Topic: Perp ep reset and new beginning

I have been thinking and wanted to put this to a vote. I was thinking that we could reset the ep balance while keeping everyone happy. While assets would be gone. Yes that does suck but with the new release of steam so many new players are going to leave because of the massive skill difference. Pvp also would flare back up because people wouldn't be as afraid of such a huge skill difference.

I would like to put this up to a vote. I want other peoples input to this. Me personally i have 550k ep. i know there are others out there with over a million if not more. Me personally i would be ok with starting off from scratch again to bring in the new era of perpetuum.

I also feel this would benefit Perpetuum as a whole for these reasons. 1. The playing field would be leveled out. 2. People would pvp so much more as the chance for equal losses would be greater. 3. The new players coming into the game wouldn't feel as there is no hope to even start playing. 4. It would allow for the economy to kick back into full gear. People would buy modules again. There would be buy orders for equipment. Kernals would be worth money again. 5. I feel that Perpetuum would also have a huge spike in activity. More people would be on. Aka more pvp, pve, and industry. I honestly feel if we were all willing to make a small sacrifice this game would gain a massive player base. People would play more, and that the game would be more fun for all. big_smile

Vets would start with 150k ep and start with MK2 assualtx2 and MK2 lights X3 of there chosen faction
new players would still start with the starting amount.

Thank you for reading and thank you for the inputs that will be put into this post. big_smile

2 (edited by Tund Bungler 2014-04-13 21:46:22)

Re: Perp ep reset and new beginning

This have anything to do with you getting your teeth kicked in everytime you PVP? Blame Khetar, he chose this for you.

^ Directed at Balomb since he spammed this thread.

No this idea is dumb and won;'t ever happen. Try fixing the game client and then you'll see a better population.

3 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-04-13 21:48:48)

No.

You don't reset progress to create an advantage for you and your motives.

Give the developers a bit of credit here, it would suicide for a fledgling game to do this.

This game NEEDs its vet population now, it doesn't need to *** on them and watch them all leave.

IMO its an insult to the devs to even consider they might do something like this.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

The people that have stuck with the game and paid their 14.99 across however many accounts have earned their EP advantage.

Not to mention focusing their production for the Bots and fits based on where that EP is spent.

They reset EP and i'm going back to playing something else.

No, No again and no some more.

F*ck That......., -1000000 on this whole Idea.            fuuu

I personally agree with you, and this has been discussed multiple times, with the devs saying multiple times that this isn't going to happen. See, game's been released for 3 years, and people have paid money all that time for EP.

Besides, people who've been playing all this time know what and how to rebuild if this was to happen. Noobs are still going to be at a massive disadvantage because none of them know anything about the game.

I paid way more than $30 for each of my accounts and I should have something to show for my support in the game.
Work hard to catch up or dont.

and this would solve what?

nothing. perp history has shown that an ep wipe would have zero impact on anything but suddenly assaults are overpowered because mechs are expensive for... 30 days or so.

its not that there haven't been already two wipes to test this out.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

10 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-04-13 21:56:01)

-1,000,000 EP

0 EP

or 1,000,000 EP

We will still steamroll anyone in PvP. It isnt about the EP, its about all the other stuff. (not the assets, the teamwork blah blah blah etc.)

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

oh and this has been discussed about a dozen times, Dev Zoom said no way those dozen times.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Seriously close this thread before Ville gets back to the internet. This may actually give him a stroke.

And overnight half the market disappears.  Why?  Cause marketers have 0 ep to put into additional buy and sell orders.

+1 though.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Buy a booster if you want to catch up, buy PC to downgrade skills you mis-placed, that's what its there for.

What wipe are we talking about? Some magical universe where wiping assets/SP will suddenly remove 3+ years of combat experience from the pilots who've been taking it to your brown town?

Might wanna follow some examples and utilize a ballgag.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

The community here is riveting, "NOO MAN YOUR IDEA SUCKS BGLAHHH!"

Maximum wrote:

You're wrong. This link completely summarizes this discussion: http://i.imgur.com/IwK5sDa.gif

Tund Bungler wrote:
Maximum wrote:

You're wrong. This link completely summarizes this discussion: http://i.imgur.com/IwK5sDa.gif

and i thought the summary was this:
http://www.whiteandblack.co.nz/wp-conte … Paper2.jpg

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Maximum wrote:

Its pretty much the dumbest idea ive seen on these forums, what did you expect?

You don't crap all over the vets in a game like this...especially with the population it currently has...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

If you want to help new players then include one free EP booster with the initial purchase (which will also get them hooked on boosts big_smile ).

Beyond that, all they need is either a decent corp or an active market.

Speaking of which, the "markets in range" needs to be pointed out more in tutorials/tips/whatever. Because in many games the starter area is the main market and in here it most certainly is not.

This is a really bad idea, no.

RIP PERPETUUM

I support 100% reset, tried several times to push it.

Zoom flat out said no.

Maximum wrote:

Resetting research and having to grind that AGAIN would be HELL and likely enough to push most production Vets out of the game. Then the market would be *** for long while.

EP does not matter nearly as much as noobs seem to think it does. Just keep asking, I still enjoy the subject.

Don't think it's needed.

Stranger Danger wrote:

This game NEEDs its vet population now, it doesn't need to *** on them and watch them all leave.

Don't agree with the idea, but 90% of vets are literally the worst thing to happen to Perpetuum , so... lol

25 (edited by Solishian 2014-04-14 08:51:40)

Just add to the base EP, that every new player gets, somehting like 2x monthly EP (86400) and 1x monthly PC (2400) to get one booster right from the start.
Same for everyone, that bought the game this year before the Steam launch, add to the 1x monthly PC, they allready got from the conversion of gametime beyond the 2. april, 1x monthly EP (43200).

New player will be able to get right into and get a taste of the EP booster without being forced to hand over more money. And player, that allready have supported the game, will get something out of it too.