Topic: PVE kills pushed to through the API

We want the player deaths associated with EVERYTHING.  I don't care if it dies to a veteran mantis, EM turret or superior observer pushed through the API, please and thank you.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: PVE kills pushed to through the API

That would be hot.

once upon a time,
we had a "robot death" graph wink (together with a population graph)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'd be too embarrassed to play the game.

If this happens, please add a flag to the API to distinguish between PvE and PvP. I could parse the number of attackers and flag it from there, but I'm lazy. smile

Would this be hard to do Server side?

-1, it will be spammed with bloodspark Arkhes in just a month.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Ville wrote:

We want the player deaths associated with EVERYTHING.  I don't care if it dies to a veteran mantis, EM turret or superior observer pushed through the API, please and thank you.

^^ +1

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Once enough kills/deaths come through, us that have killboards set up can start filtering out arkhe's and such from the default lists.

Doek wrote:

Once enough kills/deaths come through, us that have killboards set up can start filtering out arkhe's and such from the default lists.

+1

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I'd have more than a few blushes in there but sure, it would be awesome

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

We want this!  Come on Gargaj!  Save us!

Would be too much killmails that nobody care about. If each killed arke is on killboard, you can't use it any longer

14 (edited by Grond 2014-04-12 10:10:29)

+1
as long as they put a flag on them in the api  so its possible to sort them out, cluding the kb should not be a problem

+1

... and you're sure you want this to happen with the Steam launch up and comming this month?
With all those new players running and probably dying all around.
If some smaller fights allready causes some lag, anyone wants to venture a guess, what the extra load of all these information going back an forth between players and servers will cause? lol

17 (edited by Annihilator 2014-04-12 12:58:23)

pushing those facts through the killmail API could (should) be used to create statistics, especially with the coordinates beeing sent together with the type of NPC.
This data can then be used for game changes in balance, AI or npc/terrain location adjustments.

BTW, its a huge design issue when you make a game with a player driven market, pvp centered gameplay - and nearly noone dies to NPC except noobs in their early days, any1 because of disconnects, or AFK player that got surprised by a red roam or AI changes. (gz sundial wink)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

18 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-04-12 14:06:53)

Whereas I support this idea in general, I still ask my self, without going into further details, if this has anything to to with some vet player idiots, making a sport of pulling red npc´s onto newbies latley on alpha´s, to watch them blow up their new shiny s. What a sincere welcome to new players.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

History has shown if you want something fixing, abuse it. While joke won't be doing it I understand the motivation.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

MoBIoS wrote:

Whereas I support this idea in general, I still ask my self, without going into further details, if this has anything to to with some vet player idiots, making a sport of pulling red npc´s onto newbies latley on alpha´s, to watch them blow up their new shiny s. What a sincere welcome to new players.

Those poor poor newbies in their Scarab Mk2s and Gropho Mk2s.

...wait that doesnt make sense does it?

Tund Bungler wrote:
MoBIoS wrote:

Those poor poor newbies in their Scarab Mk2s and Gropho Mk2s.

...wait that doesnt make sense does it?

I want this purely for industrial applications.  I want to see where bots need to be seeded.

MoBIoS wrote:

Some people just like to watch the world burn. Some other people just arnt smart enough to afk mine on Alpha 1 smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Ville wrote:

I want this purely for industrial applications.  I want to see where bots need to be seeded.

In Canada we call this sarcasm.

Zoom.

Zoom.