101 (edited by Burial 2014-05-07 22:36:32)

Re: The official: nerf ewar thread

1. That Ictus won't see me closer than ~550m.
2. Ictus needs LOS.
3. EW nexus. Zenith MK2 with maxed nexus and 1 range extender already suppresses further than 1km.
4. Ictus has worst EW resistance of all ew mechs, almost as bad as Heavy. Try fitting for EW resistance when you need range and have 4 head slots.

All-in-all, good luck!

// You are talking about counter. Let me guess: Long range Grophos. Wont work:
1. EW is masked.
2. Long range Grophos have terrible EW resistance.
3. Zenith has longer locking range = longer EW range.

Lemon wrote:

I can set my Iktus up to neut @ 1000m and itle neut enough AP to drain any e-war what then?

then there are far to less plants and obstacles in this game.
if you can get reliable shots at 1km with LoS dependant "weapons" everywhere, then the most important difference between perp and eve is missing from pvp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You guys keep bringing up that a single Vaga can lock out a mech, and that is just not true. As I described earlier a Vaga cannot lock out even 1 mech by itself. It requires a joint effort between the Vaga, a Zenith, and a tackling bot. THAT is why Ewar is balanced, it requires incredible coordination to just break even on a numbers basis.

Tund Bungler wrote:

You guys keep bringing up that a single Vaga can lock out a mech, and that is just not true. As I described earlier a Vaga cannot lock out even 1 mech by itself. It requires a joint effort between the Vaga, a Zenith, and a tackling bot. THAT is why Ewar is balanced, it requires incredible coordination to just break even on a numbers basis.

You don't seem to know your numbers. Do check for them on the last page please. A vaga can easily lock a single mech down all by himself.

Rather than spreadsheet warrior Ive gotten out in the game and tested it. They cant lock them out, damage gets through. But at this point Im about done doing your testing for you.

Yup, we already said enough.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

All you guys need to go all out on test server and fight, no precious pixels there to loose.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

All you guys need to go all out on test server and fight, no precious pixels there to loose.

I'm undocked on Dom waiting (NOT on the test server)

I am glad that everyone felt the need to respond and attentively focus on the sarcastic part of my last post.

@ Burial: If you honestly believed that my statement was meant as the end all be all counter fit for max range e-war then.... well i now know why this thread exists.

You are talking about a bot that is being semi-buffed from another next to it, if not two more providing those buffs. Take that same mentality and apply it to support the RIGHT dps fit and you have solved this riddle of a e-war counter.

@Anni - If I undock in a 1000m meter bot the ONLY place i will engage is somewhere i can use that range. That would be the entire point of that fit. You know me better than to assume I would not have already accounted for every possible downside of a fit.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Celebro wrote:

It's not about resources for STC. They have resources to lose 10s of thousands of bots. If they cannot ensure Spreadsheet Victory there is no point for them to unlock.

It's the culture. They're snobs. Snobs don't like losing. They're 'too good' to lose so it must be some 'unfair' mechanic.

Just look at their lame mottos. Be Excellent. How stupid is that... excellent at what? Mining? Crying n the forums for nerfs? Ticket spamming?

Snobs.

i know,
and i know that actually those ewar bots don't have that restriction.

But do you know why I don't like EWAR the way it is? for the same reason i wrote in my last post.
It removes the slight difference between EVE and Perp -> player "twitch" skills.

you can run behind cover, do hit and run in DPS vs. DPS. There is a good bit of player skill involved. You can even react on the battlefield to your opponents equip by switching ammos if you figured out his resists (well, only a little bit because that part of the game is very underdeveloped).

But if someone just ECMs , JAMs or DEMOBs you -> what can you as individual do to counter that?
In all the discussions here its "bring the right fit" or "bring more mates" is the answer. Thats nothing you can adjust on the terrain.

And there is it, the ultimate PvP skill in perp - know when to just run from a fight you have zero chance to win.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

112 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-08 01:35:38)

As an individual, you can do little if anything.

As an organization you can do everything.

It's why I keep bringing fleets with the right fit to kill what I want to kill.

It's a game of strategy and patience. If I wanna go 10v10 brawl in Atlas I'll load up MWO.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

113 (edited by Norrdec 2014-05-08 06:49:25)

Anni are you talking about the same EVE where a frigate (small bot) or similar can lock down a TITAN(WAY bigger than heavy mech) so people can take their time and arrive at the location to kill the titan? Because if you are, it's more than legit for a cam to lockdown a seth in perp.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

114 (edited by Grond 2014-05-08 07:32:36)

Why was ewar never an issue when we where running in 62nd always/most of the time had a smaller squad than any enemy ewar was the thing that made us able to get kills against a bigger enemy?

Because our players isnt useless yarr

I would invite anyone to bring 7 guys to the test server in whatever ewar you want vs 7 of my guys and we shall see who's overpowered.

Shots fired.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Both mechanics heavily favor the larger side.

I thought most of the mechanics do that? Simply because 1<2 will always be true.

But if people flee from a fight using mobile teleports then there is no fight at all so I'm not sure we can talk about sides there.

^