Topic: Mittani.com Perp Steam release article

Thousands of EVE players and other people read this site.

Front page

http://themittani.com/news/perpetuum-available-steam

http://themittani.com/

Re: Mittani.com Perp Steam release article

Saw this earlier, pretty cool cool

pretty cool, especially when the first comment kinda lists the most prominent issues that are usually talked down by the old playerbase.

and since none of those "issues" are recognized by the DEVs, even thought most of them are ALWAYS the first negative critics you can read everywhere - its a wonder that there are even new player staying more then a few days.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Armchair theorycrafters always invent "most prominent issues" where there are none. These prominent issues are always the first because of a lack of understanding.

"Hey titans can 1-shot ships game sucks" there you go, disprove it.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

We all remember what happened after the eve exile, server lagging like crazy and they all left after 1 or 2 month...

6 (edited by Alexander 2014-04-25 15:48:35)

Malkuth wrote:

We all remember what happened after the eve exile, server lagging like crazy and they all left after 1 or 2 month...

Except they didn't all leave! A fair few faces that joined back then are still here.
A game with a small number of players turned a few away from making a subscription. They enjoyed the game but couldn't justify sending money every month on it. Now we're getting new faces and returning old faces. While a lot of the issues that were seen as 'poor' before haven't changed much it's a lot less sour and the devs continue to show willing and dedication.

If you're here then you are one of the following:

• Enjoying the game, be it new or old

• Can't find anyone else that will put up with your whining

Shots fired! Shots fired!!

This is a surprise, I will be expecting 500+  online this weekend.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

This is a surprise, I will be expecting 500+  online this weekend.

I think you will be disappointed.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The reason this game stumbled for two years is it was allowed to become the place for disgruntled EVE players to call home.

I play Perp because it's a Sandbox, the same reason I played EVE, the same reason I played SWG, the same reason I played FF14 1.00

EVE is EVE, Perp is Perp. They are video games, they are sand box online games. They are Indi, that thing so many people say they want but never give a chance. Play or don't, don't ask me to decide for you.

Malkuth wrote:

Some left, some didn't.

"People with opinions just go around bothering each other."

-Buddha

Dyson Bhaal wrote:
Malkuth wrote:

Some left, some didn't.

most of them left without a word, a tiny minority stayed.

from server breaking 1k+ that tried to login while server was under DDos Attack, only less then 100 have been active until steam release.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear