Re: Gamma Revamp Testing ???

Turrets hit too hard anyways.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

they do hit hard but if you only face a few of them at a time & are propperly tanked it can be done. Also turrets still have terrible AI last time i checked so bugging them out to over come them might still be an option lol.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

i was running around some turrets in a light Ew last night and i was shocked to see how many times it missed

I had only nexus and frame .. no evasive ... so why dont you test to see what you can do with evasive + nexus with lights and turrets ... the Remedy and STC base has some up for testing .. Feel free to shoot ours for testing purposes. ( just share the results wink )

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

54 (edited by Annihilator 2014-04-22 17:00:42)

i wonder if they can ever balance turrets in any way.
they either hit to hard or to soft. They can either be overcome with attack range + numbers or ewar + numbers.

to quote Zooms words here:

DEV Zoom wrote:

... there is no strategy in that.

there is no special equip necessary to overcome the turrets that cannot be used against actual player defending the base. Thats kinda contradicting the whole balance concept of the game where you need someone to bring a designated account that was trained for several month just in that one role and cannot switch his "role" on the terrain.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Turrets needs ammo loading. It's still is PVP when a player places a turret which helps in defence, it's only fair that ammo is consumed. There is also a need for turret to shoot PVP flagged players if the terminal owner wants to set it, obviously being set blue/green should over ride this.

RIP PERPETUUM

i would agree only if we get better AI for turrets .... we need to be able to control in real time who the turrets are targeting and shooting ... if not by player name at least by bot type.

Turrets could have settings ... Auto ( AI controlled , Manual Player Controlled ) would be nice to jump into the seat of a turret in first person mode or something and start shooting attackers ...

Celebro wrote:

Turrets needs ammo loading. It's still is PVP when a player places a turret which helps in defence, it's only fair that ammo is consumed. There is also a need for turret to shoot PVP flagged players if the terminal owner wants to set it, obviously being set blue/green should over ride this.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.