Topic: Any chance of new mechs?

So the more I have been playing perpetuum I have started to wounder.

Why are there so few mechs in perpetuum? Each faction has say.. 6 mechs total? 2 EWar mechs (Small and medium) and just different sized bots that deal damage. Heck they all almost have the same bonuses as well.

Any chance we can see some more mechs ?

Re: Any chance of new mechs?

[00:03:51] <Balomb> dev zoom is there anything in the works for a firearms speacialized bot that isnt a arkhe?
[00:04:42] <DEV Zoom> Balomb new bots will come later this year hopefully
[00:05:02] <DEV Zoom> quite honestly we need to get a 3d artist for that since we don't have any right now

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-04-22 13:00:08)

Annihilator wrote:

[00:03:51] <Balomb> dev zoom is there anything in the works for a firearms speacialized bot that isnt a arkhe?
[00:04:42] <DEV Zoom> Balomb new bots will come later this year hopefully
[00:05:02] <DEV Zoom> quite honestly we need to get a 3d artist for that since we don't have any right now

I hope they hire the Artist who did The Gamma structures. I like his work smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

I hope they hire the Artist who did The Gamma structures. I like his work smile

I am sure he will appreciate the compliment. Even though he made like 99% of the 3D meshes ingame...
Also, i would have loved to see him redo the older mechs with the details of the newer ones (compare Zenith with Artemis)

All i can hope for, is that the actual concept for the buildings, to be upgradable from one tier to the next higher one, will ever make it into the game. Its such a lack-luster that you have to decon a building to replace it with a higher tier one, just because they couldn't code it that way (even though the building design was made with that in mind)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I would like to see a dedicated Logi bot of the glider variety.

Aye Pod wrote:

I would like to see a dedicated Logi bot of the glider variety.

Or just dedicated logi in general big_smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Or even a dedicated freighter.

I want a mobile gamma base bot.

Think Command and Conquer with mobile construction yard.

Make it a bigass glider.  When it deploys it will grow into a small terminal with minimal defenses (few damage turrets and a few ewar turrets) which would take maybe an hour to deploy.  Nothing more than a few turrets on the terminal and a terminal.

Make them cheap (compared to building a gamma base) and make them reusable.

This would allow smaller corps to have a lower risk method to make a gamma base, it would allow for forward attack bases, or add a defensive layer from which to undock defenders.

And yes....the game is in need of a tanky large transporter. 5000U hauler, slow as ***, not made of paper.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

And yes....the game is in need of a tanky large transporter. 5000U hauler, slow as ***, not made of paper.

Why not just make everything smaller, so that the scarab can actually haul something, I like the idea of the largest freighters being fragile though.

Multiply current hauler cargo capacity by 5 or 10. 

Problem solved.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

maybe we could see some thing between heavy mech and medium mechs?

Or how about some thing that can actually move fast! Sorta like a scout bot for either each faction or make it a syndicate bot >.>

I want assault class ewars!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

13 (edited by Annihilator 2014-04-23 11:48:05)

well, i want that guy with the plasma gun, the mortar and the melee claws:
http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … -nia03.jpg

oh, and the high-quality bapho too smile

A Siege class mech about the size of the scarab mounting mortars and other weapons for base assaults and destroying terraformed walls.

Mostly to give corps a faster option for attacking gamma holdings.

Hi Devs, could I please have a super-heavy EWAR bot which can dominate an entire gamma island with it's brain, driving inferior non-Soviet bots to fire upon one another or self destruct as they teleport in from their alpha base.

Also it would be fitted with a snow / dinosaur poop plough.

Oh, and a chainsaw arm.

Thankies.

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?