26 (edited by Kim Cho 2014-07-03 12:38:14)

Re: Hauling Bot

Annihilator wrote:
Kim Cho wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong, it's not that i like multi-accounts, I'd gladly play with one only. And I'm up for every possibility to piss people off, especially on Alpha. But if he wants to implement these NPC haulers, then the devs should either overhaul the NPC rats or the bots, so that you also don't need a logibot behind you. Which isn't going to happen. So you still need at least 2 accounts to be able to rat more or less efficiently.

The thing with steam accounts is not impossible at all, btw.

1. copy your perpetuum folder from /steamapps into another folder for every account you have
2. make shortcut of perpetuum.exe
3. start both clients. you can now choose from every account that is connected to your steam account, no need to manually log in.

about the NPCs - when the DEVs really do what they wrote in that other topic, without npcs dropping t1 loot at all, you suddenly have much more room in your robot wink since you do not have to pick up stuff to delete it in cargo, which you cannot do while having "in combat status", or when your cargo is already full.
You can farm any NPC spot on alpha with a single robot, not even a heavy mech is needed to farm the "hardest" spots since they reduced the NPCs on Alpha to Asia-grinder low-cost MMO versions.

You cannot aquire multiple accounts via steam, so its not possible to do that workaround with steam only. (read my previous post again wink ) Sales only happen within the Steam shop.

If they really nerf T1 drop rates, okay. I'd support that.
Regarding that "any spot farmable in a single robot", I highly doubt that, except you have really good skills. I am currently in an fully T4-equipped Machine-gun Artemis and there is no way in hell I could farm most mech-spots on Alpha without my logibot. Even with most accumulator skills to lvl 5+ I still get sucked dry quite often, and having to fit an armour repper doesn't exactly help in that regard. The amount of EWAR you get from the rats is hard.
If those are the nerfed asia-grinder bots, then I don't want to know what they did before that. I'd probably have to grind assault bots until I'm in a heavy mech with lvl 10 skills.

I guess I could grind at some other spots with smaller bots, but even that would be far from efficient.

And sorry, I apparently misunderstood your steam point, nevermind me. smile

Kim Cho wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Kim Cho wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong, it's not that i like multi-accounts, I'd gladly play with one only. And I'm up for every possibility to piss people off, especially on Alpha. But if he wants to implement these NPC haulers, then the devs should either overhaul the NPC rats or the bots, so that you also don't need a logibot behind you. Which isn't going to happen. So you still need at least 2 accounts to be able to rat more or less efficiently.

The thing with steam accounts is not impossible at all, btw.

1. copy your perpetuum folder from /steamapps into another folder for every account you have
2. make shortcut of perpetuum.exe
3. start both clients. you can now choose from every account that is connected to your steam account, no need to manually log in.

about the NPCs - when the DEVs really do what they wrote in that other topic, without npcs dropping t1 loot at all, you suddenly have much more room in your robot wink since you do not have to pick up stuff to delete it in cargo, which you cannot do while having "in combat status", or when your cargo is already full.
You can farm any NPC spot on alpha with a single robot, not even a heavy mech is needed to farm the "hardest" spots since they reduced the NPCs on Alpha to Asia-grinder low-cost MMO versions.

You cannot aquire multiple accounts via steam, so its not possible to do that workaround with steam only. (read my previous post again wink ) Sales only happen within the Steam shop.

If they really nerf T1 drop rates, okay. I'd support that.
Regarding that "any spot farmable in a single robot", I highly doubt that, except you have really good skills. I am currently in an fully T4-equipped Machine-gun Artemis and there is no way in hell I could farm most mech-spots on Alpha without my logibot. Even with most accumulator skills to lvl 5+ I still get sucked dry quite often, and having to fit an armour repper doesn't exactly help in that regard. The amount of EWAR you get from the rats is hard.
If those are the nerfed asia-grinder bots, then I don't want to know what they did before that. I'd probably have to grind assault bots until I'm in a heavy mech with lvl 10 skills.

I guess I could grind at some other spots with smaller bots, but even that would be far from efficient.

And sorry, I apparently misunderstood your steam point, nevermind me. smile

Player Kim Cho!

Hello!  Have you heard of this module called "ERP"?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Actually, I hadn't, thank you for the info.

Still, I'd love to see a fitting that can take on the heavy mech spawns on Alpha 2 solo with close the same efficiency as a fighter-logi setup. And the extensions needed for it to work properly.

29 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-06 13:57:04)

Artemis with 4x autocannon, chemical ammo, dual sensor amp, a mg and a repair tuning. if you struggle with ecming npcs, use a eccm.

legslots 2x uni hardener, 1x small repair, 1xT4 ERP of your highest resist, aka kinetic.

make sure to only aggro one npc at once.
if multiple NPCs are spawned by the same spawner, only those will share aggro.
If you see mixed group of NPCs, only those with the same name will attack you if you kill one of that type. If you lock the whole spawn, you draw in aggro of all of them.
Use the terrain to your advantage.

you can't farm them as "effective" as someone using a full-tuner double RSA + NEXUS support, but its doable.

If your'e tyrannos pilot, you can just neut/drain them empty and then finish them off.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

30 (edited by Nooodlzs 2014-07-06 16:36:47)

Annihilator wrote:

If your'e tyrannos pilot, you can just neut/drain them empty and then finish them off.

NPC's have unlimited energy, you can neut them till the cows come home and it makes no difference.

Well at least that has been my experience, if you can actually neut them dry it is not very efficient....

31 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-06 17:41:02)

Nooodlzs wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

NPC's have unlimited energy, you can neut them till the cows come home and it makes no difference.

Well at least that has been my experience, if you can actually neut them dry it is not very efficient....

omg, when was the last time you have played this game?

NPC accumulator was added like years ago. It affects how violently they explode on beta (same as player), and even the pelistal ones have a "unbuffed" accumulator regeneration.
one or two hits with a t4 neut and they are empty. after that, their active hardeners are offline, their ecm's cycle slowly and their AP dependant weapons cycle sporadically.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yeah, been explained to me, I'm wrong, it was a LONG time ago when I tried that. xD

Kim Cho wrote:
Ville wrote:

Actually, I hadn't, thank you for the info.

Still, I'd love to see a fitting that can take on the heavy mech spawns on Alpha 2 solo with close the same efficiency as a fighter-logi setup. And the extensions needed for it to work properly.

Dear Player Kim Cho:  I have posted the fittings for a farming T4 Mesmer Solo.  Enjoy.

(1) T4 Kinetic ERP
(2) T4 Armore repairs
(1) T4 Medium Plate
(1) T4 Recharger
(6) T4 Auto Cannons/Machine guns
(1) T4 Sensor Amp
(3) T4 Machine tunnings

Please note to change the ERP to the color you are farming.  If you are farming yellow fit Thermal ERP and Sesimic for green.

The gropho is the only bot that does not need machine guns/auto cannons you can use missle launchers for those.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The gropho sucks at farming compared to mesmer though.

RIP PERPETUUM

I like farmin with the gropho, some mob spawns are not flatlands you know.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

I like farmin with the gropho, some mob spawns are not flatlands you know.

Still not as effective, in terms of dps its pretty low for ball and chains and beacon farming.

RIP PERPETUUM

It's not all about bacons and ball and chain, but I understand what you are saying.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Well this thread has become more helpful than i thought.

Thanks all for the input, I will try it out! big_smile

Would be nice not to have to manage 3 accounts at once <.<

And since you all seem to be pretty confident that it's possible, I'll give my +1 for the NPC hauler idea.

I may be brand new to the game, but I say "no" to this hauler NPC idea.  This removes an entire career from the game, all so that you don't have to run back to the station as often.

No, no, and no.