Re: State of the Game

Ioci wrote:

Update,
10 seconds from a Shinjalar Mag strip, gathering Prismocitae in a Sequer. Someone launches a Distress beacon on the mag strip, a dozen bots instalock me and melt the Sequer.

It will be passed off as griefer lulz. Me, I think it's a deliberate attempt by shills to sabotage a game on its last legs. I really don't know if the game has a chance. I can shrug the "loss". It was under a Mill. I can even shrug the waste of time but it does concern me when low impact players get bullied like that. I won't take it personal but that in itself is what concerns me. Anyone coming here from Steam will need to be willing to join the Gamma Zergs out of the gate or will be thugged out of the game.

GL Devs. You have a fight to survive and I don't envy your situation.

yeah, that sounds like a roaming spawn. Besides, even if someone did light off a beacon they would not agress unless you lock or agress them first (unless the damn mechanic changed on that too).

But still cool story in thread that was originally about ...wait, I lost track.

27 (edited by Ioci 2014-04-13 12:05:08)

Rage Rex wrote:
Ioci wrote:

Update,
10 seconds from a Shinjalar Mag strip, gathering Prismocitae in a Sequer. Someone launches a Distress beacon on the mag strip, a dozen bots instalock me and melt the Sequer.

It will be passed off as griefer lulz. Me, I think it's a deliberate attempt by shills to sabotage a game on its last legs. I really don't know if the game has a chance. I can shrug the "loss". It was under a Mill. I can even shrug the waste of time but it does concern me when low impact players get bullied like that. I won't take it personal but that in itself is what concerns me. Anyone coming here from Steam will need to be willing to join the Gamma Zergs out of the gate or will be thugged out of the game.

yeah, that sounds like a roaming spawn. Besides, even if someone did light off a beacon they would not agress unless you lock or agress them first (unless the damn mechanic changed on that too).

There was a player bot there who came right to me, followed me.

There seems to be a concerted effort to discredit this claim I have made and there seems to be a lot of effort being put forth to malign me. I know what happened. It happened twice yesterday. Once on Hersh and this time on Shijalar. The attempt on Hersh failed because I was in a T3 shielded Termis and the mobs never had a chance to take me down.

I'm used to this forum behaviour. I played EVE for 8 years but I really don't see what is being done on the forum here as working. There just isn't enough traffic to bury it in forum war. It won't come as a surprise when the steam people start dropping off because there is active player intervention to push them out.

I might not be here to say I told you so, so I told you so.

Also, title of the thread. "State of the game".

This is the state of the game.

God has taken notice of your past transgressions, for you are not promised the kingdom of heaven. You shall continue to dwell amongst the peasants of alpha 1. Once you have repented and come into the kingdom of heaven you shall be allowed to partake in the spoils of alpha 2.   These holy warriors of God are merely here to remind the unclean that one shall be washed in the blood of Christ.  Those that are unclean shall forever live their exitantance in fear of death.  But God is merciful and has sent his people to do his biding to provide repentance and protection.  Praise be to God!!!

Yup, a Mesmer Mk2 with a Symby followbot can't tank it but a Termis with a T3 shield sure can! Tell us more please. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Ioci: NPCs from distress beacons really should not attack you, they are orange (passive), so they only attack the one who activated the beacon. As far as I know there are no beacons with red NPCs, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ioci wrote:
Rage Rex wrote:
Ioci wrote:

Update,

There was a player bot there who came right to me, followed me.

There seems to be a concerted effort to discredit this claim I have made and there seems to be a lot of effort being put forth to malign me. I know what happened. It happened twice yesterday. Once on Hersh and this time on Shijalar. The attempt on Hersh failed because I was in a T3 shielded Termis and the mobs never had a chance to take me down.

I'm used to this forum behaviour. I played EVE for 8 years but I really don't see what is being done on the forum here as working. There just isn't enough traffic to bury it in forum war. It won't come as a surprise when the steam people start dropping off because there is active player intervention to push them out.

I might not be here to say I told you so, so I told you so.

Also, title of the thread. "State of the game".

This is the state of the game.

We have actually found someone more paranoid than Abe. You win the golden tinfoil hat award.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ioci: NPCs from distress beacons really should not attack you, they are orange (passive), so they only attack the one who activated the beacon. As far as I know there are no beacons with red NPCs, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

These were red NPC's and I 'assumed' this was a beacon spawn based on the number of NPC's that were there. I've spent most of my game on Alpha 2. The largest spawn I have seen was 5 NPCs. There were more NPC's and they were pulled to me 8-10 of them. For all I know the guy who pulled them was hauling a train from all over the map for who knows how long.

The point to all this, people are pulling spawns to miners to scuttle solo mining/ Harvesting attempts. Everything else is forum war tactics. I adjusted in a follow up post that I was unclear to the origin of the Spawns, only knowing that the direction was from the Mag strip, cutting off escape.

If you people in development feel the game is strong enough to absorb that level of selective playerbase that is being policed in to the game by other players, I have no desire or duty to dictate otherwise.

33 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-04-13 22:03:03)

The state of the game is dominated by a clandestine group of players actively harrassing new players in an attempt to push them out of the game. I can't say too much but I will say the culprits are vets who do not like the competition that will come with increasing population.  They want to maintain the glory days of 2013 where man dominated machine without interference from other men. Now it appears that not only are they using their power over NPC mechanics to punish this innocent new player, but Dev Zoom appears complicit.

34 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-04-13 22:08:55)

http://tinyurl.com/nq4skrs

ok, so, you were blown up NPCs in a game where NPCs or players can blow up your robot

Alpha 1 has only orange mobs - safe

Alpha 2 has some red mobs - less safe

Beta has more red mobs and us - not safe

What is there to say?

Hello Kitty Island adventure  ------>          ?

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Rex wrote:

The state of the game is dominated by a clandestine group

I heard my name and got here as soon as I could what did I miss?