Topic: Off to the races...

This was at ~17 most of the day.  Of course, this only counts STEAM players but the increase is dramatic.

It will be interesting to see what's going on when I get home from work wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: Off to the races...

Nice. Never seen this site before. Thanks!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

370 in gc

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

yet steam link is showing 24 hour peak @ 131 - so I guess that's just the steamlings

Lupus Caeli wrote:

yet steam link is showing 24 hour peak @ 131 - so I guess that's just the steamlings

Yea, I never saw it go over 131, but it was @30th on top sellers yesterday and it's still at 43rd.   That's not too bad considering it never showed on the main page.  Never showed on new releases at all, nor on specials at all, and was only on the 2nd page of "featured pc games' for a couple hours.  A dev said 410 players concurrent players on IRC yesterday.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

The peak steam users keeps going up smile

Population graphs

I saw over 400 in GC yesterday and the graph keep climbing

Population graphs

8 (edited by Celebro 2014-04-28 11:59:28)

The rate off increase is good and keeps climbing, player retention issues will creep in soon (like any mmo) but as long as it's climbing and more show up than leave this will be great success. The player leadership in this game is key to provide player content and keep new players interested, so I think it's high priority  to provide leaders the tools needed to keep this up long term.

By tools I mean easier corp management, more control on what roles you can give and a better management on industry for team production.

RIP PERPETUUM

The numbers will keep climbing, and as the game is free now, people that once played are more likely to keep accounts active (ep wise)  in case of any new content updates.

And when the increase of player stabelizes, trial can kick in (i hope devs don't wait for that and let it kick in alot sooner as soon they managed to get gamma live and maybe some needed server upgrades tongue) .

so, how long will the PvP vet. corps voluntary stay in lower level equip to not scare away the noobs? How long until someone with Lemon's PvP skills starts to trample down all those fleets of assaults and lights with his 3-4 accounts multi(s)boxing?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Umm.. you looked at Perp-kill recently, lol

12 (edited by Celebro 2014-04-28 17:33:59)

Annihilator wrote:

so, how long will the PvP vet. corps voluntary stay in lower level equip to not scare away the noobs? How long until someone with Lemon's PvP skills starts to trample down all those fleets of assaults and lights with his 3-4 accounts multi(s)boxing?

Why do you think that the follow on with lock was removed?

Anyhow most corps have mixed group of vets and new players. If the numbers keep rising, we a going to be so few, that the 'Vet effect' would be almost irrelevant.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Anyhow most corps have mixed group of vets and new players. If the numbers keep rising, we a going to be so few, that the 'Vet effect' would be almost irrelevant.

Apparently you have never met Cookie.

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Apparently you have never met Cookie.

Good for Lemon if he still can without moving, didn't stop STC from growing either. wink

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Are we actually getting new players mixing into vet corps?

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj/

This seems to be showing a trend of people hopping in and starting their own corps.

I know it's not popular, but my opinion is the game needs a handful of large powerblocks to create good PVP content, not hundreds of small ineffective corps trying to use politics to defend themselves.

Once those large blocks are established, than there is room for smaller corps.

I can rehash why this is a good idea, or everyone can just agree and I'll go back to lurking tongue

16 (edited by Celebro 2014-04-28 20:57:05)

Yes there are, don't you see Vet corps recruiting new people?

In the infographic I see lots of dead small corps that now show because everyone is active now.

Anyhow; people do what they like, not what it suits the balance of the game or any particular entity, if a big corp goes its a hard hit to the game too, as it has happened before.

RIP PERPETUUM

You bring up a good point, but the underlying issue is still there, are these returning players going to end up with the same gaming experience that led to them leaving in the first place if they don't join a larger corp?

This is thankfully a different issue then Monacle gate, where 90% of the new people all joined together to form an ineffectual giant low EP corp.

Is the overall impression that new players are getting distributed throughout the established corps? Are the alliances balancing out organically?

Arga wrote:

You bring up a good point, but the underlying issue is still there, are these returning players going to end up with the same gaming experience that led to them leaving in the first place if they don't join a larger corp?

This is thankfully a different issue then Monacle gate, where 90% of the new people all joined together to form an ineffectual giant low EP corp.

Is the overall impression that new players are getting distributed throughout the established corps? Are the alliances balancing out organically?

It's pretty good actually.

It's time for you to log in. Quota's piling up etc.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

It's time for you to log in. Quota's piling up etc.

It's almost worth it to see all of CIR's Riv MKII fleet deployed on one field... that would be an awesome screenshot.

Arga wrote:

From what I have experienced it seems they are getting distributed as you say. At the end of the day if players are having fun they will stay, small or large corp, mixed or not. The idea of great success might be fun to some, but it is also fun for others to just play casually and take it easy, get slaughtered with throw away fits and then laugh about it. smile

RIP PERPETUUM

New peak 261 yesterday (remember this only counts steam accounts that are launching via steam).

Population graphs

Only question about this is, how many of those steam accounts are people that connected one account to steam and how many are real "new" players. Still, the number of all players online is getting better and better.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I don't know, but I have 5 accounts and none of mine are linked to steam *shrug*.

Population graphs