Topic: I restarted to Apply Visual Patch...

It downloaded the patch, said update finished....closed the screen and nothing happened.  I reopened Perp and it went back to "Update finished" and closed the window again.  It just keeps doing this.  Now I can't get back in game.  I'm waiting a few minutes, and I'm going to restart my computer...Just thought I'd mention smile

Re: I restarted to Apply Visual Patch...

Also having the same issue.

If I understand this right... DON'T close the client when it says update finished. It's doing its thing on its own and will restart automatically.

You can try running the .exe as "Perpetuum.exe -hashcheck" - takes a while to boot but fixes all the inconsistency related issues.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Didnt close client, it closed itself. Now it wont stay open.

It usually restarts the client after updating.  I don't do anything.  A few moments after closing it reopens and connects again.  Its always worked that way, this is the first issue with it not coming back after the update.

Same as user above.

I just tried opening it after a fresh restart on my computer, it connects to dataserver, then says Update finished and the client closes itself....then nothing.  I'll try your suggestion Gargaj and let you know what happens.

Ok I tried running it with the -hashcheck, Perp opens and the same thing is still happening.

Can you check the Windows Task Manager if there's a task stuck maybe?

Currently Trying: opening the program files and deleting 'Perpetuum.gbf' and let it fully update again. Will let you know if it works.

RollingThunder wrote:

Currently Trying: opening the program files and deleting 'Perpetuum.gbf' and let it fully update again. Will let you know if it works.

Do you mean you installed the game into the Program Files dir on Win7?

13 (edited by RollingThunder 2014-04-08 20:59:28)

No, its own folder... whyyy? By program files I meant the Perpetuum program files, not program files directory silly. lol

I don't see any processes stuck running for Perp in Task Manager.

After going into the Perpetuum file directory and deleting 'Perpetuum.gbf' and then running Perpetuum in admin mode and making it re-update from scratch it works again.

RollingThunder wrote:

After going into the Perpetuum file directory and deleting 'Perpetuum.gbf' and then running Perpetuum in admin mode and making it re-update from scratch it works again.

I now have a 431 Mb download doing this method, on my 'living in the countryside' download speed this will take me 3 hours.

Be aware.

I tried RollingThunder's suggestion and got my main client back up after 4 fatal crashes when trying to redownload.  But it is working so far.  I'm working on doing the process on my second client.

True statement. But it work.s In game currently big_smile

Note from IRC:

[22:18:29] <Jasdemi> restarted the client, it did an update. now everytime I start the game it says "update finished" and it closes
[...]
[22:19:53] <GargajCNS> does it leave a perpetuum.exereplacer.exe next to the perpetuum.exe?
[22:20:45] <Jasdemi> nope, all processes close
[22:21:00] <GargajCNS> no i mean an actual file
[22:21:14] <Jasdemi> it does
[22:21:18] <GargajCNS> hm
[22:21:24] <GargajCNS> can you try deleting that
[22:21:30] <GargajCNS> and then starting perpetuum.exe like normal
[22:21:44] <Jasdemi> works <3

I'm not 100% sure why this happens but I shall investigate.

You're welcome, broskis.

patch worked ok and the client restarted. got stuck 80% into loading so I closed it. Now I get a error message "Unable to open logfile- ensure that the application has write access for directory". How do I fix this ?

Ty and Ty for saving Jasdemi too big_smile

Totally broke, can't log in, just crashes to desktop, that is after wasting all that time doing suggested fixes, my computer is now unstable as hell.

24 (edited by Delia Derbyshire 2014-04-08 22:01:21)

Ok fix, after the delete, and the update and then the crash, go into perp folder and run exereplacer.exe, this then updates client.

How-to:
-open perpetuum program file
-delete 'Perpetuum.gbf'
-clear trash
-in perpetuum program file right-click perpetuum.exe
-run as admin.
-let it download(time may very based on connection)

Should work, worked for me and multiple other people I have walked through it already.