Topic: Pvp pocket areas for newcomers.

First let me say that I am all for a sandbox game and an open world. I have just resubbed to perp after 2 years off when I read the news about b2p just to support the game.

I was thinking of a place that only light bots (yagel etc) could teleport to (maybe make a teleport with bot size restrictions on alpha islands), where new players could teleport there in their cheap bots to do missions and kill npcs of the same difficulty as alpha island but that yield better loot.

For a paralell idea, please think about ship restricted gates in eve, where any number of players could enter just as long as they do not exceed the ship type restricion. Also no restriction about fitted items, if you want to risk your t4 fitted yagel, the more tears when yoou lose it to a group of organised newbies.

I do not think this would take long to implement, and devs could use existing terrain for this, like make them high plateau or something, that the only way to get over there is by using the special teleport. This should not have a big impact on the vets also because npc's there should only drop up to t2 items and perhaps better kernel loot.

I believe new players would love the feature as they will dibble with pvp in small bots withought the fear that they will be roflstomped by much bigger mechs. Their only challenge would be better players (in terms of skill/fits) and organised groups (which they could easily organise themselves into corporations themselves as well).

Sorry if this was suggested before. What do you guys think?

Re: Pvp pocket areas for newcomers.

+1
Sounds like a fun place to visit.

3 (edited by Goffer 2014-03-29 08:07:40)

Re: Pvp pocket areas for newcomers.

Island only for light bots is not that funny for unexperienced as you might think about.
Real benefit for new player would be only assault, no light, no mech and even this would be no noob heaven.

If you like to avoid pvp against mech, a fast light ewar bot is a good choice. You have 1vs 1 only if the fast bot chooses to. And if you get *** by large fleet, it is no matter, if  HM or Arkes *** you.