1 (edited by Reb Sadran 2014-03-31 13:24:24)

Topic: EP boost is a turn off for the new players

So I've been trying to talk some of my friends to give Perpetuum a go when it goes live on steam but they are really hesitant. The biggest turn off according to them is the EP boost which seems kinda mandatory for a beginner and bundle it with game purchase and suddenly your investment is quite significant.

So I think EP boost needs to go or at least 1 month of boost should come with every purchase like other p2p mom's to help new players integrate and not feeling that they need to invest so much just to get into the game.

Re: EP boost is a turn off for the new players

The 1 EP per minute should have been cut in half. 

+1 adding a 50% boost to new steam purchases.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

For one month*

4 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-03-31 15:39:36)

You think giving new players the option to cut in half their catch up time is a turn off? 

I hate the concept as well, but at this point...the game needs to do this.

Also, you don't want the option to take off a full month without having to log in every 3 days?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Include 1 month of 50% boost for each steam purchase.

Marketing 101, make it easy for the customer to spend money.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

6 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-03-31 16:45:43)

It isnt mandatory.  You *** get to get for free what we have been paying for for three years.

Agree one month is a smart idea though. Since DEVS are repellent for good ideas, they will not listen.  tongue

Reb Sadran wrote:

So I've been trying to talk some of my friends to give Perpetuum a go when it goes live on steam but they are really hesitant. The biggest turn off according to them is the EP boost which seems kinda mandatory for a beginner and bundle it with game purchase and suddenly your investment is quite significant.

So I think EP boost needs to go or at least 1 month of boost should come with every purchase like other p2p mom's to help new players integrate and not feeling that they need to invest so much just to get into the game.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Blackout wrote:

It isnt mandatory.  You *** get to get for free what we have been paying for for three years.

Agree one month is a smart idea though. Since DEVS are repellent for good ideas, they will not listen.  tongue

You do benefit from this, but not the new players(which is I might remind you the biggest problem we have right now) don't and it's huge turn off to play catch up. I mean if you start off you want to progress and with the current EP system you get fast boost of 40k then everything slows down to a complete crawl which means that extra 50% means A LOT.

It really needs a minimum of 30 days for newly purchased accounts. Logging in and buying all those neat new skills is a huge part of selling players on this game. The more they can do that, the more likely they are to be hooked. I'd be ok with giving them 90 days. Ignore any Vet whining about "unfairness". You no longer make game decisions for the Vets, you need to do it for the new players.

agreed, id gladly give any minor advantages I have in return for an active game with lots of players.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

If you give new player 30 days free ep-Boost, than define new player.
Accounts subscribing after this Wednesday, after steam release, accounts created less than 30 days ago, having less than 100k EP, the one with less than 30day active playtime, accounts created this year?

Goffer wrote:

Accounts subscribing after this Wednesday, after steam release, accounts created less than 30 days ago, having less than 100k EP, the one with less than 30day active playtime, accounts created this year?

Literally any of those is better than none of those. And it is lightyears better than giving new player negative EP.

12 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-03-31 17:57:50)

+1 90 days EP boost on new accounts

For the sake of Marketing and Feelings

Ville wrote:

Agreeing with Ville, this is a dark day.

But yeah, I agree - bundling an EP boost into the steam release would be nice, gives the new players more EP, decreases initial expenditure, AND lets the players see how much better having a booster is and leave them coming back for more wink tongue

Why not help out the perpetuum wiki?

[15:13:02] <DEV Zoom> yeah, our servers are run by goats, they lick the cogs to keep everything smooth

Just including the booster in the steam-price would be pretty good for new players and for sale numbers.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Just including the booster in the steam-price would be pretty good for new players and for sale numbers.

I totally agree.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Goffer wrote:

Anyone from Steam launch date forward, like ZOMG SUPER AWESOME 30 DAY GAMEZORS if you buy now for the tiny price of $26.98 then you get a 30 month Booster Patch ZOMG  SUPER AWESOME SPACE ROBOTS ONLINE AND THERES MORE!  With initial game purchase you get a free super awesome space robot called "arkhe".  It crawls, it punches, it fights its way to glorious victory!  Included in the MEGA AWESOME robots is all the mods need to create your industrial empire!!!  But that's not all folks.  With every starter pack purchased you get FREE EP!  All you have to do is login and get it.  That's like our little gift to you.  Act now, time is running out...  No seriously act now, we need money...  our children are starving and we need new toasters..  Really we need your money, think of the starving people in Budapest.  It's called Hungry for a reason.  For every dollar you spend, it will be donated to a starving developers child to bring food and nutrient food stuffs to their mouth.... Time is running out!

^See That's how it should be pitched.  I should really stop hitting the bar during lunch.

Mmmhhmm

Ville wrote:

^See That's how it should be pitched.  I should really stop hitting the bar during lunch.

Stay sober my friend. wink

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Instead of giving new players the boost  why not just give then 3000 to 5000 Perp Creds with Purchace on Steam this way they feel they are getting a huge bonus when they join .. also because PC cant be traded it wont be abused ... too much wink

+ 1000 PC for every friend you bring that buys the game big_smile ... Steam is your chance to go balls deep DEVs you need to make people want to play and bribes work well for a while at least ..

should give you guys enough time to add more content ..hopefully

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

20 (edited by Burial 2014-03-31 22:46:32)

Ville wrote:

That's good idea. EP is only number in the database in the end.

Tux wrote:

+ 1000 PC for every friend you bring that buys the game big_smile ... Steam is your chance to go balls deep DEVs you need to make people want to play and bribes work well for a while at least ..

+1 aswell

21 (edited by Cassius 2014-03-31 23:36:48)

*** it. Give all new players 1 Million starting EP. God forbid they are already *** about a method designed to give AC income while allowing them to catch up to vets who generated all their EP the old fashioned way and slower.

Then we can listen to all the new players *** about not having 1.5 Million starting EP and 1 Billion Nic.

roll

ICE is way worse P2W than a 50% EP boost and they are removing it, moving uphill in my book. smile

23 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-04-01 00:57:15)

PCC is going to be on the market sooner than you think.

Not everyone can exploit their way to wealth.

This thread is horse ***.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Give the new guys a little help. Its not going to break the game, and one nerd will tell his five nerd friends about it as they roleplay hello kitty in furry outfits. Then those five nerds will each tell five other nerds for a start total of 25 furry nerds. Soon all the hot and heavy furry nerd action is going to wake up the parents, and when they walk in and see a massive heavy breathing furry orgy going on, they are not even going to yell couse on the computer they will see Perpetuum going and read about the first 30 days of extra ep, and then the parents are going to get so excited, they run upstairs and get an account as well, before falling into bed and having old people sex where he leans up against the wall to support his bad back, and she takes out her teeth and leans over the walker.

So yea, help nerds get laid and hook them up with 30 days ep bonous. It is not game breaking and your return on investment will more then out weigh the up front coding.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

thats a lot of nerds