1 (edited by Kynes 2014-04-04 16:19:16)

Topic: Factory Question

I keep all of my materials in a can.  I pull out what I need when I'm building.  Once I submit the job into the factory I usually put my mats back into the can.  I noticed when I do this that if I am running more than one cycle I will only get 1 cycle to actually finish and the remaining jobs seems to get cancled.

Is this the intended behavior?  Am I required to leave all my mats in the root of my private storage for the duration of the build?

When I submit a job I noticed mats being removed but is it not removing ALL the mats for ALL the cycles?

Re: Factory Question

Multiple factory cycles are just a simple automated queue, it's the same as if you would start each one manually one after the other. So they currently can't take all the materials needed for all the cycles, and yes, the material list will only show you the requirements for the first cycle.

The reason it stops is probably because the first cycle degrades the calibration (which increases the required material amounts) and you don't have enough for the next cycle.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Multiple factory cycles are just a simple automated queue, it's the same as if you would start each one manually one after the other. So they currently can't take all the materials needed for all the cycles, and yes, the material list will only show you the requirements for the first cycle multiplied by the number of cycles you set.

The reason it stops is probably because the first cycle degrades the calibration (which increases the required material amounts) and you don't have enough for the next cycle.

fixed that for you, unless something has changed during the last two years.

the question would be - why can't youre server cacluate the right number as preview, counting in the degeneration, and then reserve/take the correct amount of resources from the storage?
i mean, players with excel knowledge can do that since the randomness was removed.
and changing the efficiency while the process runs should be no issue when you set it to "when the process was started"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

the question would be - why can't youre server cacluate the right number as preview, counting in the degeneration, and then reserve/take the correct amount of resources from the storage?
i mean, players with excel knowledge can do that since the randomness was removed.
and changing the efficiency while the process runs should be no issue when you set it to "when the process was started"

Ah yeah, my mind must have slipped. And as far as I know the reason why we don't know the amounts for all the cycles is because there is some random number crunching involved in degradation. I might be wrong though.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Ah yeah, my mind must have slipped. And as far as I know the reason why we don't know the amounts for all the cycles is because there is some random number crunching involved in degradation. I might be wrong though.

that randomness was removed more then a year ago

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Oddly the in-game dialog doesn't factor in CT degradation. There are tools out there that do lol