Topic: New : Fragment Deconstruction Facility

New gamma facility that breaks down fragments

Perfect >> Functional >> Damaged

of course at a cost big_smile

Dooo it Devs !!!

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Re: New : Fragment Deconstruction Facility

Tux wrote:

Dooo it Devs !!!

Generally Tux your ideas are not bad but...

Seriously, do you guys NEED more fragments after the Quintillion U Dev-Transferred from Gamma after you burned Zillion beacons from farming Sextillion tokens?

Don't answer. Just disband already.

Can I have a magic transmutation table to change Epi into other liquids?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I have more fragments than i know what to do with ... this was actually a suggestion by a new player ... so yes new corps that don't have troves upon troves of production stocks may find this useful ...  just like decoder combination and ct combination

But hey maybe a new un corp'ed player  should have recommended it so you wouldn't be blinded by the corp tag and may have actually given a productive response. 

Rage Rex wrote:
Tux wrote:

Dooo it Devs !!!

Generally Tux your ideas are not bad but...

Seriously, do you guys NEED more fragments after the Quintillion U Dev-Transferred from Gamma after you burned Zillion beacons from farming Sextillion tokens?

Don't answer. Just disband already.

Sure we can turn lvl 1 decoders into lvl 10 decoders so i dont see whats stopping us roll

Norrdec wrote:

Can I have a magic transmutation table to change Epi into other liquids?

6 (edited by Norrdec 2014-05-08 13:27:26)

/edited as I read something wrong

I don't like this idea because it's magic and not any type of science story-fluff we could do.
Useful? It might look good for a beginner, but later he will cry "oh why did I waste all those perfect frags!".

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

7 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-08 09:16:31)

Tux wrote:

But hey maybe a new un corp'ed player  should have recommended it so you wouldn't be blinded by the corp tag and may have actually given a productive response.

Guilty for not caring about fragments. Just found it comical that of all the issues with Gamma this trifle would rise. Doesn't the CEO of STC have more important meetings to chair?

Personally I think decoder labs are stupid so I wouldn't want the equivalent for fragments.

Decoders that are high level used to be a bonus when ratting.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Personally I think decoder labs are stupid so I wouldn't want the equivalent for fragments.

Yeah I think Gamma 2.0 can be void of decoder labs and not many would miss them.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

Yeah I think Gamma 2.0 can be void of decoder labs and not many would miss them.

can you even build a base with a decoder lab connected under the new bandwidth limit?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

11 (edited by Gremrod 2014-05-08 18:23:57)

Annihilator wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

can you even build a base with a decoder lab connected under the new bandwidth limit?

The new system appears to be trying for having a limited system. So if you want everything on one base that will not happen. That is what I get out of the bandwidth mechanic.

What you have connected is up to you, of course you are limited by bandwidth now.

Also, cheer up Anni!

Hopefully the bandwidth values are not set in stone yet but ... It would be very disappointing if you could not build a full T3 Production base ... even taking in to account having zero defense.

Gremrod wrote:

The new system appears to be trying for having a limited system. So if you want everything on one base that will not happen. That is what I get out of the bandwidth mechanic.

What you have connected is up to you, of course you are limited by bandwidth now.

Also, cheer up Anni!

hmm, thats what i don't understand about this limit.
They take a concept that was proven ineffective and counterproductive during the last years of this game running, and put it as "fix" into the broken gamma concept.

does that work like in math where negative mutliplied with negative results in positive?

Am i really the only one thinking that the "bandwidth" limit is nothing else then a short lived bandaid fix that will only be implemented because its easy to code in? (rhetorical question, because i know some others who think the same)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

Am i really the only one thinking that the "bandwidth" limit is nothing else then a short lived bandaid fix that will only be implemented because its easy to code in? (rhetorical question, because i know some others who think the same)

This is quite probably at least partially true, but I'm unclear why limiting fittings is in itself a bad thing? You wouldn't have a bot that could fit every module in the game, thats usually how you balance stuff, make people chose between different options, not simply have 'one of everything'.

Dazamin wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

This is quite probably at least partially true, but I'm unclear why limiting fittings is in itself a bad thing? You wouldn't have a bot that could fit every module in the game, thats usually how you balance stuff, make people chose between different options, not simply have 'one of everything'.

This

Dazamin wrote:

currently we have rather the oppositte extreme - just fit the one thing, nothing else.

and i was not talking about robots, but bases.

17 (edited by Dazamin 2014-05-08 23:37:31)

Annihilator wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

currently we have rather the oppositte extreme - just fit the one thing, nothing else.

and i was not talking about robots, but bases.

I appreciate that, but the principle is the same, choices, options, you can't just fit everything, there's no reason why that shouldn't apply to bases It may be that the bandwidth is set too low (or too high). I'm interested in what's wrong with the principle of limiting what can be fit on one base in some way?

Dazamin wrote:

I appreciate that, but the principle is the same, choices, options, you can't just fit everything, there's no reason why that shouldn't apply to bases It may be that the bandwidth is set too low (or too high). I'm interested in what's wrong with the principle of limiting what can be fit on one base in some way?

Their should be limits .. I agree

But we  should be able to choose to build a full production base .. or a full 'death Star' base .... if i can not build a full t3 production base .. whats the point in doing production on gamma?  if its just production with no defense turrets im fine with that ... but at least all facilities fully boosted and powered .. thats where the "base line" should be set

such limits are artifical, non-immersive and short sighted.

Its ok if i cannot build a harbor when there is no water.
its ok if i cannot build something when there is no place for it.
its ok if i cannot produce something because i have to import the stuff from another location (while i still able to produce it when i do the transportation.

Just that "i cannot build this because someone set a limit for how many terminals CAN be built, and limited the system that i cannot connect all of the buildings NECESSARY to do a whole production cycle (from refining, to prototyping, to factoring, to recycling of CT) is just meh...

Tux wrote:

Dooo it Devs !!!

Back to the original topic smile

Why not just rename the bloody things from - perfect - functional - damaged -
to - shiny - pointy - strange - or - complex - regular - simple -
or whatever other combination of three words.

This way people will stop thinking about why the hell you can't turn a functional fragment into a damaged one by hitting it with a hammer.

+1
-Confucius