Topic: Add some red spawns to virtual island

Subj
Because best place to learn aggro mechanics is where nothing can be really lost.
Different tiers and colors so people can get a feel on how they scale/act.

Bonus points: Adding a tutorial section that points to the spawns and explains red vs orange aggro.

Re: Add some red spawns to virtual island

Oh I'm very confident people wouldn't create new characters just to grief the hell out of them smile

I think it would be a good idea to add few orange wandering Observers to coastal areas. Something challenging for new players to shoot. Those Drones and Scarabs are too easy and don't really show the strengths and weaknesses of any mechs.

Sounds like an easy way to provide Observer loot on Alpha to vets.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Do vets even still bother with observers anymore?

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Syndic wrote:

Sounds like an easy way to provide Observer loot on Alpha to vets.

I'm talking about newbie training area.

And Anything in the Training area can't be brought over to the Main Terminal when u finish.            cool

Tears can be brought over.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Oh I'm very confident people wouldn't create new characters just to grief the hell out of them smile

Make the reds leash then, since "farming is too easy" cannot be a concern when nothing is brought over.
And of course seed the market there with mechs, equipment and whatever else (if they are not already) to easily replace whatever is lost.

Right now the "combat area" does not have anything that can fight back in a significant way, which can give a very wrong impression to new players.

I was surprised to find no other NPC in the training zone but Arkhes. Since people can try out mechs and skill up to max (it seemed) I think a few Orange spawns would be helpful.

I get the concern for griefing in a training zone, but I don't see how orange NPCs could be used for grief.