Re: The official: nerf ewar thread

Syndic wrote:

What I'm impressed about is that after 4 bloody years I explain just how flawed your entire train of thought and reasoning behind your fits and fleet compositions is, and you still don't get it.

We build fleets to perform a task, or to counter something.

You build fleets by theorycrafting the best mathematical potential for a robot and then jumble it together and act suprised when it falls flat on its face.

That is why EWar being nerfed or not being nerfed is inconsequential. I will roll out Ictus Mk2's instead of Vagabond Mk2's and we will be having the same discussion a few months down the line about EnWar and reactor sealings.

The game is perfectly balanced because all 3 races are relatively equally viable.

So, an insult combined with an argument that's based on learn to play and everything's fine? I guess i'm done with you.

What I do think is funny is how one side is accusing a group of people for pushing an agenda while that very same group is flooding every thread and attempts to deflect and derail. One might even think that there actually was a problem if one didn't already.

77 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-07 13:56:00)

Mech sensor strength --> 120 Hw
Heavy Mech sensor strength --> 85 Hw

HALP HALP ECCM NO WORK ON HEAVY

Want me to draw it for you in crayons too? lol

~4 years of brainstorming~

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

OH NOES A COUNTER IS WORKING, NERF IT big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

ECCMs are the counter though, and their state of "working" is what's being questioned tongue

80 (edited by Norrdec 2014-05-07 14:35:07)

Ewar is counter to heavy mech (which is why they have LOW sensor str), ECCM is counter to EWAR. No tuners and one ECCM brings my high ep ECM bot to level of a newbie as far as ECM chance goes. One tuner and you are still not that good while sacrificing range or extra ECM target.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Ozy wrote:
Norrdec wrote:

ECCMs are the counter though, and their state of "working" is what's being questioned tongue

Yeah.

Detectors are the counter to Maskers.

You're just arguing that Maskers are overpowered because your Chameleon isn't good enough at using a Detector.

CIR Complaint Form

Since I am no pvp expert I am kind of skeptical that Ewar is OP, but not sure. Don't see much evidence or arguments in favour of a nerf nor  do I see the other side proving otherwise, that a nerf is not needed. Not much that Devs can do about this, until all the bias is left to a side and a good argument  is made. Until then,no consensus will be reached.

Imho, If you don't fit for a fight as a group and everyone fits whatever they want you will be gimped and most surely loose unless you have numbers and skill on your side. So My question is does STC select bots that you have to take as a group or does everyone take whatever they want?

RIP PERPETUUM

83 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-07 15:22:16)

Celebro I just proved it elegantly.

Example of their argument:

Arguing that Maskers are overpowered because your Chameleon isn't good enough at using a Detector.

Nerf Detectors.

CIR Complaint Form

This topic can be closed now, thanks.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Arguing that Maskers are overpowered because your Chameleon isn't good enough at using a Detector.

Nerf Detectors.

So if they field a whole fleet of Mechs with a couple of ECCMs you will not counter with Ewar I guess?. Not a bad argument at all though, but I think there is much more than just that. If that is all it is, you could have said something a long while ago.

RIP PERPETUUM

I swear to the gods... reading this thread is like playing chess versus a child who can't see past one movement.

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Nerf Detectors.

So if they field a whole fleet of Mechs with a couple of ECCMs you will not counter with Ewar I guess?. Not a bad argument at all though, but I think there is much more than just that. If that is all it is, you could have said something a long while ago.

Light bots.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

88 (edited by Celebro 2014-05-07 15:46:06)

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

I swear to the gods... reading this thread is like playing chess versus a child who can't see past one movement.

You can't counter 8 queens though big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

That like Mormon chess?  1 king and 8 queens

Celebro wrote:

Imho, If you don't fit for a fight as a group and everyone fits whatever they want you will be gimped and most surely loose unless you have numbers and skill on your side. So My question is does STC select bots that you have to take as a group or does everyone take whatever they want?

We do indeed coordinate groups. This isn't really about STC vs other corps though, that's the narrative that CIR is pushing to delegitimise any form of discussion. For me, this also isn't about any of the most recent fights--i just returned recently and still don't care about losses. 

In terms of balance, the main change affecting the equation with ewar is the follow nerf. I think that it's effectively an Ewar buff because double RSAs are much harder to achieve on everything that isn't an ewar bot now, which in turn makes both ECMs and Sups more effective than they ever were before (+ tunings). This makes the question whether Ewar is a good place in terms of balance quite legitimate, imo.

@ Norrdec: With a single tuner, you get 100% hit chance vs heavies and 83% vs mechs. That's two to four bots that can be jammed out depending on how many amps they fit. With a single ECCM, the hit chances shift to 51% and 66%. I.e., the numbers go down to 1-2 bots being taken out per vagabond, depending on what kind of consistency you need.

Umm..  There's a factor of Random Number generation...  There's no 100%s.

Ozy wrote:
Celebro wrote:

We do indeed coordinate groups. This isn't really about STC vs other corps though, that's the narrative that CIR is pushing to delegitimise any form of discussion. For me, this also isn't about any of the most recent fights--i just returned recently and still don't care about losses. 

In terms of balance, the main change affecting the equation with ewar is the follow nerf. I think that it's effectively an Ewar buff because double RSAs are much harder to achieve on everything that isn't an ewar bot now, which in turn makes both ECMs and Sups more effective than they ever were before (+ tunings). This makes the question whether Ewar is a good place in terms of balance quite legitimate, imo.

@ Norrdec: With a single tuner, you get 100% hit chance vs heavies and 83% vs mechs. That's two to four bots that can be jammed out depending on how many amps they fit. With a single ECCM, the hit chances shift to 51% and 66%. I.e., the numbers go down to 1-2 bots being taken out per vagabond, depending on what kind of consistency you need.

Actually follow nerf only touched the pilots who fly 2+ accounts, ewar pilots have since forever paired together to share RSA's.

It's easy to achieve the same heavy+logibot composition, assuming a player is willing to actively fly a logibot.

Mech with 1 ECCM = ~50% chance to jam. What's the mech lock time with 2 sensor amps again? Oh... 3 something seconds... Hmmm so it needs 4 ECM's on it to succeed 4 times at 50% to achieve the "soul-crushing EWar OP"?

Sure you don't want crayons?

CIR Complaint Form

Ozy wrote:

With a single tuner, you get 100% hit chance vs heavies and 83% vs mechs. That's two to four bots that can be jammed out depending on how many amps they fit. With a single ECCM, the hit chances shift to 51% and 66%. I.e., the numbers go down to 1-2 bots being taken out per vagabond, depending on what kind of consistency you need.

Please elaborate on your two claims.

How exactly is follow nerf ewar buff? Provide bots and fit examples.

What bots fits and skill levels provide you those % and provide your bots and fitting examples.

Rage Rex wrote:
Line wrote:

There was a whole big nice thread about that already.

1300m+ for supressors is slightly to much - either Nexus or supressor base range needs to be tweaked. And while a single ECM jamming chances are fine, unlimited number of them affected on a single target brings that chance sky high, no matter how many ECCM you will fit.

A brand new fresh look tho - using ewar modules could drastically increase interference output, at least limiting an amount of ewar bots on a square meter.

1300? Was that the awesome single ECM Zenith Mk2 fit Hunter innovated? Tell me what do you need to then LOCK that far out? Are you complaining about ewar or Zenith Mk2s or the fact there are no stacking penalties on range extenders?

I welcome stacking penalties on range extenders as well as all other tunings. If you are so concerned about EWAR RANGE then lets just nerf stacking. Done.

I'll miss my 1300 single ECM fit Zenith, but its for the good of the game.

Take a Zenith Mk2, fit like 2xRE, 2xSupressors, rest in head is up to you. Max your skills, that's necessary, eh. Put on that Zenith 2xRSA, Ewar Nexus, Farlock Nexus, all t4 and max skills, again. Bring, says, a Tyranoss to paint targets - voila! your Zenith can 100% supress any non-eccm target at about 1305m - range limited by locking range, sadly.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I guess all my lvl 9 & 10 skills fall short. I need 3 RE. I think a stacking penalty would do wonders.

I guess what you are saying is that I need to bring 3 pilots so that I can have what max 3 suppressors at that range. Sounds like another STC theory craft disaster. Please compose your fleets of this 'OP' setup.

Rage Rex wrote:

Please elaborate on your two claims.

How exactly is follow nerf ewar buff? Provide bots and fit examples.

What bots fits and skill levels provide you those % and provide your bots and fitting examples.

1. The follow nerf limits the viability of RSAs for heavies and mechs while not impeding spider RSAs for ewars in the slightest. So the choice is to either run double amps on everything and thus reduce the power per bot on dps (in which case you'd argue that this is primarily a mech and heavy nerf) or you go with single amps as compromise and then are more susceptible to getting ewared.

2. Max skills, Vaga mk1/2. 3 ECMs + Tuner + 1 RE or 4 ecms on the mk2. The hit chances for the opposing bots are faction and skill agnostic.

Line wrote:

Take a Zenith Mk2, fit like 2xRE, 2xSupressors, rest in head is up to you. Max your skills, that's necessary, eh. Put on that Zenith 2xRSA, Ewar Nexus, Farlock Nexus, all t4 and max skills, again. Bring, says, a Tyranoss to paint targets - voila! your Zenith can 100% supress any non-eccm target at about 1305m - range limited by locking range, sadly.

Even if you fit 2 more supressors your only negating 2 bots...... not worth it.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Celebro wrote:

So My question is does STC select bots that you have to take as a group or does everyone take whatever they want?

Depends on whether or not their FC is there to wrangle the cats.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lobo wrote:
Line wrote:

Even if you fit 2 more supressors your only negating 2 bots...... not worth it.

4 actually. 3 if you need 100%. But why only the bots? Turrets, mate! Turrets!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I can set my Iktus up to neut @ 1000m and itle neut enough AP to drain any e-war what then?

Am i doin it right roll

All of these arguments are quite moot because when was the last real fleet fight? years+?  Do not try and claim balance objections when you take roaming groups or none e-war counter fits out to play.

Lets all practice this over the weekend.

I want to PvP?> Yes
Who am I pvping? > Counter fit them
Undock and enjoy pvp win \o/

TL:DR I haz counters and you wont see it until you counter the current fleet composition. If you wait any longer everyone will have the EP on our side for that fleet soon(TM) yarr

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle