Topic: Perp-Kill v2.0

Greetings,

As many of you noticed, I've recently started on the perp-kill.net rework/update. I'm posting this thread as a place for feedback, bug reports, complaints, feature requests, and/or general comments.

Re: KB Size - I'm not sure what you mean specifically. The overall dimensions of the killboard are the exact same as version 1.0. Are you talking about a specific section?

Re: Time/Mail/Comment Icons - Find me something better and I'll use them.

Re: Comments - The last time comments were visible by default, you *** lords posted so much racist crap that my inbox was flooded by people requesting that I remove them all together. They stay hidden unless you click.

Re: Ranks/Top List - These are still being stored/calculated and will return and/or be incorporated into a bigger statistics/reporting section.

<3,
Mitix

Re: Perp-Kill v2.0

Nice work.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

THANKS FOR UNBANNING ME

<3 !

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Mitix the only thing I see that ruins the layout are the long Corp names on the killmails ... POLICE corp comes out as its full name, which I can't even remember, and takes at least half the screen because the name is written on one line.

Mitix Vs Doek big_smile

Good work I like it!

RIP PERPETUUM

Thank you to the update,
I have also some "size" issue, because I see bigger robot icons on the main page, and even bigger when you specifie the battle.

For me is would be better to be smaller. I dont see just the 1-2 people on the battle before I saw plenty.

(hoewer my screen not big, 1366*768)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

i agree. i liked the smaller icons better as well. you get better overview and see more on one screen.

besides that very good work. kkep it up.

Cassius wrote:

Mitix the only thing I see that ruins the layout are the long Corp names on the killmails ... POLICE corp comes out as its full name, which I can't even remember, and takes at least half the screen because the name is written on one line.

What browser are you using? It's supposed to be cutting those names off if the extend outside their boundaries.

Inda wrote:

Thank you to the update,
I have also some "size" issue, because I see bigger robot icons on the main page, and even bigger when you specifie the battle.)

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

i agree. i liked the smaller icons better as well. you get better overview and see more on one screen.

Can do. I'm working on a more responsive layout that should display correctly on smaller screens, specifically mobile devices.

One thing I need for this is a new header image. If any one has any interesting screenshots of the game let me know. I need something that is full width (1920 or bigger) without any text so I can scale dynamically.

Mitix, thanks for your efforts.

Is there a way comments can be tagged automatically by ip so that you can view a commentors history. This would show those anonymous hero's who multi post.

It should also be considered if a certain number of down votes would then ban that ip

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Mitix, thanks for your efforts.

Is there a way comments can be tagged automatically by ip so that you can view a commentors history. This would show those anonymous hero's who multi post.

It should also be considered if a certain number of down votes would then ban that ip

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Mmmm, how about an OAuth2 API for the actual Perpetuum accounts? I've been planning to do some API revamping anyway, and having OAuth2 endpoints would mean we could have person-specific data routed through the API without having to worry about unauthorized access.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Gargaj are you planning to place ALL player deaths through the API???

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Jita wrote:

Mmmm, how about an OAuth2 API for the actual Perpetuum accounts? I've been planning to do some API revamping anyway, and having OAuth2 endpoints would mean we could have person-specific data routed through the API without having to worry about unauthorized access.

So long as you have to comment using a name that stats with you I'm game. I don't want to force away anonymous commentors but I would like to know the history of that anonymous guys comments.

Jita wrote:
DEV Gargaj wrote:
Jita wrote:

So long as you have to comment using a name that stats with you I'm game. I don't want to force away anonymous commentors but I would like to know the history of that anonymous guys comments.

yeah wouldn't want to miss out on all those awesome and hilarious anonymous comments...

mitix - would it be possible to auto-analyse kills by participants to get a picture of who is allied together and group the "related kill" page based on that data?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

if your going to change the KB with api or whatever then do it right like other large scale games are.  make it so anonymous cant post anymore and only the actual in game account can post.  In the end it will clean up the KB from racist comments and useless trash talking that actually hurts the game in the long run.  Most people "other than trolls" don't want to see all those ridiculous comments and if they are to be posted then at least the real persons name and picture will be there.

Even if its API linked you will just get Alt accounts posting. Its the same really, just linked to one person and so needs a mechanic to put down idiocy.

please add a realtime map feature and Android alert app

Thanks for your hard work

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

DEV Gargaj wrote:

I have very limited experience with OAuth2, but this sounds wonderful.

Annihilator wrote:

mitix - would it be possible to auto-analyse kills by participants to get a picture of who is allied together and group the "related kill" page based on that data?

Yes, the related kills section can be improved. It's on the list.

Rage Blackout wrote:

please add a realtime map feature and Android alert app

Not sure if troll.

20 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-04-14 20:43:22)

Mitix wrote:

Re: Time/Mail/Comment Icons - Find me something better and I'll use them.

I really like the general rework, especially the addition of ewar.

My small complaint in comments on KB about the icons really is small. I don't think any icon is necessary. Time is self-evident. As for # Players involved and # Comments, the Header Label from before was sufficient. Now all those icons repeating over and over, just seem to blur together with #s. For someone who scans very quickly over numbers it forces me to slow down to distinguish it bit more.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for new look.

Lucian Cain wrote:

if your going to change the KB with api or whatever then do it right like other large scale games are.  make it so anonymous cant post anymore and only the actual in game account can post.  In the end it will clean up the KB from racist comments and useless trash talking that actually hurts the game in the long run.  Most people "other than trolls" don't want to see all those ridiculous comments and if they are to be posted then at least the real persons name and picture will be there.

There is nothing to stop the proliferation of Alt accounts effectively posting anonymously and continuing the scourging comments. But I do like the idea of at least tracking Unique Anonymous.

Rage Rex wrote:
Lucian Cain wrote:

There is nothing to stop the proliferation of Alt accounts effectively posting anonymously and continuing the scourging comments. But I do like the idea of at least tracking Unique Anonymous.

the number of alts is kinda limited to your investments now... unless your using old accounts just to create and delete agents to make "anonymus" posts on a killboard.
+1 to removing trial accounts

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

23 (edited by Cassius 2014-04-14 22:00:42)

Alt account posting will have far different repercussions than anonymous. For one thing it would show corp affiliation, for another if the character ever showed up in game he's easily connected to racism or crude sexual slurs ... And also, its quite easy to figure out who runs who. I'm sure some will use alts to post, but its miles ahead of anonymous posting.

Mitix -

Ranks section gone?   or im blind?

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

comments are hidden by default

easy to ignore

Cassius wrote:

Alt account posting will have far different repercussions than anonymous. For one thing it would show corp affiliation, for another if the character ever showed up in game he's easily connected to racism or crude sexual slurs ... And also, its quite easy to figure out who runs who. I'm sure some will use alts to post, but its miles ahead of anonymous posting.