Re: Recent NPC AI Changes

It would appear as if the recent rise of muslim extremist in Hershfield has influenced the NPC's to join their jihad.

Many bots were lost to NPC suicide bombers already.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

All this time the npc's have been suffering under the programming of the devs.  This finally gives them a way out. They can end the suffering themselves. Even they dont want to play the game.

DEV Zoom wrote:

There is a fix out on the test server, please try it if you can.

As it turned out, pathfinding used heavy mech slope calculation for all NPCs. This has been like this for probably quite a while, just noone noticed it before because they would just sit around and do nothing if they couldn't reach you. Now with the teleporting feature this became apparent, because they could jump on you even when the slope wasn't right for them. And they suicided because they thought they were stuck on an impassable slope. So there is something good in this after all, otherwise we would have probably never noticed this.

actually knowing that makes so much sense now lol

We knew it a while ago lol.

Burial wrote:

What? Who knew this?!?

Also, Zoom, I appreciate you fixing this, but wouldn't it be better to simply drop the teleporting altogether? Just doesn't seem right to have them exhibit behaviour that is not possible in game.

Cassius wrote:
Burial wrote:

What? Who knew this?!?

Also, Zoom, I appreciate you fixing this, but wouldn't it be better to simply drop the teleporting altogether? Just doesn't seem right to have them exhibit behaviour that is not possible in game.

If path finding works like it should then NPCs telleporting will only happen with anyone that attempts to use beacon pits.

I see no issues with this.

Burial wrote:

And im sure like the good player you are you reported this to the DEVs.

smile

As a nerf to beacon pits, sure, but what about being on a ridge higher than the NPC, with no close or easy path to you. Will the NPC teleport to you in this case? The Yellow and Green islands are full of this type of landscape. I plann to test some tonight ....