the same level as the rest of us vets when it comes to Gamma.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Wipe all the gamma mods currently in-game, reset all the tech and reimburse all the points spent - and bring it in line with the rest of the game with regards to prototype->RE->production.

That way all the newbie corps start on the same level as the rest of us vets when it comes to Gamma.

same level?
whats the point of resetting and reimbursing the research points, when you can re-spend them right away, where the new player dont have them to begin with?
instead of just logging in on patchday and moving all your buildings with your scarab mk2's to gamma, it would take you a fews days in the factory, while new player would still grind the kernels and extensions...

Gammas going to be blockaded by people with terminals.

suggestion:
reinforcement mode using an internal powerpool that can only be charged via Mining tower fuel. A newly built building has only als much power to go into reinforce once.
even if you deconstruct and rebuild it the status of this pool is stored in its foundation, even if packaged and stacked.

so if you want to block gammas with terminals, you have to build mining towers and reactors next to them or they wont last more then two attacks. It won't make that strategy if yours impossible, but less easy, more expensive while keeping "reinforce" mode intact.

417 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-20 12:36:12)

Annihilator wrote:
Syndic wrote:

same level?
whats the point of resetting and reimbursing the research points, when you can re-spend them right away, where the new player dont have them to begin with?
instead of just logging in on patchday and moving all your buildings with your scarab mk2's to gamma, it would take you a fews days in the factory, while new player would still grind the kernels and extensions...

Prototyping

Reverse engineering

Producing

Takes more then "a fews days" DEV Anni. Especially with 20k briochit per terminal, x5 for prototyping. You only make 5-6 per CT, so that's ~200k briochit for 5-6 T1 terminals. And that's 5-6 days production time too.

Reimbursing points is mainly for the newbies anyway, the vets will instantly unlock it one way or another.

Newbies will never be able to compete if prototyping gets put in for Gamma mods and the thousands of buildings us vets have are left in. It would just increase the monetary value of our stockpiles.

CIR Complaint Form

418 (edited by Burial 2014-07-21 13:45:42)

Syndic wrote:

Newbies will never be able to compete

You got that part right.

Burial wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Newbies will never be able to compete

You got that part right.

It does seem like that idea is based upon not allowing new corps to buy single units and reverse engineer them. It wont effect the older corps but for sure makes it harder for new people to compete.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I'm personally against making gamma buildings require a prototype to produce for that reason (harder for new people).

However, IF its going to happen then all the thousands of Gamma buildings vets have stockpiled need to be wiped, tech wiped, and everyone start from scratch.

Otherwise it won't be just harder for new people - it will be impossible.

CIR Complaint Form

I think we should do the prototyping and do it right, like everything else in game.  But like I said, Gamma should not be a mad dash to throw down an instant base and lock down the best islands.  I think you need to

--->Announce when Gamma is to go live.<------

--->On that date wipe All of the buildings.<-----

---->Open gamma and let good times begin<-----

Ville wrote:

I think we should do the prototyping and do it right, like everything else in game.  But like I said, Gamma should not be a mad dash to throw down an instant base and lock down the best islands.  I think you need to

--->Announce when Gamma is to go live.<------

--->On that date wipe All of the buildings.<-----

---->Open gamma and let good times begin<-----

I just think that further widens the already huge gap between new and old corps.

I'm actually of the opinion that they should remove prototyping for bots since nobody uses them in PvP and its an unnecessary stage that hampers new guy production.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

423 (edited by Burial 2014-07-21 16:26:31)

Syndic wrote:

I'm personally against making gamma buildings require a prototype to produce for that reason (harder for new people).

However, IF its going to happen then all the thousands of Gamma buildings vets have stockpiled need to be wiped, tech wiped, and everyone start from scratch.

Otherwise it won't be just harder for new people - it will be impossible.

Who but STC actually has thousands of Gamma structures?
How exactly is Gamma impossible for new people if there are people around with stockpiles?

This is the impression I hear again and again on the forums: 'Please reset XYZ so new players have even ground to start on' while totally disregarding that we will be in the same state again in time if the game is still around.

If you really want new players to have a chance, you should be pushing for other changes in actual gameplay.

Ville wrote:

I think we should do the prototyping and do it right, like everything else in game.  But like I said, Gamma should not be a mad dash to throw down an instant base and lock down the best islands.

If it will be possible to lock islands down just for the sake of having them locked down, then it's a problem with Gamma design and should be looked at.

If they don't change mineral spawn mechanics its possible to lock down every colixium source in the game.

Jita wrote:

I'm actually of the opinion that they should remove prototyping for bots since nobody uses them in PvP and its an unnecessary stage that hampers new guy production.

for me the sentence should be this way:
"they should remove prototyping because its an unnecessary stage that hampers production."

whatever you do with prototypes beside reverse-engineering should be implemented as craftable alternatives of the items.

what do you need prototyping for in gamma buildings? to prevent someone from deconstructing a building he has not yet researched and mass producing it without the resource heavy prototyping process. (RE, build a few, RE one again, CT fusion, etc...)